Code of Conduct

Default New Guerlain Fragrances for Spring 2011

My first post in the female discussion section.. so please don't attack. These sound more femme than masc so I am posting this here:

I got an email from the most incredible SA at Guerlain Boutique announcing what's coming for spring - some are new additions and some are old friends coming back for a visit.

Les Parsiennes - Cherry Blossom (1/15/11)
    Head notes: Green Tea, Bergamot
    Heart notes: Red Berries, Lilac, Jasmine
    Base note: Powdery notes

Le Petite Robe Noire - Model 2 (2/14/11)
    Head notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Galbanum
    Heart notes: Orange Blossom, Marshmellow, Iris
    Base notes: Leather, White Musk

Ultra limited edition Muguet (4/30/11)
    Available for one day only, on April 30 (because lily-of-the-valley flowers are
    traditionally given for good luck on May Day in France)
    Green Floral Hand Sealed Numbered Bottles

Aqua Allegoria - Jasminora
    Head notes: Bergamot, Cyclamen, Galbanum
    Heart notes: Jasmine, Freesia, Lily of the Valley
    Base notes: Musks, Amber

Elixir Charnel - Floral Romantique (5/1/11)
    No information yet, except it is a floral

Basenotes Institution

Thank you so much for this information ! welcome to Basenotes or at least the Female Fragrance Forum if you're not new here - I'm on Tapatalk .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: New Guerlain Fragrances for Spring 2011

Thanks for that update! With that fifth Elixir Charnel, one could guess it should be the completing one, since the collection then covers the main olfactory families - and because the number five seems to be the goal for all the exclusive house lines... well, except for L'Art et la Matière, anyway.

Basenotes Plus

Le Petite Robe Noire V2 sounds lovely! Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 20th January 2011 at 11:53 AM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Le Petite Robe Noire - Model 2 (2/14/11)

My birthday!!

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    Les Parsiennes - Cherry Blossom (1/15/11)
    The name sounds a bit cheap for a fragrance that is supposed to be joining one of Guerlain's most exclusive lines. That name sounds more suitable for the Acqua Allegoria line IMHO.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I'm also interested in the Robe Noir.

Is now a good time to tell you about our Women's Discussion Board Tradition where men with new release news buy us each a sample?
    My Top 10*:
    1. Bois des Iles (Chanel)
    2. Ubar (Amouage)
    3. Pandora (DSH)
    4. Miss Dior - vintage (Dior)
    5. Jolie Madame (Balmain)
    6. Jicky (Guerlain)
    7. Gold Woman (Amouage)
    8. Mata Hari (DSH)
    9. L'Air du Desert Moracain (Tauer)
    10. Medici - Italian Splendor: Florence (DSH)
    *in no particular order because it's too hard!

Guerlain already used the name for an Aqua Allegoria in 2009. I agree that the name doesn't sound as intriguing as, say, Plus Que Jamais Guerlain or Quand Vient l'Été, but actually, the original Japan-only Cherry Blossom EdT was much harder to get hold of than for instance Voile d'Été (the fragrance of Quand Vient l'Été). But maybe Guerlain should have considered a name change as they so often do for the Parisiennes. Why not "Printemps de Nihon"?

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
    The name sounds a bit cheap for a fragrance that is supposed to be joining one of Guerlain's most exclusive lines. That name sounds more suitable for the Acqua Allegoria line IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Why not "Printemps de Nihon"?
    Or Sakura's Smile?

Oh yes! Or even just "Sakura". Or "Sakura Sourit". "Sakura" is actually great. A bit like "Samsara", "Nahéma" and "Mahora". We should be working in the marketing dep of Guerlain!

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
    Or Sakura's Smile?

Welcome to the female fragrance board, djron91. We don't attack here....we're the loooooove board. ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks very much for sharing the news. Those look interesting.

