Code of Conduct

Default Auction...oh, if I only had the money....

"No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Auction...oh, if I only had the money....

And click Similar Items on the left.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I simply cannot do searches on Ebay anymore for 'vintage Guerlain perfume bottles' or the like ... I'll go nuts out of frustration !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Wow, beautiful!

I have a saved search for "Vintage Guerlain" and get a tempting email of new listings every morning. Yowza. At any given time, I have 100+ auctions on my watch list. Fortunately, I force myself to avoid bidding until the last minute, which means that most get too rich for my blood before I'm even in the game!

Ugh, and now I have to curse you for showing me that site. Because I am all in knots over registering, just to try for THIS GLORIOUSNESS OF VINTAGEY GOODNESS.
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 19th November 2009 at 04:38 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

WOW! Pretty. Those Webb pieces are museum quality. We must all look for a pot o'gold somewhere. (Actually old gold stuff is selling $$$ now!) I'm in shock over the extra %20 on top of the sale price!

I am broke now and I will not buy anything more until I am more solvent. (No expensive niche for me at present.)

I am so sorry for inspring the deadly sins of lust and avarice in my BN colleagues...

My bottle collection can only boast one vintage Baccarat flacon of Parfums D'Orsay Milord (empty). I only bought because it features the portrait of my bearded beauty (wearing a top hat) on the stopper.

I would love to buy a real 19th century dressing case someday with ruby glass vials... I would also like to start collecting more Art Nouveau glass flacons.

Until then, I will just look and sigh...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember the rare auction of the blue version of the Coque D'Or bottle on Ebay - I bid for it - it was honestly a good price for the bottle- I don't think the seller realised the value of it - I was outbid in the last 2 minutes or so ... I was so heartbroken . I love the bue Coque D'or bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are just to die for. On the subject of, "If only I had the money," I'm currently torturing myself by watching an auction for Vacances parfum:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1936-Jean-Patou-V...item4a9c47b430

*cries*
    Last edited by Anna_P; 20th November 2009 at 03:25 AM.

Oh, Anna, but that one isn't that much yet....and it's not a widely known scent, so you may be able to sneak in a get a deal!

Of course, I do that all the time, get my hopes up that a favorite will fall through the cracks and I'll get a deal. So far it's a few times: I got a sealed bottle of No 5 edt for $11, original Vent Vert parfum for $7, about 4 ml of vintage Cabochard for $5....Here's hoping for more!

Ps: I did see that Coque d'Or auction! It was odd because there was one auction, then it was pulled, and then a relisting. There was another up recently, a honkin huge wax seal covering the top....same seller had a wax sealed bottle of Liu up, too. Both went for wads of cash. I had a similar experience right before my birthday, when I was determined to treat myself to a vintage propeller bottle of Vol de Nuit extrait. I was outbid at the last moment, which was at 4am my time, LOL. But, no fear, I had two other similar auctions on deck! And I watched those go for OBSCENE amounts for some reason. Sigh.
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 20th November 2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Oh, Anna, but that one isn't that much yet....and it's not a widely known scent, so you may be able to sneak in a get a deal!

Of course, I do that all the time, get my hopes up that a favorite will fall through the cracks and I'll get a deal. So far it's a few times: I got a sealed bottle of No 5 edt for $11, original Vent Vert parfum for $7, about 4 ml of vintage Cabochard for $5....Here's hoping for more!

Ps: I did see that Coque d'Or auction! It was odd because there was one auction, then it was pulled, and then a relisting. There was another up recently, a honkin huge wax seal covering the top....same seller had a wax sealed bottle of Liu up, too. Both went for wads of cash. I had a similar experience right before my birthday, when I was determined to treat myself to a vintage propeller bottle of Vol de Nuit extrait. I was outbid at the last moment, which was at 4am my time, LOL. But, no fear, I had two other similar auctions on deck! And I watched those go for OBSCENE amounts for some reason. Sigh.
    Mo - there is another blue Coque D'Or bottle up for auction right now... too bad I am out of the country ...the bottle is not as pristine as the one I bid on previously.
    I remember the Liu bottles - the one I was swooning over was all sealed up in the original blue Guerlain paper- it went for quite a lot.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th November 2009 at 11:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I know, but I'm sure it will go higher (ie. far out of my price range) and I'm trying to restrain my spending--which is obviously why I obsessively search for vintage on ebay *lol*. I didn't even know there was a parfum form of Vacances, it's usually the edt and even that is nearly impossible to find. Plus, he doesn't ship to Canada . Congrats on your great bargains though, vintage Cabochard is simply glorious!
    Last edited by Anna_P; 21st November 2009 at 03:40 AM.

