Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Preview of new Creeds: Original Cologne, White Flowers, Jardin D'Amalfi

I got a sneak peek at the upcoming Creed lineup and here are my fast impressions (don't have the notes for any of them) :

Original Cologne: Starts off with a quality tangy juicy lemon note (perhaps with a bit of lime as well). There is a backdrop of perhaps a fresh coriander/cilantro and green notes, giving the rounded citrus top a bit of edge. I think the backend smelled a bit similar to Chevrefeuille Original with that grassy herbaceous feel.

White Flowers: understated like the other Royal Exclusives. Immediately detected lots of high quality jasmine, tuberose and maybe a bit of lily and gardenia but simmers down fast. Not thick and gooey like other white flower powerhouses. But maybe also not as edgy as stuff as Tubereuse Criminalle. Don't recall the drydown may need to try again.

Jardin d'Amalfi: Lots of zingy lemon/cedrat in the opening. Then there was a toned down light powdery floral phase. Maybe some sweet fruits? A few hours later I detect a light Creed ambergris base. A very light fragrance. I may have to refresh my memory of the 2007 release Amalfi Flowers, but I detected some similarities.

An extra bonus:

Spice and Wood: One of my favorite spicy-woody fragrances from the last couple of years. The pepper note is an order of magnitude higher quality than most other 'pepper' fragrances, and its expertly combined with a superb effervescent clove note, with hints of lemon and sweet apples and a pungent cedar-birch combo which gives it depth. It manages to be light yet substantial.
    Last edited by zztopp; 7th March 2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: typos
    -

Default Re: Preview of new Creeds: Original Cologne, White Flowers, Jadin D'Amalfi

When do you think Original Cologne will be released? I just bought 4 oz bottles of MI and VIW yesterday . I've seriously spent over 1.5K USD on fragrances within the last month... Fuck I'm going HAM.

Default Re: Preview of new Creeds: Original Cologne, White Flowers, Jadin D'Amalfi

Thanks for the review, any projected release dates? I'm very interested in getting my nose on Original Cologne.
    Reviews geared for the younger crowd: www.thecolognereview.com

Currently hosting bottle splits of Bond No. 9 Bleecker St, and Creed Selection Verte ///PM details

Default Re: Preview of new Creeds: Original Cologne, White Flowers, Jardin D'Amalfi

Exciting news for sure.....Thanks for the info.....Gary

Default Re: Preview of new Creeds: Original Cologne, White Flowers, Jardin D'Amalfi

Totally forgot about Jardin d'Amalfi...will update later.
    -

Thanks for the heads-up. I wonder what kind of juice strength we can expect from the Original Cologne? I hope it is along the lines of newer "cologne absolutes" and not weak 3-5% stuff that lasts about 45 minutes.

Martin

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I thought Windsor's already a superb English-styled cologne. Original Cologne sounds promising but I doubt if I'd be holding my breath in anticipation...

Btw what happened to the preview of 'Jardin d'Amalfi'?

Thank you for your takes on these - how did you get access to them, if one may ask?

The only one I am familiar with, for obvious reasons, is Spice and Wood. I disagree with your presentation - bad it is not, but it really smells to me like a jocularly overpriced, skeletal version of Tabarome Millesime, which is a superior Creed, in my view. Spice and Wood seems to me like a "base" - a perfume broth, if you will - not unpleasant, but, given the price, outrageously unrounded and sophomoric, from the perfumer's art's point of view.

As for the others, one can only hope that the recent trend of CREED to raise the prices in direct proportion with lowering the concentration and quality of the juices themselves shall not be noticed, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I got a sneak peek at the upcoming Creed lineup and here are my fast impressions (don't have the notes for any of them) :

Original Cologne: Starts off with a quality ...
    White Flowers: understated like the other Royal Exclusives. Immediately detected lots of high quality ...

