Code of Conduct

Default Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne = Armani Attitude, not a spicy Drakkar Noir.

I noticed this frag selling inexpensively on ebay. There was an old BN thread on it, and the overall idea seemed to be that it's sort of a spicy version of Drakkar Noir, and of good quality, which sounded compelling. I sampled it today, and found that it (assuming it's the same frag) seems to be an "homage" to Attitude (assuming Attitude came first). It seems smoother and I find it more wearable, and there's nothing "wrong" with it. I don't think there is more than one frag with this name, so I thought I'd write up a post so that if a BNer sees it at a good price, he'll at least know that one BNer thinks he is getting an Attitude type of frag and not one that is similar to Drakkar Noir. Considering the prices on Attitude, I have to say this is a good deal, even though I'm not a huge fan of this type of frag (lavender/patchouli gourmand).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 12th March 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Default Re: Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne = Armani Attitude, not a spicy Drakkar Noir.

To me this fragrance smelled like Bijan for men with the spice and lavender. But I did not pick up on any gourmand -

Very powerful and strong also.

Default Re: Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne = Armani Attitude, not a spicy Drakkar Noir.

Definitely sounds like we sampled different frags. I would not think what I have is anything like Bijan. LOL.

Okay, I did another sampling. I think the spice is enhanced significantly by lime up top, which has the effect, I think, of giving it a coriander/cardamom quality (whatever it actually is). As that weakens, patchouli gives it a bit of a "dirty" quality, which cuts the sweet/ambery qualities. The lavender here is not very strong either. For me, it seems, some types of frags are not pleasant, with few or even one exception, and this one may be it. For example, I'm not a huge fan of the pear in Obsession Night Men, and also there's no coffee/chocolate/mocha, which seems to give this kind of frag enough interest and dynamism in the drydown. Attitude, A*men, New Haarlem, Rochas Man (though I don't think there's strong patchouli in RM), and Animale Animale are all too harsh (and possibly problematic in another way too). ESFC seems to have just the right balance for me. If I hadn't sampled it, I would not have thought I liked this type.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 21st March 2011 at 02:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Props to you Bigsly. I just received the Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne I bought blind for $17 shipped off Ebay. I am really surprised at how good it is so far. I'm about 45 minutes into the drydown and I'm getting a much smoother and dignified A*Men without the strong tar note. It's a little smoky too. Really impressed with this stuff.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears"

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES
    Neil Morris Takashimaya, Xerjoff Nio & 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed & Aventus, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (vintage), Tommy Hilfiger Athletics, Terre d'Hermes parfum, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois parfum, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Slumberhouse Jeke, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud & Xerjoff Gao

oh my gosh what the heck bottle of Enrico Sebastiano did I get? Mine smelled just like Bijan :0)

Post Thanks / Like

Wore this to dinner tonight. The sillage and longevity are outstanding. My bottle is clear with a blue cap. I haven't smelled Bijan but ESFC is definitely a more restrained and classier cousin of A*Men.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears"

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES
    Neil Morris Takashimaya, Xerjoff Nio & 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed & Aventus, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (vintage), Tommy Hilfiger Athletics, Terre d'Hermes parfum, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois parfum, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Slumberhouse Jeke, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud & Xerjoff Gao

There are a few on ebay now, such as: http://cgi.ebay.com/Enrico-Sebastian...item35a9eb18ff

I do get a bit of Bijan, with that strong spice note in ESFC. Bijan has lemon instead of the strong lime. I don't get a lot of lavender in ESFC, unlike Bijan, but I think there's some in it. Bijan also has some sweetness/softness to it. However, in my ESFC, the patchouli and gourmand element come forward very powerfully within half an hour to an hour, I'd guess. Supposedly, Bijan has pathouli too, but I don't remember it being especially strong. I think a big difference, though, is that the notes are much clearer in ESFC, probably because there are a lot less of them, apparently.

AromiErotici

Where reformulated Bijan got it all wrong, Enrico Sebastiano got it right.

It is similar to Bijan for Men except that where the new version of Bijan is shrill and heavy on nutmeg and patchouli, Sebastiano has a superior citric-woody accord to go with the leather,spices and patch.
    Last edited by AromiErotici; 30th May 2011 at 02:42 AM.

IMO Armani Attitude is much better.

I dabbed some on about twenty minutes ago. At first there was a confusion of notes, along with an alcohol element. Now it's got that citric/woody aspect Aromi mentioned, along with the gourmand/patchouli element that impressed me most during my previous samplings. It may be that the gourmand/patchouli takes over after a while, but the woody aspect comes across as quite subtle to me. Also, there's clearly a spice note, but it seems to be part of the other two elements. It's natural and well done, whereas there's something in Attitude that I've found too irritating, possibly too much lavender.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this supposed to be a knock off of something else or what? From my perhaps short searching online, didn't seem like a lot of places or w/e to even buy it at. Main thing might be a cosmics something, Amazon and eBay, might be the same company/seller. Legit?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?