Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Slumberhouse

Default Re: Slumberhouse

I hated Ore. Almost threw up. I enjoyed Vikt quite a bit.
    I am

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Do they ship internationally and for how much? I sent them an e-mail yesterday, but haven't got a response (yes, I know I should wait for another day or two).
    Yes they ship Internationally. I ordered the set of samples and brosse, sana and flou samples and the shipping charge to UK was $12.

finally received my order from the big sale. I bought Jeke, Rume, and Vikt. he tossed in a cute little mini bottle of Ore and the sample of his unnamed amber.
    -the amber... nice, but I'll take Lonestar Memories any day over it. Its like the Tauer on steroids, and crystal meth. too much for too long.
    -Jeke and Vikt are incredible. if anyone hasn't tried this man's offerings, and you are a fan of Serge Lutens-- as am I-- by all means try them.
    -Rume, however, is the magnificent one, to me. incredibly different from anything I've ever encountered. akin to finding a resinous jewel in an antique chest. I could not stop smelling myself all day.
    -I had specifically avoided buying Ore (cocoa overload sounded like A- or B-men on bad acid) but it turns out that it's far more interesting than just that. I'm glad to have tried it.
    overall, this man's stuff is way on my radar now. At full price, this stuff is worth it. Fans of Tauer, S. Lutens, Laurie Erickson take notice. This perfumer is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    -Jeke and Vikt are incredible. if anyone hasn't tried this man's offerings, and you are a fan of Serge Lutens-- as am I-- by all means try them.
    Any specific notes on Jeke? I limited myself to two (Vikt and Ore), but was disappointed when I didn't get a sample of the Jeke - it also sounds up my alley. Thanks for any insight.

I'll wear it again tonight, after dinner. but, I'll tell you this: I found Jeke and Vikt to be kinda similar. don't kick yourself for not having gotten it.

Jeke and Vikt are cousins but not twins. There's this smokiness of Jeke that's amazing. It's my favorite of the line. Ore is my second favorite - surprising to me because I usually don't like cocoa notes.

Over on one of the larger online blogs, when referring to several of the earlier Slumberhouse efforts, I found this quote by one of their more well-known reviewers:

"...when I tried Kote, Mur, and Verg I thought that this might actually be the first real example of olfactory outsider art."

A pretty heady thing to be saying alright.

I'd love to start sampling this house, if anybody wants to trade samples check out my sig at the bottom and PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I vote for VIKT. This is the standout of the whole line IMO. I've sampled pretty much all of them with the exception of Brosse and Sana which I'm supposed to recieve pretty soon...
    Just wondering if you received Brosse and Sana, alfarom. I thought your descriptions of the other scents were well done and would be curious to get your thoughts on these.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Power Where You Need It

Not Yet, UngerWoo and I can't actually sollicit Josh as he was sending them for free...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Alfarom,Since you are from Europe, Could you tell me how long did it take to arrive your order ? It is been over 20 days and mine did not arrive. Thanks !

Power Where You Need It

They're very slow. Be trustful

Received my Rume today. Not much resins on me, just tons of thick honey.
    I liked the stuff, heavy as i want it to be.
    The dark juice scared me, will it stain the clothes?

They includeded for free 1 mini (i think 5ml) of Jeke and 3 samples, Brosse, Sana and a misterious unlabeled.

Jeke
    its the one that i liked the most, more than my Rume. A sweet boozy tobacco leather. Great stuff, for my tastes, at least. Heavy and dense, but not thick.
    Brosse i didnt liked at all and even will try to describe, but looks something incomplete.
    Sana is good, sweet and, well, kinda coniferous?
    The unlabeled sample i didnt liked at all, smell like rubber, latex (condom)... What was that one?

Quite liked the house, i liked Rume, loved Jeke and liked a bit Sana.
    Will buy Jeke for sure. Now i want to try the others from the house, specially Vikt and Ore.

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Received my Rume today. Not much resins on me, just tons of thick honey.
    Honey? Funny, I don't get any honey out of Rume. To me is mainly a spicy-resinous concoction.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Honey? Funny, I don't get any honey out of Rume. To me is mainly a spicy-resinous concoction.
    I was with about 6 different new smells at my arms, so maybe i was wrong, i will retest.

