Code of Conduct

Default sorry, i cant help it..but B*Men>A*Men

am i the only one that thinks this??

i HATED B*Men the first time i tried it, because i was a complete noob and knew nothing about dry downs or anything like that and the openning i thought was overly spicey and old manish and gross, but after like 5 minutes this fragrance is just glorious in my opinion

Default Re: sorry, i cant help it..but B*Men>A*Men

I had the same experience as you, it seems. A*Men has great "shock value," but I don't find it wearable (in that I don't want to smell it for hours).

Pure Malt> B-Men> A-Men
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Pure Malt> B-Men> A-Men
    +1 to this
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

Pure Havane > Everything else by Thierry Mugler
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Blog Entries

I was desperate to get Pure Malt then I smelled it on about two other guys out and about, sold mine soon after, not impressed when I smelled it on others in public.
    A#Men is worn by TOO many people.
    I'm happy with B#Men, nice and warm.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Pure Malt> B-Men> A-Men
    +2.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

bmen is really a character on its own and a very interesting one. hard to put it against amen since they're so different. bmen has this smoky sequoia wood scent that hits in the middle which is my favorite part, but sometimes the dried fruit smell can be a bit much after a while. nonetheless, a very well done "different" fragrance, but bmen vs amen is really apples and oranges.

The way I think of them, A*Men is for the younger guy looking to make a "statement," whereas B*Men is for the aficionado, which would explain how popular (or not) they are, respectively. The thing about B*Men is that the far drydown is skimpy, at best, relative to the "80s power frags," which is why I don't reach for it often.

I don't really think it has something to do with being noob, just a matter of taste, but I also prefer/own B*Men rather than A*men.
    I still can't believe such a good fragrance was discontinued when such a lot of crap is still "proudly" produced.
    Last edited by Scentational; 6th March 2011 at 06:45 AM.
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

Sur la Plage

A*Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B*Men
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I find lots of people actually hate B*men, round my way no one wears ANY Thierry Mugler products and I am really spoiled because I can wear anyone of them without thinking anyone in my town wears them. I enjoy almost every single release for men including the two that people hate (B*men & Ice*Men) , the only one I have not enjoyed was the Sunessence .
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

fountain

b*men is far better than a*men, imo. i find the latter impossibly camp.
    Last edited by fountain; 6th March 2011 at 11:42 AM.

A*men is more special, I found B*men average at best.

Edit: Of course fragrance taste is personal and if you think B*Men is better, there's nothing wrong with that. Enjoy it!
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 6th March 2011 at 02:47 PM.

You are not alone, since at first I was biased against BMen myself, since the slightly acidic rhubarb topnotes turned me off, yet the drydown was amazing, ages more tolerable, complex and smooth in comparison to AMen (at least to my nose)

Sorry but i cant disagree more.

Angel > ALL

i mean i like both of them, and maybe its a phase, but drydown of B*Men is just the boooomb. Masculine as hell, sweet but still spicy.

The top of B*Men SUUUUUUUCKS. The top makes me ask why the hell anyone would wear this, and when i was a noob and didnt know about drydowns and thought it would be better to put on fragrance RIGHT before i leave the door to enter a friends car, i got into the car and my friend said i smelled like bug spray. at the top, yeah this thing sucks but it has the most underrated drydown EVER

and also, if you go occasion by occasion, B*Men is more versatile

Pure Malt> B-Men> A-Men
    that┤s correct
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

Johnny, you are clearly not alone. Add me to the B*Men>A*Men group. I was tempted by Pure Malt, but I realised all the fun, the enjoyment was the fruity boozy smells at the start. Its drydown is a lower intensity A*Men, so I passed.

The comment from those that have tried Pure Havane have said it is more for fans of B*Men, should be good.

I liked both from the minute I tried both.

A*Men... obnoxious, head ache inducing, bombastic...

B*Men... 'interesting' but to me completely unwearable...

Pure Malt... A*Men that's drunk...

Pure Coffee and Pure Havane the only ones I'd wear from the *Men line... both I kind of really like quite a bit.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Blog Entries

A*Men for me! Obnoxious, sweet, delicious, potent, and just overall a powerful statement...that's my kind of fragrance!

Pure Malt is my special occasion A*Men

I still need to try B*Men.

Mugler Cologne is great in it's own way. I love that stuff!
    Ice*Men...it's got it's last chance with me once the weather heats up. it's not sweet enough IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    A*Men for me! Obnoxious, sweet, delicious, potent, and just overall a powerful statement...that's my kind of fragrance!