An extra bonus:

Spice and Wood (mucho sprayo): One of my favorite spicy-woody fragrances from the last couple of years. The pepper note is an order of magnitude higher quality than most other ...
    SORRY, BUT are you a sales agent?!?! By what do you know what the upcoming Creed odds are, and how these smelly things smell like? C'mon IF you are a sales person, identify as that.

Another creed thread... Sorry guys, but creed has yet to show me they're not a cheap house masked behind ridiculous price tags

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Another creed thread... Sorry guys, but creed has yet to show me they're not a cheap house masked behind ridiculous price tags
    I can see your point but, to be fair, CREED has made (or likely took credit for) at least a couple of memorable masculines, including one of my all-time favorites (reportedly created by Pierre Bourdon but signed Olivier Creed... now there's an Olivier Twist for y'all!).

On the other hand, their feminine perfumes, compared to the prices they ask for, are beyond parody.

Fleurissimo - old, slightly degraded batch of Joy by Jean Patou with Essence Of Mop masterfully blended in. Probably by hand.

Love in White - white nightmare, a penury of love. An early, diformed draft, thankfully aborted, of La Chase aux Papillons (which is a masterpiece).

Jasmal: acceptable Jasmine absolute is being irreparably drown in heavy, common musk.

Spring Flowers - quite a bit more pleasant, a valiant roomspray. Pushes away onion odors and kills the mosquitoes. CREED meets modernity, or the grateful customer gets the benefits of Febreeze and Raid in one convenient, portable $350 bottle.

I make an exception for Fleur de The Rose Bulgare - not so much as a wearable essence, as a nice aroma-therapeutic concoction. It even has a bit of natural essential oil in it. If improved, it could be sold in the luxury line of AuraCacia - $8.99 for a small bottle.

I expect with some amusement to see what CREED will charge for Jardin d'Amalfi. $600? $1000? $1,500? The sky is the limit. I am sure it will absolutely be worth every penny. . . well, at least I hope so, against reason.

My jas dropped at Erwin Creed's answer to: "Do you make mistakes?"

"Chanel no. 5 was a mistake. A good mistake."

... This is from the ongoing series: Justin Bieber comments on Beethoven.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Thank you for your takes on these - how did you get access to them, if one may ask?

The only one I am familiar with, for obvious reasons, is Spice and Wood. I disagree with your presentation - bad it is not, but it really smells to me like a jocularly overpriced, skeletal version of Tabarome Millesime, which is a superior Creed, in my view. Spice and Wood seems to me like a "base" - a perfume broth, if you will - not unpleasant, but, given the price, outrageously unrounded and sophomoric, from the perfumer's art's point of view.

As for the others, one can only hope that the recent trend of CREED to raise the prices in direct proportion with lowering the concentration and quality of the juices themselves shall not be noticed, yet again.
    We are in total disagreement here. Tabarome Millesime and Spice and Wood smell nothing alike. Tabarome Millesime features a citrus-ginger mix punctuated by a fresh but dense tobacco note. Spice and Woods "spices" are clearly clove and aromatic peppers...I smell these distinctly, to you ginger and pepper/clove may be the same. Spice and Wood is stark and solitary, but thats what I like about it...the fruit/citrus is diminished, but the spices and cedar/birch are prominent. If you are looking for a voluptuous and bombastic mega-fragrance of the 1970s or 1980s it might be not your thing. I happen to like it.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    SORRY, BUT are you a sales agent?!?! By what do you know what the upcoming Creed odds are, and how these smelly things smell like? C'mon IF you are a sales person, identify as that.
    They are coming soon, I got to smell some samples.
    And if you have nothing valuable to contribute, get the hell out of my thread. Please. I mean seriously why comment unnecessarily.

Mods please take a look.
    -

I can see your point but, to be fair, CREED has made (or likely took credit for) at least a couple of memorable masculines, including one of my all-time favorites (reportedly created by Pierre Bourdon but signed Olivier Creed... now there's an Olivier Twist for y'all!).

On the other hand, their feminine perfumes, compared to the prices they ask for, are beyond parody.

