Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Aziyade by Parfums d'Empire.

Good day all, I am would appreciate descriptions of and opinions regarding Azyade by Parfums d'Empire. I am told that if I like Arabie I will enjoy Azyade. Lutenesque or simi-Lutenesque, incensy, spicy, heavy fruit and mystery are all sought and enjoyed. Your replies will be gratefully received.

Default Re: Aziyade by Parfums d'Empire.

Aziyade is a mess. Smells like it's from an amateur nose. Try Wazamba.

I like it! Has a coca-cola accord; sounds a bit naff but is rather nice. Much lighter and less syrupy than a typical Lutens IMO.

Not FBW for me at the moment.

It is all those things, with a heavy dose of cumin. Your taste for cumin will drive wether you like this one or not, in my opinion. It's just a little too much for me, which I didn't realise until I had purchased a bottle

Have the entire line of this house and I think that Aziyade is wonderful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    It is all those things, with a heavy dose of cumin. Your taste for cumin will drive wether you like this one or not, in my opinion. It's just a little too much for me, which I didn't realise until I had purchased a bottle
    This is what I thought, too. There's a combination of the cumin with something kind of greasy and animalic that made Aziyade smell very much like frying Indian food on me. It was intoxicating and truly entertaining, but in the end, I just didn't necessarily want to walk around smelling like it. But if you truly want to experience the art and nuance that cumin can have, Aziyade should be required sniffing.

As such, I'd say it's definitely worth sampling, if just to experience something so artfully dissonant from traditional perfumery, but it would be a horrifically unsafe blind buy.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

For some reason, the fruity aspect in Aziyadé reminds me of the fruity aspect in Wazamba. On the other side, incense is much more prominent in the later.
    Aziyadé doesn’t really smell like Arabie, but I can understand people who say that these two have similar character. In the long run, how can I explain that the picture of Arabie showed up in my head a few days ago when I was wearing Aziyadé?
    I wouldn’t say that Aziyadé is more “pretty” thanks to cumin, but it is more interesting. I bought a 100 ml bottle about two years ago. I don't wear it often, but that’s manly because Aziyadé is just not an everyday type of scent.
    By the way, it has very good projection and enormous (for my standards even - excessive) longevity.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

It's a third-rate Arabie. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    lol

i agree with the arabie comparison however, it's much drier than Arabie. i like it..

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I think I'll rephrase my description: 10% cola beverage and stewed fruits, 50% Arabie-lite, 40% Incense Rosé.

Too much cola (like Trebor said) in the beginning (don't spray much,it's intoxicating) but I found the dry down very pleasant. If you like going to clubs (night party) you'll definitely be remarked wearing this perfume.Very good projection and longevity indeed.

I have just sprayed it on my arm: top notes are hard to swallow... i remember it now and i don't like it that much.

Don't get it!

Blog Entries

Thank you for your postings. I am afraid I jumped the gun on this one and it will arrive here tomorrow, I will post a personal reaction to this fragrance at that time. Your postings show this fragrance to be a mixed bag in opinions to say the least. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the sniffing goes well and my luck at blind buys holds out.

Blog Entries

Well, Aziyade arrived today and I am wearing it. I don't smell Arabie, I don't smell Coke, nor any of the notes listed except one; cumin. I would now entertain ideas of what to layer with this to take me, at least a little out of the kitchen. I am afraid that my long list of successful blind buys has experienced a spike with this one. Help needed. Please bring forth suggestions on a layering scheme.

Blog Entries

Oh no... I hope you at least find it artful and unique.

Cumin works well with citruses, maybe start there? Or maybe try layering it with Arabie for the effect others were mentioning?
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Bump, I just saw this thread and remembered that I'd spent quite some time on Aziyade.
    Heres my post from an older thread by envyus in case you want to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I am wearing this right now from a sample and I'm astouned.
    The first thing that hit me was the dirtiest, most armpit-like musky vibe I smelled since MKK. I went back to the site of thedifferentscent and was more than suprised seeing that they dont even list musk as a note. It's listed as a factor here on the directory but that cant have been a little musk in the base shining through so I guess I finally found out the dirty character of cumin, some have mentioned here a while back.

This being said I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.I'm generally not a fan of too heavy and right-in-your-face-indian-spicy-store smells but the amount is artistically balanced with dried fruits, sweetness and what I would call the self assured way not to care what people think about it. I mean it in a positive way, the same way I would daresay extrovert artist dont really care what people think.
    And that aspect makes it great, unique, well, niche.
    Very, very nice indeed!

PS: after sniffing my hand for 5 minutes in a row now (exaggerated) I think I get the difference to musk, but hell yeah, its dirty too

Forgot to mention, while I love this, I'm not too keen on Arabie, I think this one just serves me better. Great because I have been looking for a gem in this genre for ages.
    Smellin good

I was in Min New York the other day and was sold on Aziyade. Left with Aziyade and Azemour. Got home sprayed Aziyade on my hand and I was shocked how different it smelled outside of the store. In fact it smelled so weird, the big almond accord and dried fruit present in the store was gone, in its place was the often mentioned coca cola accord. Well today i decided to layer Aziyade with Azemour. The two, i think work well together. The oranges take away the coca cola accord and Azemour's oakmoss base reduces the foodiness of Azemour. In its place is an exotic dried fruit with orange. I suppose many Parfum d'empire can layer with each other. I'd like to try Cuir Ottoman with Aziyade. Just a thought.