Code of Conduct

Default Halston Man Amber!

Greetings Everyone!

I just rec'd Halston Man Amber today and it is GREAT! It took me awhile to get it, bc I was lost in the World of Niche. This is easily one of the best designer fragrances of 2010. Be sure to sample this one, if you don't already have it. Neimans has a special box set for $90.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D22078
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Halston Man Amber!

I second your statement. Wonderful stuff.

Too bad it's a Nieman's exclusive. More of us could sample it Nordies or Bloomies would carry it. Or even Macy's. It would probably be a big seller for Halston, too: good price, accessible smell, high quality.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yeah, the online retailers where I shop still don't carry it.
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I'm interested in it...

Would you describe it as a formal or casual scent?

I would say it is more of a formal scent. Longevity is good. This fragrance seems to stay close to the skin. Here is the description provided by Fragrantica.com

"Halston Man Amber is a modern oriental - woody fragrance, refined, luxurious and extremely seductive.

Top notes: geranium leaf, thyme and bergamot. Heart: pure amber, myrrh and labdanum. Base: oud, Atlas cedar and musk.

Presented in a golden reflective bottle, Man Amber is available as EDT of 75 and 125 ml."
    Last edited by Rosehavn; 7th March 2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I'm interested in it...

Would you describe it as a formal or casual scent?
    It smells like dry, modern amber to me...neither casual nor formal. I mean, it certainly isn't formal in the way something like Guerlain Hertiage is formal.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

what season would this be best for??? can it work on warmer weather?

To me this was the best to come out of 2010. Well worth a purchase from Neiman Marcus and did I mention a great come back for the Halston Heritage brand.

Why on earth is this a Neiman Marcus exclusive? I agree that they would sell a lot more bottles if it was more widely available. Who's the firm behind the Halston Man and Halston Man Amber offerings? I've only tried Halston Man, which I think is terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Why on earth is this a Neiman Marcus exclusive? I agree that they would sell a lot more bottles if it was more widely available. Who's the firm behind the Halston Man and Halston Man Amber offerings? I've only tried Halston Man, which I think is terrific.
    Elizabeth Arden is the distributing company. The new.owners of the Halston name are trying to undo years of damage to the name. Making it exclusive exclusive adds the pristage mystique of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Elizabeth Arden is the distributing company. The new.owners of the Halston name are trying to undo years of damage to the name. Making it exclusive exclusive adds the pristage mystique of the house.

From the fragrance box, Halston Man Amber is distributed by EA Fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Interesting that it's Elizabeth Arden, they have deep pockets. Yes, the Halston name has been relegated to the 10.99 bin at Marshalls for so long. What I meant was, why just Neiman Marcus? Why not Saks and Nordstrom? Those two stores are quite prestigious too.

This one has just gone on my "to buy" list. Thanks, everyone.

Bought it blind (Neiman's online), like it, but the strong "burnt" notes in it make it more of a casual than office or formal wear. Seriously, I get a big blast of something like burnt autumn leaves. It's an interesting effect, and not altogether unpleasant. Anyone else get this from Halston Man Amber?

PS: vintage 1-12 is still my all-time favorite from this line.

Quote Originally Posted by bullethead View Post
    what season would this be best for??? can it work on warmer weather?
    To me, it's definately a cold weather fragrance. I wore this in the dead of winter and it really felt warm and cozy, like a scarf. Great stuff, but not for summer IMHO. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Bought it blind (Neiman's online), like it, but the strong "burnt" notes in it make it more of a casual than office or formal wear. Seriously, I get a big blast of something like burnt autumn leaves. It's an interesting effect, and not altogether unpleasant. Anyone else get this from Halston Man Amber?

PS: vintage 1-12 is still my all-time favorite from this line.
    Yes, I do get that burnt note; that's one of the main reasons I like it. Someone in a previous Man Amber thread called it a "firecracker" note, and I have to agree. Can't think of a better way to describe it. Burning leaves? Maybe. Industrial burning leaves.

To the poster who asked about seasons: it's sweet, as ambers will be, but is it dry and wears lightly on me, making it surprisingly versatile in most weather. Probably most in its element on a dry fall day.

Sur la Plage

It is one of the best, if not the best, designer release of 2010.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

This, and Halston Man, have a very persistent synthetic note that ruins them for me. It's like a huge fly in the ointment, that I wish would recede into the background but it never does. And it makes both of these unwearable for me.
    "The plant that you have in your home - have you ever truly looked at it? Have you allowed that familiar yet mysterious being we call a plant to teach you its secrets? Have you noticed how deeply peaceful it is? How it is surrounded by a field of stillness? The moment you become aware of a plant's emanation of stillness and peace, that plant becomes your teacher."

-- Eckhart Tolle

For all the hype this received around here when it was released, I'm surprised to see that it has no reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    For all the hype this received around here when it was released, I'm surprised to see that it has no reviews.
    I don't think it was added to the Directory until VERY recently.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Lalique pour Homme EDP, Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Fahrenheit Absolute, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Fan di Fendi Assolu, Lalique Hommage Voyageur, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I don't think it was added to the Directory until VERY recently.
    Ahh, maybe so.