Fleurissimo - old, slightly degraded batch of Joy by Jean Patou with Essence Of Mop masterfully blended in. Probably by hand.

Love in White - white nightmare, a penury of love. An early, diformed draft, thankfully aborted, of La Chase aux Papillons (which is a masterpiece).

Jasmal: acceptable Jasmine absolute is being irreparably drown in heavy, common musk.

Spring Flowers - quite a bit more pleasant, a valiant roomspray. Pushes away onion odors and kills the mosquitoes. CREED meets modernity, or the grateful customer gets the benefits of Febreeze and Raid in one convenient, portable $350 bottle.

I make an exception for Fleur de The Rose Bulgare - not so much as a wearable essence, as a nice aroma-therapeutic concoction. It even has a bit of natural essential oil in it. If improved, it could be sold in the luxury line of AuraCacia - $8.99 for a small bottle.

I expect with some amusement to see what CREED will charge for Jardin d'Amalfi. $600? $1000? $1,500? The sky is the limit. I am sure it will absolutely be worth every penny. . . well, at least I hope so, against reason.

My jas dropped at Erwin Creed's answer to: "Do you make mistakes?"

"Chanel no. 5 was a mistake. A good mistake."

... This is from the ongoing series: Justin Bieber comments on Beethoven.

Totally off topic.

Again.

Post reported.

Mods please take a look.
    -

Its just like how I was able to get exclusive access to the entire Jo Malone collection which I actually have been able to try since early February but didn't post my impressions until 2 weeks ago. But ofcourse you don't care about Jo Malone and totally ignored that thread (for obvious reasons)..
    -

Sorry, zztop, finding some delicate difference between two fragrances doesn't mean that they are more different than they are similar.

I didn't claim Tabarome Millesime and Spice and Wood were identical, but they are similar to many people who sniffed them side by side. It is rather ironic that the more expensive one is the so much inferior one. A generic combination of a few essential oils which is no special in any way.

Also, I would humbly suggest that no thread is "your" or "my" thread - yes, people sometimes digress... however, as long as things are kept polite between participants, as long as the digression is not absurd, asking for different opinions to be censored is not the most convincing thing in the world to do.

Basenotes isn't the place for which advertising yet unlaunched fragrances, with no doubt and only positive spin allowed, would be the raison d'ętre.

Sorry, zztop, finding some delicate difference between two fragrances doesn't mean that they are more different than they are similar.

I didn't claim Tabarome Millesime and Spice and Wood were identical, but they are similar to many people who sniffed them side by side. It is rather ironic that the more expensive one is the so much inferior one. A generic combination of a few essential oils which is no special in any way.

Also, I would humbly suggest that no thread is "your" or "my" thread - yes, people sometimes digress... however, as long as things are kept polite between participants, as long as the digression is not absurd, asking for different opinions to be censored is not the most convincing thing in the world to do.

Basenotes isn't the place for which advertising yet unlaunched fragrances, with no doubt and only positive spin allowed, would be the raison d'ętre.
    You are free to critique any fragrance you want - I don't really care, only "positives" are boring. Our Tabarome Millesime vs Spice & Wood is a valid discussion and on-topic.

But in every single thread you also digress a lot, and attempt to slowly bring up the "Creed history" topic. Your entire review of the Creed feminine line (that I have reported) looks to me that its there to incite further off-topic discussion. Is there really a need for this? Or did you just want to show off?

Have you heard of the word "troll"? I suggest you look it up. You have been trolling...a lot. Too much digression. Not good.
    -

Its just like how I was able to get exclusive access to the entire Jo Malone collection which I actually have been able to try since early February but didn't post my impressions until 2 weeks ago. But ofcourse you don't care about Jo Malone and totally ignored that thread (for obvious reasons)..
    You don't have to share how you got early access to future Creed fragrances and I will do you the courtesy of not guessing.

On the other hand, attributing "obvious reasons" to others, claiming to read the minds of others is a rather unlucky gambit the quality of which speaks for itself.

