Code of Conduct

Default Poison and Pure Poison: suitable for men?

I'm searching and researching just to add a few new members to close my collection. I love flowers, white flowers and the indolic ones above all. I've tried pure poison today and i like it.

Problem is... am i pushing it too much? are there masculine/unisex options for these kind of perfumes?

Default Re: Poison and Pure Poison: suitable for men?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Problem is... am i pushing it too much?
    IMO yes. Others will have opposing opinions.

I most certainly do not think that you're pushing it too much. You can and should wear whatever fragrance you like and you think suits you. There's no such thing as pushing too much in terms of fragrance. Any man may wear blatant or over-the-top floral concoctions as confidently as he wears ones of woody or fougère catagories. The thing is that mostly people get reluctant about perfumes because of the connotations with that particular fragrance, which the society impose upon them. After all, most members of the society won't even recognise the fragrance you're wearing, thus, cannot tell it's a masculine or feminine. They'd only think that you're the gorgeous smelling guy who radiates floral lushness. And if I may add that a gradually increasing number of people will applaude you of your confident choices and will be intrigued.

I love florales anyway, what i'm not so sure about is Pure Poison being the best choice.
    I don't have many florals: fleurs d'oranger by Lutens, maybe Globe, L'Ombre dans L'eau, Black Aoud (not floral, i know...) i was considering Insensé but it's not my cup of tea.
    I have some decants, including Carnal Flower, but it's kinda expensive. I'd love to get some recommendations, especially about white flowers, tuberose and gardenia...

For tuberose, I'd say you should check out Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens, Tubéreuse by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder. Also I'd recommend La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur for tuberose blended with white flowers.

Have you tried Midnight Poison? It's quite unisex

Thanks Mertevenk!

laph, i don't doubt it may feel unisex, but it loses the floral vibe i'm looking for

I think that Fleur de Male would be a perfect option for you, since you like white florals and indolic, this one totally fits that bill.
    fresh neroli/roses/warm ambery base

Pure poison is very popular and worn by many ladies so I think it may not be suitable for a man.

Calling the Duc Duc, are you there?
    I must admit that the Duc had me interested in Poison: I personally don't think that Pure Poison is masculine, but at a blind sniff I would bet Midnight Poison is completely unisex if not masculine. Plus, it's a gorgeous scent. So, my vote for Midnight Poison!
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Another vote for Midnight Poison!

You should use whatever you want and dont care about what other think.
    If the fragrance pleases you then its ok.
    I use Angel proudly and i get compliments.
    Most the times people dont know that is Angel

Sur la Plage

Any fragrance can be worn by anyone. Period.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Any fragrance can be worn by anyone. Period.
    JC, well said.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

I use Midnight Poison extrait and it works just fine for me.

I'm not too much into midnight poison or hipnotic... i like Pure and classic Poison. Don't know if i prefer edt or edp... i think that, if i get one, it'll be the Classic Poison EDT or EDP (which do you prefer?)

I bought today Chanel Nº 19 EDP, now i'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    I'm not too much into midnight poison or hipnotic... i like Pure and classic Poison. Don't know if i prefer edt or edp... i think that, if i get one, it'll be the Classic Poison EDT or EDP (which do you prefer?)

I bought today Chanel Nº 19 EDP, now i'm a happy camper.
    Please don't take this as being mean or negative, I mean no harm or disrespect:

Bottom line... If you have to ask if its okay to wear a "female marketed" fragrance, then you shouldn't. We wear what we want because its what we want to wear. A man that wears a very well known "woman's" fragrance is going to get noticed. The men who wear women's perfumes do so without asking or questioning, you have to be comfortable in who you are!

Now, back to your question, I am a happily married man, I guess you would say I'm an alpha male (if that makes any sense) and wear Pure Poison all of the time, my wife and other females complement me regularly. I know duc wants to sit me down and talk about this, but it brings me back to my first comment... Wear what you want , by the way, +1 on the Chanel 19

Of the Poisons, Midnight is the most easy to wear for a man. That being said - it comes down to the individual. I love all of the poisons and have worn them all. But if you are look i to buy Poison - i would implore you to get the vintage as i think its a better juice but it is a little denser.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Have you tried Midnight Poison? It's quite unisex
    I second the suggestion on Midnight Poison. It is opens floral but goes to a more unisex. It should have been named Midnight Poison Pour Homme. It's lovely!
    However, don't let anything stop you from wearing whatever you like. Be yourself!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I always love Tendre poison. The one and only true love from the range.
    It's white floral with a hint of woody. It's complex, transparent a bit and can be worn all year long.
    I've found that this one is discontinue....

I love floral, its reminds me of a wonderful memory.