Thanks for the warm welcome and love ladies...

re: Cherry Blossom - If the name is a reuse, it might just be a reissue, rerelease or realignment - I guess the way Chanel moved some classic fragrances in to their Les Exclusifs line. Speaking of which - I think I see a bottle of Coromandel in my future.

re: Plus Que Jamais - that is one that I am sad to have missed. I am hoping that when I hopefully go to the Paris boutique in October that I will be able to sample it there.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

My first post in the female discussion section.. so please don't attack.
    Attack! … with hugs. (That's our style.)
    Guerlain's Muguet is a reliable performer, but don't know how hopeful to get over the rest. Of the bunch, Le Petite Robe Noire looks to hold the most promise.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

The Parisiennes Cherry Blossom is actually just a reissue of the Japan release from 2000. And sadly, Plus Que Jamais is long time gone. Not a single sample or bottle is to be found in any boutique

Thanks for the warm welcome and love ladies...

re: Cherry Blossom - If the name is a reuse, it might just be a reissue, rerelease or realignment - I guess the way Chanel moved some classic fragrances in to their Les Exclusifs line. Speaking of which - I think I see a bottle of Coromandel in my future.

re: Plus Que Jamais - that is one that I am sad to have missed. I am hoping that when I hopefully go to the Paris boutique in October that I will be able to sample it there.

Quote Originally Posted by claresauntie View Post
    Is now a good time to tell you about our Women's Discussion Board Tradition where men with new release news buy us each a sample?
    You are a real devil, claresauntie!
    It looks like everything's coming up floral for Guerlain this spring. Does this signify a trend for the entire industry? Florals are certainly optimistic. I agree with the consensus so far that Petite Robe Noir 2 sounds the most interesting. Of course, that marshmellow note has me a bit worried that Guerlain still hasn't gotten over their, My Insolence, candy binge. Any word on the noses involved? Thanks for sharing this and welcome djron91!

I already knew about La Petit Robe Noire Model 2 since December, but i didn`t knew if i could say something, my font didn`t told me if it was a secret yet. From what my friend told me, it seems that it`s really a more floral fragrance than Robe Noire. I got surprised by Jasminora, which seems more like a classical Guerlain name than one for the Aqua Allegoria line. The notes sounds interesting too.
    Kevin, i think this will be the year of chypres, florals, woody and lavender fragrances...

Some additional news about this year's "Muguet" release. It will be in a 125ml EDP concentration, in the same flacon as the recent re-releases of VEGA and SOUS LE VENT, only "Muguet" will boast a hand-painted bottle. Sounds stunning!
    RRP: 400 euros.

Oh yes! Or even just "Sakura". Or "Sakura Sourit". "Sakura" is actually great. A bit like "Samsara", "Nahéma" and "Mahora". We should be working in the marketing dep of Guerlain!
    I agree here, Mr. G. The Cherry Blossom in the Allegoria line will confuse this. Are they reaching for the lucrative Japanese market with this release?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Oh, I'm in trouble.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claresauntie View Post
    LOL! Claresauntie, you're good!

Beautiful flacon there, Dimi - I could actually see that housing Sous le Vent quite easily too! I think more Guerlain fragrances should be released in those 125ml apothecary flacons like Sous le Vent & Vega - anyone else with me??

I agree Anthony! Theyre gorgeous!

I really don't like lily of the vallery, but I would purchase it for the flacon alone! Indeed drool-worthy! It would make a fabulous companion to my Vega and Sous le Vent

I was just wondering, after guerlain complete all the exclusive collections with 5 fragrances, will they launch another exclusive collection?

By the way, anybody noticed that the Cologne du Parfumeur is not on Guerlain's website anymore? It used to be in the "Eaux" section, and you can't find it now.

Maybe it was given the boot because it was a low seller. I personally think it was nothing noteworthy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    That bottle makes me smile. How adorable. I'm not a covetous person usually, but it makes me wish I had 400 euros to burn.

A Basenoter a while back sent me a sample of Guerlain's Muguet, I forget which year, but it was a beautiful muguet scent.

I doubt that to be the reason. Their website needs a huge update, so many things are missing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MHV View Post
    By the way, anybody noticed that the Cologne du Parfumeur is not on Guerlain's website anymore? It used to be in the "Eaux" section, and you can't find it now.

Maybe it was given the boot because it was a low seller. I personally think it was nothing noteworthy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    Le Petite Robe Noire V2 sounds lovely! Thanks for the info!
    I second this!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Double post.
    Last edited by Primrose; 8th March 2011 at 03:22 AM.

Guerlain already used the name for an Aqua Allegoria in 2009. I agree that the name doesn't sound as intriguing as, say, Plus Que Jamais Guerlain or Quand Vient l'Été, but actually, the original Japan-only Cherry Blossom EdT was much harder to get hold of than for instance Voile d'Été (the fragrance of Quand Vient l'Été). But maybe Guerlain should have considered a name change as they so often do for the Parisiennes. Why not "Printemps de Nihon"?
    I will venture "Petales Japonais."

