Code of Conduct

Default Creed Original Vetiver. Occasion?

Do you think this is the most sporty Creed-fragrance? I have always think this is a summer only fragrance, for casual occasions. What is your opinion on Original Vetiver?

Default Re: Creed Original Vetiver. Occasion?

I wore Creed OV to work today. I really don't see it as casual or sporty at all. I wore a suit and tie today and chaired a meeting as President, and it fit the occasion perfectly. I think almost any Creed scent is more sporty and casual than OV! Just my opinion. Acier Aluminum and REL may be the exceptions.

OV is a suit and tie scent for me, and it does work better in warmer temps.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wore Creed OV to work today. I really don't see it as casual or sporty at all. I wore a suit and tie today and chaired a meeting as President, and it fit the occasion perfectly. I think almost any Creed scent is more sporty and casual than OV! Just my opinion. Acier Aluminum and REL may be the exceptions.

Hmm.. Intresting! Very often I use fragrances that I feel suits my attire. I will try Original Vetiver with a more stylish attire, to see if It can be appropriate.

what struck me about OV is it's Sillage. i had gifted it to one of my freind as he had liked it very much. it has been his signature scent ever since then and it truly smells amazing on him.

For me this fragrance is a great Summer scent that truly shines when the weather is hot. It mixes into your skin and gives off a lovely citrus scent the hotter your body gets in the heat. It does not work for me as well in the colder weather and I never wear it then.

I wear OV all year, but moreso during warmer weather. I see this as more of a casual scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    For me this fragrance is a great Summer scent that truly shines when the weather is hot. It mixes into your skin and gives off a lovely citrus scent the hotter your body gets in the heat. It does not work for me as well in the colder weather and I never wear it then.
    What is it with the scent that doesn`t work for you in the colder weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    What is it with the scent that doesn`t work for you in the colder weather?
    When I first tried this it was in the Winter in a department store and all I got was a mowed grass type of scent that did nothing for me. About a year later in the Summer on a hot day I was in another store trying out other Creeds and I happened upon OV again and sprayed myself a few times.

Well again I did not think much of it then on the bus it was very hot and I was sweaty and I started to get this lovely blast of citrus. And it was the OV it just developed on my skin more in the hot weather than in the cold and I ended up buying a full bottle. For some reason I do not tend to get the same intense blast of citrus off my skin when it's cold, but it sure does wonders for me when it's hot.

I personally am I big fan of Creed's Original Vetiver. I use it a lot for work, but also enjoy it in the spring and summer. It's also my go to fragrance for interviews etc. It's very non-offensive and clean smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    When I first tried this it was in the Winter in a department store and all I got was a mowed grass type of scent that did nothing for me. About a year later in the Summer on a hot day I was in another store trying out other Creeds and I happened upon OV again and sprayed myself a few times.

Well again I did not think much of it then on the bus it was very hot and I was sweaty and I started to get this lovely blast of citrus. And it was the OV it just developed on my skin more in the hot weather than in the cold and I ended up buying a full bottle. For some reason I do not tend to get the same intense blast of citrus off my skin when it's cold, but it sure does wonders for me when it's hot.
    I agree with this 100%, it works a lot better in the heat and truly develops.
    Reviews geared for the younger crowd: www.thecolognereview.com

Currently hosting bottle splits of Bond No. 9 Bleecker St, and Creed Selection Verte ///PM details

Any season scent.

OV is definitely more of an evening scent for me. It's quite unique IMO and has good staying power. I still prefer vetiver 48 though, that is a masterpiece.

I love this question. Of all Creeds in my collection, OV is the one I wear the least. I think it's because I associate it with casual and summer wear. I suppose it could work in other situations, too. I should give it more of a try. Thanks for the ideas, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post

I agree, I wear it a lot for daytime, work and job interviews as well it's one of my power scents. That and bdp.