I am not bothered. My assertions speak for themselves, too. Those who see obvious reasons in them are free to think what they will.

Once again, Zztop, one person's "troll" is another person's eye-opener.

I could have expressed doubt about the veracity and objectivity of the opinions of somebody who had access to Creed products before they were even launched, but I chose not to.

I believe you described these new CREED treasures to the very best of your abilities.

What is on-topic discussion here? People saying: "thank you for praising CREED to the skies"?

Trolling comes in many forms, shapes, and ways.

I don't believe either you or I have been engaged in it.

Do you happen to know, speaking of "on-topic," how much Erwin Creed plans to charge customers for his doubtlessly unprecedented White Flowers and Jardin d'Amalfi concoctions?

Once again, Zztop, one person's "troll" is another person's eye-opener.

I could have expressed doubt about the veracity and objectivity of the opinions of somebody who had access to Creed products before they were even launched, but I chose not to.

I believe you described these new CREED treasures to the very best of your abilities.

What is on-topic discussion here? People saying: "thank you for praising CREED to the skies"?

Trolling comes in many forms, shapes, and ways.

I don't believe either you or I have been engaged in it.

Do you happen to know, speaking of "on-topic," how much Erwin Creed plans to charge customers for his doubtlessly unprecedented White Flowers and Jardin d'Amalfi concoctions?
    On topic here is discussing similarities to other fragrances, and further discussion on it.

What is not on topic is unwarranted vitriol, needless bashing, and repetition of comments that you have already made in other threads mere hours or days ago.

Why don't you make a thread of the Creed feminine reviews? Go ahead, do that. That will invite further discussion on it. I will comment on it. Looks to me like a good topic. But there is no need to do it here.

No, these are not my reviews of the upcoming Creeds; there are my impressions captured for the little time I got to try them. I try a fragrance multiple times in different conditions before I post a review on Basenotes or elsewhere. I have not ascribed them a rating. I don't even know the notes or the prices.

I can get early access previews to Jo Malone, Creed, Frederic Malle, Fresh and Korres. I was fortunate to get early access to these Creeds and decided to share them with fellow Basenoters...instead I get people like you and WildThingy (who have no interest in the house's offering) bringing their mind-numbing and disruptive talk to the party.

Do you read other fragrance blogs? Many of the well connected perfumistas get early access and share their early impressions weeks/months before the actual launch. This is not different.
    -

Um, again, you are mentioning completely subjective notions here - criticism may seem unwarranted to the well-connected (insofar it contradicts the well-connected), yet useful to the less-well-connected. Sorry you find my interventions disruptive. Your experience is consubstantial to being part of an opinionated community, in which one cannot dictate one's own criteria to others. I actually thanked you for your first impressions, unsurprising as they may have been ( a cologne, even a zillion dollars one, starting with lemon and lime? I was shocked ! ) , and did not doubt their honesty. Discussing other Creed offerings in the feminine realm in a thread talking about two feminine Creed fragrances may seem mind-numbing to some, but not to all readers.

Please feel free to report this "disruptive" post to moderators as well. Thank you.

Looking forward to trying these new releases.

Basenotes Institution

The one that jumps out at me is Original Cologne, but I am sort of surprised that this is the actual name of the fragrance? It sounds sort of silly and generic to me...perhaps I'm used to the dramaticism and flourish that most Creed fragrance name utilize. In any event, does OC smell particularly original to you, compared to other eaux type colognes zztopp? Your description of it sounds sort of ho-hum.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The one that jumps out at me is Original Cologne, but I am sort of surprised that this is the actual name of the fragrance? It sounds sort of silly and generic to me...perhaps I'm used to the dramaticism and flourish that most Creed fragrance name utilize. In any event, does OC smell particularly original to you, compared to other eaux type colognes zztopp? Your description of it sounds sort of ho-hum.
    My thoughts exactly! Ho-hum, indeed!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I never understood why creed has "Original" in quite a few names of theirs? why?

Is it due to their middle eastern market? Where original is often mis-translated as "Authentic"?