I got a call yesterday from the Guerlain Boutique representative in Bergdorf's NYC. They are launching Cherry Blossom and Le Petite Robe Noir next week in New York and invited me to come in for a fragrance consultation with a representative from Guerlain. I definitely said yes and made the appointment. I've no idea what a fragrance consultation is all about -- a marketing thing to sell me the new fragrances I'm sure -- but what fun it sounds like and I have the time. So I will be on the train early next Thursday morning heading for NYC. I will post what I think when I return. Since I love Lilly of the Valley I would love to score a bottle of the Muguet or at least get on the waiting list. I too am relatively new to Basenotes.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I have been advised that *this* image is representative of the actual flacon for the 2011 Muguet release.

Nice too! What's so interesting is that Muguet will be an EdP this year. And it was already very tenacious as it was.

Mr G, apparently the hand-painted flacon was a graphic prepared prior to the finalisation of this year's perfume presentation, and it has now been decided to be presented as above with what appears to be a sewn label. I think both are wonderful!

May I assume you might just order one, based on this unique concentration?

Interesting Dimi! Well, I never really wear Muguet, but of course it's quite collectible in new concentration, and the bottle seems gorgeous. Will have to wait and see my funds though

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Mr G, apparently the hand-painted flacon was a graphic prepared prior to the finalisation of this year's perfume presentation, and it has now been decided to be presented as above with what appears to be a sewn label. I think both are wonderful!

May I assume you might just order one, based on this unique concentration?

Octavian has crucified Petit Robe Noir 2 and taken Thierry Wasser down with it too ..... harsh words

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Octavian has crucified Petit Robe Noir 2 and taken Thierry Wasser down with it too ..... harsh words
    I am wearing LPRN2 today and I liked it very much. I was surprised that he found it did not have lasting power. I applied 11 hours ago and I can still smell it. I did not even have to over spray, since I have a small sample of it and I did not want to use it up in one application.

I also have a sample of the re-issued Cherry Blossom and to my nose, it is identical to the 1999-2000 version.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I am wearing LPRN2 today and I liked it very much. I was surprised that he found it did not have lasting power. I applied 11 hours ago and I can still smell it. I did not even have to over spray, since I have a small sample of it and I did not want to use it up in one application.

I also have a sample of the re-issued Cherry Blossom and to my nose, it is identical to the 1999-2000 version.
    The LPRN1 has a tiny bit more longevity and sillage than LPRN2. Both have decent longevity and sillage on me.

I am interested in the upcoming Shalimar Initial, the pink juice. Some scream "sacrilege," but no harm in taking a sniff.

I wonder if Initial will be a limited edition or an exclusive.

Isn't it fantastic? I really think it's a terrific orange blossom/iris with incredible longevity. Could this be FBW for me? I think this is one of Guerlain's best releases in YEARS...

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Isn't it fantastic? I really think it's a terrific orange blossom/iris with incredible longevity. Could this be FBW for me? I think this is one of Guerlain's best releases in YEARS...
    I actually enjoy both of the LPRNs. Once getting past the sweet top notes, a complex composition emerges.

The LPRN1 is more of a floral with rose, musk and vanilla topped with a fruit note. The LPRN2 is a green orange/blossom iris (as you noted) with a base of vanilla and very subtle leather.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Am I sensing a bit of a disconnect here? Possibly reminding me of my now-beloved Bleu de Chanel, the previous end of the fragrance world?

Looking forward to trying this, and biting my tongue about yet another attack on Wasser. I shall compose my thoughts for a more reasoned response....

True enough - I've not even tried LPRN 1 enough to really have an opinion on it, one way or another. I love your description of LPRN 2 - spot on. This is one fragrance that really does smell like it was composed with the utmost quality ingredients... I've gotten quite difficult to please when it comes to fragrances with orange blossom, but I'm really just feeling LPRN 2. And the other 3 yet to come... well, may they only get more spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I actually enjoy both of the LPRNs. Once getting past the sweet top notes, a complex composition emerges.

The LPRN1 is more of a floral with rose, musk and vanilla topped with a fruit note. The LPRN2 is a green orange/blossom iris (as you noted) with a base of vanilla and very subtle leather.

Basenotes Plus

How much is LPRN2 out of interest and does anyone know if it's in Harrods yet? I'm wanting it already and haven't even smelled it!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.