Code of Conduct

Default those hidden gems, lying in the corner of a discount store..

come to think of it, some of us either overlook these scents and or have tried it at one point in time and got lost in the sea of offerings we have these days.. i just too ka moment to go through some of the scents which i owned and swapped away for reasons unknown. one of these days, i plan to get em back.. and hey, it wont evem burn a hole in my pocket..

1st up - Adolfo Dominiguez - Vetiver Hombre - it's green shade can be best exemplified with the color of it's bottle. deep green. it's very invigorating, fresh and with a lot of character. fresh vetiver based scent. i find this to be much more enjoyable to lets say a Mugler Cologne, which in it;s own right is a marvelous release. but when i want to feel intense green and fresh, i'd turn to vetiver hombre

Adolfo Dominiguez - Agua Fresca - another gem from this line. what a quality offering. it packs in limes, herbs & woods in one of the most refreshing fashion. easily a daily wear kinds. just dont have to be in a mood for it, it's just perfect for anytime of the day.

Nikos Sculpture - very hard to decipher it's signature smell. you have to smell it to believe it. it's a delightful floral with woodsy base. it's walks on a tightrope of being a aquatic oriental with a floral twist on a bed of iris. marvelous release.

Aubusson.Man - Another classic. it's structure is pretty similar to Nikos Sculpture, only this one is much more greener. my sister, is very particualr about scents and dont like most of what i have. she feels it's nasty (noir patchouli, amber sultan, borneo 1834, santal de mysore...cant say she is way out of place) but this, this ones her favorite. i guess its smells much better in it's silalge. neverthless, it's a pure delight to wear and i find it absolutely stunning a release.

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge - one of the finest compositions ever. ever there was a marriage of spicy, woodsy, boozy deep gourmandish accords, it hasto be rouge. it still amazes me with it's complexity and smell. on the surface, it shares some accords with Le Male.. but overall, i find it completely in a different league altogether...

feel like adding a lot more...care to add your thoughts and ideas...?

Default Re: those hidden gems, lying in the corner of a discount store..

Great one Jenson, I especially dig Sculpture albeit here it's no drugstore/discount scent, you can get it at the biggest perfume shop line.

Adidas Victory League A great spicy oriental. Cinnamon, baked apple over a decent woody base. Enjoyable and well worth the 5 €.

YSL Live jazz nice, cooling mint fragrance that I mean to snatch up every other summer.

I have the feeling a lot of the Bogart scents belong in here.
    Smellin good

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge - I might have to try this one, probably one of the best Ratings I have ever seen on basenotes! 20-3-1!

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122367.html

Azzaro PH, Rocas Man, Givenchy Gentleman. Last I was at TJMAXX.