O well, the cologne sounds average. The other two don't interest me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    There have been so many quality 'colognes' that the genre would require a massive dose of uber innovation to be unique..however that would then violate the simple cologne template which relies on a few key ingredients. In Original Cologne I detect no unusual ingredient such as say the almond note in Dior Cologne Blanche.
    -

I'm not entirely sure about the idea behind the Royal Exclusive line, but after trying both Sublime Vanille and Spice & Woods. I'm getting the sense that Creed's trying to do more easy-to-wear fragrances based on themes or notes that are generally quite heavy or strong in perfumery. It fits well with the brand, but I think they'll be more of a commercial hit than enjoyed by perfume enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I'm getting the sense that Creed's trying to do more easy-to-wear fragrances based on themes or notes that are generally quite heavy or strong in perfumery.
    Yes I agree.

I usually stay away from heavy handed vanillas (Shalimar parfum being the lone exception) or 'Screamin loud yo its the 70s eh' loud-mouthed woody fragrances, but the easy, nicely melded citrus-vanilla of Sublime Vanille or the low-key pungent woods and flames of Spice & Wood work very well for me. I really don't care what some stodgy ol' academic at a perfume school thinks about them...these work for my pleasure.
    -

Basenotes Institution

There have been so many quality 'colognes' that the genre would require a massive dose of uber innovation to be unique..however that would then violate the simple cologne template which relies on a few key ingredients. In Original Cologne I detect no unusual ingredient such as say the almond note in Dior Cologne Blanche.
    Thanks. Nonetheless, I look forward to dousing my arm in this, when I encounter it at a Creed counter in the future.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

One of the best classic colognes (best as in ingredient quality, not in any innovative aspects, but I could live with that) used to be Creed's Citrus Bigarrade.

Unfortunately, it appears to be discontinued. (Perhaps E. U. allergen criteria OR attempting to "update" that niche with the Original Cologne, I have no way of knowing.) I did recently grab one flacon (at full price, I might add, I am not that well-connected to get my stuff for free), and I was disappointed to notice that it was a really old issue, with the natural citrus oils aged in an unpleasant way, strident rosemary oil overpowering the neroli in a cheap way. Now I am compelled to use it as room freshener (seriously and literally), and in all honesty it's not that bad that way. My guests seem to be pleased when they come in.

However, a close-to-$300 room freshener, no matter how good... "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark," as Hamlet used to say.

I understand why Citrus Bigarrade can be more "fragile" than other colognes - in fact it does contain more natural oils than the average cologne... well, it's not like Olivier and Erwin picked the oranges and the lemons and squeezed them by hand, one by one, as some hagiographic literature might deign to suggest, but it is (it was) a good product, better than many anyway. However, given the price, absorbing the minor losses brought by the recall of subpar/expired products should be a matter of course.

Part of what makes CREED so distasteful to previously faithful, presently disgruntled customers, who actually paid thousands of dollars for their Creed fragrances, is that when a CREED product is subpar - either due to "improper aging" or to a bad batch or. . . - they still don't hesitate to sell it full price, expecting the savvy customer to say "thank you" and to pretend that there's nothing wrong.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads-up, zztopp. Looking forward to trying these.

They are coming soon, I got to smell some samples.
    And if you have nothing valuable to contribute, get the hell out of my thread. Please. I mean seriously why comment unnecessarily.

Mods please take a look.
    Yeah, I agree. Your thread is about some preliminary "samples" You may have gotten, as you are so close to the infamous Creed dynasty. You comment on these in terms that couldn't be worse than any advertising blah.

Citation:

I got a sneak peek at the upcoming Creed lineup ...:

White Flowers: understated like the other Royal Exclusives. Immediately detected lots of high quality ...

An extra bonus:

Spice and Wood (mucho sprayo): One of my favorite spicy-woody fragrances from the last couple of years. The pepper note is an order of magnitude higher quality than most other ...