I'm about to CRY over vintage Vol de Nuit extrait. I passed over a few bottles on ebay about a month ago, because they were going for almost $150, and I thought that was too much. Then, I decided that since I was about to have a big birthday, it would be a worthy splurge...and since then, the bottles have rapidly escalated in price....DOUBLING in a month's time! WTF?

I'm obsessed with getting a bottle. I have dreams about it. It's making me crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Relax, it will come when you least expect it. I never thought I would get some of the treasures I have unearthed. I honestly don't know how I have been so lucky. Just peruse the web & pow! It comes out of the blue. I always look at those 'ending soonest' so there isn't time to screw around with bidding.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge, kumquat! You have found some truly tremendous jewels, so I'll take hope from that!

To pay you back, I taunt you with more pretty:

Fragrance P0rnography....again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Insanity!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to CRY over vintage Vol de Nuit extrait. I passed over a few bottles on ebay about a month ago, because they were going for almost $150, and I thought that was too much. Then, I decided that since I was about to have a big birthday, it would be a worthy splurge...and since then, the bottles have rapidly escalated in price....DOUBLING in a month's time! WTF?

I'm obsessed with getting a bottle. I have dreams about it. It's making me crazy.
    I feel your pain, my high-priority obsessions are the Patou Ma Collection, Cuir de Russie and Tabac Blond. And speaking of which, funny you should post that link to that auction *lol*, I've been watching it too. Seriously, what's with this guy? Who are his sources where he finds a steady supply of rare fragrances and bottles that he can presumably making a living auctioning them off on eBay?
    Last edited by Anna_P; 21st November 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just had to show you....http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-CZECH-IN...ht_4862wt_1040
    Ain't that a pip?

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Ain't that a pip?
    Kumquat, oh, my...

Thanks for making me feel bad, now that I am flat broke!

Actually, thank you for the eye candy and sharing!

I have stopped buying antique goodies for now because of the economy, but I hope to buy again when I get more cash flow...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't that a pip?
    Oh Gee Whiz- Primrose, Kumquat, Mo ... everyone ... oh mah God ! That bottle is amazing . Me want ! Waaah !

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Kumquat, oh, my...

Thanks for making me feel bad, now that I am flat broke!

Actually, thank you for the eye candy and sharing!

I have stopped buying antique goodies for now because of the economy, but I hope to buy again when I get more cash flow...

Same here! I really feel bad about not being able to buy anything because I'm broke.. It makes me really envious of those who can buy what they want..

One of the best examples of the original Diorissimo Ive ever seen , if you have very deep pockets

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dior-Diorissim...item1e5c0eb7b2

Another beauty Guerlain Jasmin parfum unopened , such a beautiful bottle and presentation

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNUSED-Vintage-G...item5194d37465

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG Pour Monsieur ! That is to die for ...............

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Another beauty Guerlain Jasmin parfum unopened , such a beautiful bottle and presentation

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNUSED-Vintage-G...item5194d37465
    Just this minute sold for $2025.20!

Not only is very rare, it also is housed on the very same lalique bottle used for Bouquet de Faunes (with slightly different heads) so it's very unique. Should've sold for even more!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Not only is very rare, it also is housed on the very same lalique bottle used for Bouquet de Faunes (with slightly different heads) so it's very unique. Should've sold for even more!
    This is the later 1940's mould for the bottle without the swirling lines on the shoulder of the bottle, meaning it could have been in production anytime up until 1960. Had it been in the 1920's mould, it may well have gone for more (production from 1925 until 1940).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow! couldn't believe that price.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"