Pure Malt is my special occasion A*Men

I still need to try B*Men.

Mugler Cologne is great in it's own way. I love that stuff!
    Ice*Men...it's got it's last chance with me once the weather heats up. it's not sweet enough IMO
    dude make sure when you try it, you apply lightly(preferrably just one spray under the shirt for the first time) and give it TIME. I HATED this stuff off the top, but its realllly awesome after a while. Out of the *Men line, its the most mature , and at first it smells old manish, but just give it time my friend. you can get it for like 15-20 bucks nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A*Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B*Men
    Agreed. A*Men > all the other flankers of A*Men.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    Agreed. A*Men > all the other flankers of A*Men.
    I look at it this way too. I like the powder and tar mix of A*Men and love its tenacity. It never bores me so it's engaging and fun to wear. Always makes me smile when I think I'm wearing it.

I don't get the pleasure of B*Men or the other flankers.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

To me I see A*Men as the going out and getting attention fragrance. B*Men is just a nice well made fragrance for a slightly more mature individual. You're not going to get attention, females, etc with it. However it smells good and like I said, well made. I'll wear A*Men or one of it's flankers if I'm going out at night. I'll wear B*Men to church or to the office.
    Reviews geared for the younger crowd: www.thecolognereview.com

Currently hosting bottle splits of Bond No. 9 Bleecker St, and Creed Selection Verte ///PM details

B*Men is excellent. I loved it from the first time I tried it. I've been watching YT reviews on it lately, people saying it's super spicy, I guess I have a different interpretation of spicy, since I find B*Men to be a gourmand. I get the A*Men construction, the patchouli, the tar.. only the tar is a little more rubbery here. Instead of all the gourmand notes, I get a lot of rhubarb, some exotic fruits - notably coconut, and a sweet gourmand coffee note. It is spicy, true, but I wouldn't classify it as a spicy frag. To me, spicy is - Cuba Red, or Burberry The Beat, or even D&G pH.

Glad I saw this thread! My B*Men will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see what it smells like.

I love A*Men and as yet, not tried B*Men, but have it lined up for a blind buy on pay day on the back of how much I like A*Men, and the reviews and descriptions of it on BN.
    LOST! in scent and music

For those who like B*Men but want tobacco instead of the spice, try Tobaco Latino.

I really wanted to like B*Men. I can appreciate it and I don't hate it, but it comes off as overly spicy on my skin to the point that I can detect a mild BO note/accord (this being sprayed on freshly showered skin). Because of this, it's completely unwearable for me.

I think the mid notes of B men are the best. I very much enjoy the frag until it dries down. I think it dries down into something that reminds me of an 80's frag. I can't wear it at that point.

I bought B*Men blind (in a metal flask) and really didn't like it. But it's growing on me.

I think I'd rate like: Pure Malt > A*Men > B*Men > Pure Coffee. Haven't tried PH yet as I can't get hold of it.

B*Men is moving up the list, Pure Coffee is moving down. If the coffee note was fresh instead of weeks old and stale, It'd be a much different story.

Not a fan of B*Men myself. In fact, it's my least favorite of the lot.

Pure Malt > Pure Coffee > Pure Havane > Ice*Men > A*Men > Sunessence > B*Men.

B*Men = (A*Men -revolting nauseating sweetness).

No contest. I'd have B*Men any day. I also like Ice Men better than A*Men.

Got my B*MEN today. I like it. As others have said, and after smelling B*MEN, I must say, I also get hints of B*MEN in Pure Havane.

Seems this B*MEN is from Germany.....the number on the bottle and box is 505220.

Does anyone know what year that correlates with? Hoping it doesn't date back to 2005....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    The way I think of them, A*Men is for the younger guy looking to make a "statement," whereas B*Men is for the aficionado, which would explain how popular (or not) they are, respectively. The thing about B*Men is that the far drydown is skimpy, at best, relative to the "80s power frags," which is why I don't reach for it often.
    Nice observation about the drydown as usual Bigsley. I do like Bmen, it's a little spicy, a little syntheticy, but overall pleasurable and enjoyable to wear, but the drydown turns to the "thin, generic laundry detergent-type woods" smell after about 4 hours which is disappointing.

I also like B better than A. But Lolita Lempicka Au Musculin is better than Bmen and those 2 are more comparable than Amen vs Bmen.