What you ZZTOP are doing here is advertising, viral marketing, whatever. I don't care if you are making money out of it. I really don't care about that plucky firm behind the products. All that fuzz about those "master perfumers" of own right really sucks.

I would like the mods have an eye on Your severe missuse of this board. Occurences as such take the humor out of this.

Yeah, I agree. Your thread is about some preliminary "samples" You may have gotten, as you are so close to the infamous Creed dynasty. You comment on these in terms that couldn't be worse than any advertising blah.

Citation:

An extra bonus:

What you ZZTOP are doing here is advertising, viral marketing, whatever. I don't care if you are making money out of it. I really don't care about that plucky firm behind the products. All that fuzz about those "master perfumers" of own right really sucks.

I would like the mods have an eye on Your severe missuse of this board. Occurences as such take the humor out of this.
    Marketing? LoL, don't be jealous man, you will get to sample them soon enough. These are my early impressions.

You are a newbie here, I suggest you keep your calm.
    -

Citation:

An extra bonus:

WildThingy, I've had a lot of time and experience here and I really don't think you're right about DoubleZed. I want readers of this thread to know that I'm deeply--deeply--convinced that what you're saying about Zztopp isn't true.

I think many members would make a post here about advance releases from any number of manufacturers if they were to get them.

Again though, as to Zztopp's interest, I'll tell you, in my time as a moderator here I banned several members who were ideologically devoted to certain houses and I turned away members who tried to use the forum for promotional purposes. Zztopp isn't one of those and doesn't post here for those reasons.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    WildThingy, ...
    Again though, as to Zztopp's interest, I'll tell you, in my time as a moderator here I banned several members who were ideologically devoted to certain houses and I turned away members who tried to use the forum for promotional purposes. Zztopp isn't one of those and doesn't post here for those reasons.
    Sorry for talking back, but why then does it read so as if it was advertising? I have to admit, that my personal impression regarding the style of the house of Creed is - mhh, no offenses please - some alloy of Dagobert Duck (Uncle $rcooge) and all that royalities he meets in the stories (Walt Disney, the Banks files). I won't tell why this seems to be a pain to me. Nevertheless this is my motivation to question the kind of preliminary praisal of literally every new Creed thing.

Thank You

Sorry for talking back, but why then does it read so as if it was advertising? I have to admit, that my personal impression regarding the style of the house of Creed is - mhh, no offenses please - some alloy of Dagobert Duck (Uncle $rcooge) and all that royalities he meets in the stories (Walt Disney, the Banks files). I won't tell why this seems to be a pain to me. Nevertheless this is my motivation to question the kind of preliminary praisal of literally every new Creed thing.

Thank You
    WildThingy, I sincerely think we agree on many things and have the same frustrations about them. I could be specific and would be honored to do so and validate you completely in some PM messages. Believe me, I groan at a lot of some hype that rather naturally--I think--occurs here, but in the case of Zz, I have to tell you and tell all readers, that he's a stand up and good guy who would not abuse the board and/or abuse the trust of its readers.

I don't always agree with anyone's opinions (of course) and I don't always agree with the way their instinct makes them write their post copy, but Zz wouldn't deceive the board or its people to further a company's interest. I've dealt with plenty of members who have and did.

A sincere and heart felt thanks to you as well, Wild Thingy.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgonigal View Post
    Thanks for the review, any projected release dates? I'm very interested in getting my nose on Original Cologne.
    Same it sounds interesting it might be a real good one.

Yes I agree.

I usually stay away from heavy handed vanillas (Shalimar parfum being the lone exception) or 'Screamin loud yo its the 70s eh' loud-mouthed woody fragrances, but the easy, nicely melded citrus-vanilla of Sublime Vanille or the low-key pungent woods and flames of Spice & Wood work very well for me. I really don't care what some stodgy ol' academic at a perfume school thinks about them...these work for my pleasure.
    I want a heavy wood scent like a cross between vintage tabarome and bois du portugal. I like my woodsy scents strong!!!!!! lol

Banned

ZZ is just a Grade-A CREED FANATIC and part of the Creed Defense Force. Thank you for posting your initial thoughts.

