Code of Conduct

Default Orange spice amazing lasting power!

For an EDT this one just doesn't quit. I can smell it only skin after 12 hours. Very unique scent IMO and quite different from anything I've ever smelled. Given the strength of this one would you use it for a formal occasion?

Default Re: Orange spice amazing lasting power!

I hope you're not referring to Creed Orange Spice. On me, it was almost completely gone after about 10 minutes. It did remind me of Kourus with very poor longevity.
    - Expect the unexpected

It's very similar to Kouros, just smoother and softer. I wouldn't wear this out in public, to be honest. Anyway, I realized why I don't like it the other day when I sampled it, and that is that the notes mostly bunch together and there is a sharp animalic quality to it. In order for me to deal with such animalics, it seems, I need to have good note separation.

I get great longevity with this scent.

I find Orange Spice quite versatile, good for any number of situations. I've worn it to the office, worn it on Saturdays, when I'm just knocking around town, and yes, it is a good fit for lots of different scenes. I'd like it better if it were a little more orangey, and a little more spicy. Still, it's a fine scent. And yes, I get good longevity from it.

This one has always seemed to be on the endangered Creed species list. Advice to basenoters who might be interested: get it now. Today's ho-hum Creed is tomorrow's valuable collector's item.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

The well groomed and genteel forebear of Kouros. Outstanding longevity. I remember seeing a picture of an orange with clove buds stuck all around it. Very apt re Orange Spice.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Anyway, I realized why I don't like it the other day when I sampled it, and that is that the notes mostly bunch together and there is a sharp animalic quality to it. In order for me to deal with such animalics, it seems, I need to have good note separation.
    Bigs, please define "note separation." This is not something I've heard of before.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Orange Spice from Creed lasts ages on me. Only downside is that I find it smells very soapy on my skin in the drydown. I've got a 30ml decant which I use on and off, but I don't think I'd buy a full bottle once it runs out. As for smelling like Kouros, on me it's nothing like it.

Yes, the lasting power is fantastic. And it's far "soapier" than Kouros. It's an older connotation of soap...sorta like bathing in a freshly bleached bathroom with an orange/neroli/clove bar of milled soap......where the soap base is the strongest smell........

...I wish the orange oil/clove/cinnamon "boiling citrus peels and spice" notes, "white bar soap" notes, and even the bleachy/clean notes in this one could be made into a more contemporary scent, still keeping most of the base intact, just "cleaning it up" and removing the urinous/dirty notes....cause the musks and soapy basenotes used really do have alot of appeal in Orange Spice....

And yes, I have smelled ALL the Kouros flankers besides "eau De Sport" and none of them did that.

Going to layer Orange Spice with Silver Mountain Water today.

it was my first Creed, and it remains my favorite from the house.

longevity is incredible and it is entirely versatile-- I've worn it to stuffed shirt business meetings as well as wore it last night to my weekly trivia contest. should Creed ever have the foolishness to discontinue it, I will be utterly gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Going to layer Orange Spice with Silver Mountain Water today.
    Cool experiment. Please report back. How'd it work out?

Orange Spice also lasted about 12hrs on me....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted