Code of Conduct

Default Emergency Date Kit Cologne circa 1986?

Hey Guys:

I was watching an episode of "It's Garry Shandling's Show" this weekend. It was from Season 1, so I'm thinking 1986. Anyway, in this episode, Garry is chaperoning his neighbor's kid on a date. Before the boy walks to the girls's house, Garry opens up his emergency date kit. It contains, among other things, a bottle of unnamed cologne.

So, I was wondering what kind of cologne Garry may have stuck in this emergency kit?
    Most colognes that I'm familiar with were introduced well after this time, so I'd be curious to know what some of the popular options that may have been available.

Maybe you remember the show, which originally aired on Showtime, but also was picked up by Fox. Great show before it's time and I'm enjoying it on DVD right now.

Default Re: Emergency Date Kit Cologne circa 1986?

"Hey Now" ... Drakkar Noir

Post Thanks / Like

1986! I was 19! Right in my wheelhouse. Drakkar was the flavor of the moment. Also popular were Kouros, Polo, Calvin, Oscar Pour Lui, Quorum, Krizia Uomo, KL, many possibilities...Kouros was my fave!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    1986! I was 19! Right in my wheelhouse. Drakkar was the flavor of the moment. Also popular were Kouros, Polo, Calvin, Oscar Pour Lui, Quorum, Krizia Uomo, KL, many possibilities...Kouros was my fave!
    I remember having a bottle of Grey Flannel when I was younger myself. Could this classic possibly be a part of the emergency kit?From what other reviewers are saying, maybe you need an emergency kit to wash the stuff off LOL.