If this were for any other house there wouldn't even be an issue -_- Let the man talk about his samples geez lol
    I'm not your toy.

In talking with Luis today from NYC Creed Boutique he mentioned that the Original Cologne is a "cologne" in construction but of EDP strength. If so, my interest level in this fragrance spikes. Looking forward to trying this one now. Also heard Erwin Creed is working on a new millesime fragrance to be released later in the year.

Martin

Thank you Mr. ZZtopp. I am very interested in Original Cologne. Thanks for the advance reviews! Fine work, as usual.

My question: your description of Jardin D'Amalfi makes it sound fairly similar to Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse. I'm sure you're familiar with ZMP. Any initial thoughts - compare and contrast?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Also heard Erwin Creed is working on a new millesime fragrance to be released later in the year.

Martin
    Yes, I got that info from Luis and Rodney too! Erwin is working on a "Mystery Men's" fragrance. There is no info on it yet, but they said that the Creed bigwigs are showing more excitement about it than anything they can remember. It is speculated to arrive in summer, as that was when Aventus was released last year.
    Last edited by MikeNY; 9th March 2011 at 02:02 PM.

I predict it will have a great opening , dry down to the base within the hour gone within 2 hours and it would have originally been made for Laika the space dog in 1954

Quote Originally Posted by teger View Post
    ZZ is just a Grade-A CREED FANATIC and part of the Creed Defense Force. Thank you for posting your initial thoughts.

The CREED DEFENSE FORCE! Oh baby, I am in! We're like super heroes! The CDF! Awesome.

It's also illegal to discriminate based upon Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Thank you Mr. ZZtopp. I am very interested in Original Cologne. Thanks for the advance reviews! Fine work, as usual.

My question: your description of Jardin D'Amalfi makes it sound fairly similar to Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse. I'm sure you're familiar with ZMP. Any initial thoughts - compare and contrast?
    I didn't smell any similarities between the two. ZMP (depending on the age of the juice or batch) has a fairly tart grapefruit and then a light floral base, OR a juicy-tart grapefruit and then a soft white floral heart followed by little or no basenotes...its a simple composition. Jardin d'Amalfi had a clear lemony-cedrat (somewhat spicy?) opening and then a melange of very light fruits and/or sweet florals, maybe even some patchouli.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    Yes, I got that info from Luis and Rodney too! Erwin is working on a "Mystery Men's" fragrance. There is no info on it yet, but they said that the Creed bigwigs are showing more excitement about it than anything they can remember.
    Oh, did the Creed salesmen say that?

Then it must be true.

Oh, did the Creed salesmen say that?

Then it must be true.
    Who pissed in your Patou? This is a thread about upcoming fragrances, can we just be allowed to talk about upcoming fragrances without the constant jabs to us and to Creed?

LOL. You are welcome to talk about anything you want. Nevertheless you cannot silence others from expressing their doubts about sale-pitches emanating from perfume-peddlers hired by the House of Spin.

Who pissed in your Patou?

Given the inextricable elegance of the above rejoinder, one has to wonder whether the new Creeds will also come in mouthwash form - $350 for 50ml.

LOL. You are welcome to talk about anything you want. Nevertheless you cannot silence others from expressing their doubts about sale-pitches emanating from perfume-peddlers hired by the House of Spin.

Who pissed in your Patou?

Given the inextricable elegance of the above rejoinder, one has to wonder whether the new Creeds will also come in mouthwash form - $350 for 50ml.
    Dude, seriously whats your problem ?
    -

We are discussing a brand who has unsolved credibility problems. So somebody quotes one or two sales agents talking about how "excited" their bosses are about the latest fragrance they hope to sell. I simply express doubts about it and I get off-color replies, involving body fluids and such. It seems that the Creed Defense Force may want to explore whatever problems they may have. By the way, I love your delightfully colloquial use of "dude" on somebody you haven't been introduced to. Very classy.

