Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    45

    Question I need help finding a new signature sent!

    I'm a senior in high school about to head into college and I'm looking for a new signature scent. I would like to find a new one because I know how sents are related to memories and I want to keep this scent for my memories in high school, and find a new one to wear throughout college to link with those memories.

    The tricky part is finding something veritile that not everyone else is wearing these days. (Curve, Coolwater, ect.) So I'd love to hear some suggestions!

    Price isn't an issue but the cheaper the price the better, no niches please. I'm looking for something I can wear almost all year round that isn't a really "daring" scent, but different enough that people can distinguish it as my own. I currently am wearing Nautica Voyage as a signature scent, and Bvlgari Black for more formal, business type occations.

    I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,156

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Burberry London

  3. #3
    Dependent
    chrisbar1104's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,319

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Hypnose Homme

  4. #4
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    796

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    boss bottle. la nuit. I love voyage also

  5. #5

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    voyage d'hermes!

  6. #6
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,712

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Terre d'Hermes
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

  7. #7

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Cerruti pour Homme

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,675

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Voyage d'Hermes by Hermes - Upon application, one is inundated by a crisp, bitter lemon. This clean lemon dances with cardamom and is tinged with its sweet, nutty aspects. A dash of pepper joins the party adding its pungency. This happy-go-lucky trio meanders to the waiting heart. A grassy, green tea seizes upon the lemon and leads it to the brewing pot, joined by earthy juniper berry, citrusy floral hedione and sundry greens. This concoction simmers and almost reluctantly flows to its refreshing base. A hefty portion of white sandalwood with its peppery wood smell and white cedar with its mild spiciness usurp the heart, imparting their dry and dusty signatures, and is joined by angelica root, which donates its fresh, musky and herbal facets, and sweet white musk. A wonderful drydown ensues. This top quality composition may lack originality, but stands above others by its radiant execution. A scent for all seasons, its projection and sillage are very good, and its longevity is good as well.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Voyage d'Hermes by Hermes - Upon application, one is inundated by a crisp, bitter lemon. This clean lemon dances with cardamom and is tinged with its sweet, nutty aspects. A dash of pepper joins the party adding its pungency. This happy-go-lucky trio meanders to the waiting heart. A grassy, green tea seizes upon the lemon and leads it to the brewing pot, joined by earthy juniper berry, citrusy floral hedione and sundry greens. This concoction simmers and almost reluctantly flows to its refreshing base. A hefty portion of white sandalwood with its peppery wood smell and white cedar with its mild spiciness usurp the heart, imparting their dry and dusty signatures, and is joined by angelica root, which donates its fresh, musky and herbal facets, and sweet white musk. A wonderful drydown ensues. This top quality composition may lack originality, but stands above others by its radiant execution. A scent for all seasons, its projection and sillage are very good, and its longevity is good as well.
    Wow! I wish more people suggested fragrances like this!
    But I hear that there are longevity issues with this one, and that it's not worth the price. How many hours do you get with this fragrance? And, do you know of a discounter who sells it at a decent price?

  10. #10

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Bulgari Black would be considered daring by some. I like it too. So perhaps something with a little leather would do, eg Habit rouge by Guerlain.

    I'd also recommend the cheapish Lush perfumes, but they are indeed a little daring and avantgarde. Breath of God by Lush (smoky vetiver, a combination of fresh and dark). Alternatively, Dirty, which is minty salty, perhaps fresher and a little easier.

    cacio

  11. #11

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Chanel Platinum Egoiste

  12. #12

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    You wouldn't want to have a signature shirt or pair of jeans so why have a signature scent?

  13. #13
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    You wouldn't want to have a signature shirt or pair of jeans so why have a signature scent?
    Because not everyone can afford to have several scents to rotate through.
    Last edited by br3nd3nmar; 2nd January 2012 at 07:27 AM.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,675

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Quote Originally Posted by br3nd3nmar View Post
    Wow! I wish more people suggested fragrances like this!
    But I hear that there are longevity issues with this one, and that it's not worth the price. How many hours do you get with this fragrance? And, do you know of a discounter who sells it at a decent price?
    you should get at least 8 hours out of this all-season, lemon bomb ... check around for a decent price like here >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voyage-dHerm...item2eb75f310f

    good luck !

  15. #15
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Wow thanks!!
    But I have one more question, my personality is a guy who likes to have fun and very personable and loud at times, but other times I can be more reserved, laid back and chill. Do you think this scent will go well with my personality?

    I've also been considering Bleu de Chanel.

    E: ALSO, If you know of any sweet scents, or scents in general girls may particularly enjoy at my age group feel free to let me know!
    I've been doing some research on Voyage d'Hermes, and it does really seem like something I'd like! I love tea fragrances! But some reviewers have said at my age it would be a little too mature? :/
    Last edited by br3nd3nmar; 2nd January 2012 at 08:28 AM.

  16. #16
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,712

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Quote Originally Posted by br3nd3nmar View Post
    I've been doing some research on Voyage d'Hermes, and it does really seem like something I'd like! I love tea fragrances! But some reviewers have said at my age it would be a little too mature? :/
    While Voyage d'Hermes is not one of my favorites (albeit I find it nice smelling on others), if you like it I would advise not worrying if you are "old enough to wear it." Anyone of any age can wear most any scent, Voyage no exception. Enjoy!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

  17. #17

    Default Re: I need help finding a new signature sent!

    Terre dHermes +3

Similar Threads

  1. I need help finding my signature scent :)
    By redheadrachel in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th May 2011, 07:10 PM
  2. Need help finding a new fragrance!
    By ldarling87 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th November 2010, 10:45 PM
  3. Finding a signature scent for my mother
    By Sugandaraja in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13th December 2007, 12:35 AM
  4. Help finding the right one
    By tonality in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th December 2006, 01:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000