We are discussing a brand who has unsolved credibility problems. So somebody quotes one or two sales agents talking about how "excited" their bosses are about the latest fragrance they hope to sell. I simply express doubts about it and I get off-color replies, involving body fluids and such. It seems that the Creed Defense Force may want to explore whatever problems they may have. By the way, I love your delightfully colloquial use of "dude" on somebody you haven't been introduced to. Very classy.
    No YOU have serious problems!

You keep bringing up the same point over and over and over and over. You have the "Open letter to Creed" thread to shout your concerns. Why keep bringing up the same point over again and derailing threads when we have some conversation going on?

The BN'er just relayed what the SA told him on a recent visit. Can he just not relay that bit of information? FFS, there are 10 other threads on other companies where BN'ers share information from SAs and otherwise yet you keep targeting Creed. You are stuck to Creed like a bad rash and keep derailing threads like a miffed stalker.
    -

The BN'er just relayed what the SA told him on a recent visit. Can he just not relay that bit of information?

Yes, he can, and yes, I can express skepticism.

Otherwise, sorry, I don't have time or appetite for insulting fellow Basenoters. When you have something to say and communicate in a decent form, please feel free to do it. Just don't expect to shut up other people. It will not happen. Have a nice day.

The BN'er just relayed what the SA told him on a recent visit. Can he just not relay that bit of information?

Yes, he can, and yes, I can express skepticism.

Otherwise, sorry, I don't have time or appetite for insulting fellow Basenoters. When you have something to say and communicate in a decent form, please feel free to do it. Just don't expect to shut up other people. It will not happen. Have a nice day.
    you have shown no respect to the community by hijacking several Creed threads and trolling over and over.

Oh the irony....
    -

In translation:

"hijacking threads" = not allowing blatant forms of spin go unchallenged

"trolling" = politely dismantling misinformation and choosing not to respond in kind to personal insults.

I can live with that. My conscience is clear.

Have a nice day.

In translation:

"hijacking threads" = not allowing blatant forms of spin go unchallenged

"trolling" = politely dismantling misinformation and choosing not to respond in kind to personal insults.

I can live with that. My conscience is clear.

Have a nice day.
    No, this is my translation (and I have called you out on this many times before) and what you have been guilty of:

"hijacking threads" = bringing unrelated points of off-topic discussion into threads to derail conversation for personal gain or personal topic of interest

"trolling" = bringing unrelated points of off-topic discussion into threads to derail conversation in multiple threads focusing on a particular entity, and for the most part existing on a discussion board for the sole purpose of (verified via posting history)

And these are the definitions that most of the web and internet world goes by, I don't know what these terms stand for in your neck-of-the-woods.
    -

No YOU have serious problems!

You keep bringing up the same point over and over and over and over. You have the "Open letter to Creed" thread to shout your concerns. Why keep bringing up the same point over again and derailing threads when we have some conversation going on?

The BN'er just relayed what the SA told him on a recent visit. Can he just not relay that bit of information? FFS, there are 10 other threads on other companies where BN'ers share information from SAs and otherwise yet you keep targeting Creed. You are stuck to Creed like a bad rash and keep derailing threads like a miffed stalker.
    You are on the money, could not have said it better. But, don't get too rankled. I think some people just get miffed when they can't fathom others appreciation for things they don't like. Life's awful short for venom spews.

Just because it's a forum on the internet and you don't have to talk to the person face to face doesn't give you the right to be so sarcastic and rude. I highly doubt that's how you talk to people in the real world. It's a fragrance community, you don't have to be a jerk to be cool.
    I'm not your toy.

Sorry, Zztop, I believe your "translation" has so much "freedom" to it as to be useless. "Traduttore, traditore," as they say in Italy.

Please continue to do what you feel like doing and rest assured I will continue to do the same.

As long as we operate within the rules of the forum and don't make it personal, it may be informative for the visitors and they may get a chance to make up their own minds not about you or about me, but about the perfume house under the discussion. Thank you and have a nice day.