Do you know what that unlabeled sample that smell like condom was?

Power Where You Need It

Do you know what that unlabeled sample that smell like condom was?
    Sorry Daniel but I don't know what that is...

My rume is totally black, not dark orange/ambar, like the image of the mini that Al Gae posted.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/273...=1#post2384362

Maybe i received a mislabeled bottle?
    There is a thick honeyed in their line?

Got my bottles last week....havent had a chance to fully preview Ore but did get the burnt, dry cocoa from it along with some medicinal notes, have to give it a full wear.

Jeke is some powerhouse stuff...i usually never go light on any trigger but with this one if you d more than 2 you're in for some super rude awakening.....Unrefined, in your face spices and i would say the note of burnt rubber persists throughout as the main theme.....if you thought there is note of burnt rubber in Bulgari Black, well in this one there is an entire rubber factory in flames......i seriously would recommend to anyone who loves that burnt rubber note to try out Jeke as i am not much of a fan of that one.

Vikt - by far the standout in this line...strong, heady, powerful, resinous....starts out super strong(as all of them do) but within 10 minutes it smoothes out and you get wonderful, bombastic mix of spices and leather that floats in the air around you....surprisingly easy to wear but a definite cold weather fragrance.

I would say no matter what, these are definite try before you buy deal and is not made for typical "what fragrance will get me laid" crowd.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Wearing Rume today for the first time.

Oh god, the stuff is strong for the first 2 hours. I used 5 sprays (usually i do more than 7 with almost every fragrance). Also, the sprayer isnt spray that much, so i think ive used about 3 sprays of a regular sprayer.

My girlfriend almost instantly asked me what is that honeycomb that im wearing.
    A coworker comment about a strong smell of honey (them i think he discovered that was my smell and he dont commented more)

Its it, almost pure honey from Rume? I dont get much resins, maybe some sweet spices, maybe something like clove, but all dominated by the thick and dense honey.
    Its that?

Have a 15ml bottle of Flou. It's good but not for me. Was given samples of Vikt and Ore - Vikt is fucking crazy, and has a weird vegetable note which I can't quite put my finger on, but it's still good. Ore is delicious. Gonna put in a bottle/sample order once Brosse becomes available again in March.

Wearing Rume today for the first time.

Oh god, the stuff is strong for the first 2 hours. I used 5 sprays (usually i do more than 7 with almost every fragrance). Also, the sprayer isnt spray that much, so i think ive used about 3 sprays of a regular sprayer.

My girlfriend almost instantly asked me what is that honeycomb that im wearing.
    A coworker comment about a strong smell of honey (them i think he discovered that was my smell and he dont commented more)

Its it, almost pure honey from Rume? I dont get much resins, maybe some sweet spices, maybe something like clove, but all dominated by the thick and dense honey.
    Its that?
    I believe the limited release Miel is a honey-dominated scent. You might want to write them and see if they sent you a bottle by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I believe the limited release Miel is a honey-dominated scent. You might want to write them and see if they sent you a bottle by mistake.
    I will contact them. My Rume is TOTALLY black, even when it touch the skin. I think it can spot the clothes.

Rume owners can confirm that the juice is completely dark black?

I will contact them. My Rume is TOTALLY black, even when it touch the skin. I think it can spot the clothes. Rume owners can confirm that the juice is completely dark black?
    No sir, it is not.

Some pics side by side with Jeke

Not ambar as jeke or as the rume posted earlier.

Can someone that have 30ml Rume post a pic of it?

Josh makes these things in small batches, and when it comes time to make more, I suspect that he fine-tunes them a little each time. Not in the sense that we normally think of reformulations, but more as a means to get them to be more of what he hopes them to be.

Which may be what's going on here ?

If you read their personal statement, it's clear that they are coming at things from a totally different place than most of the conventional houses.

Which may not be a bad thing, in my book.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 21st January 2012 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Josh makes these things in small batches, .
    ................. and there will INEVITABLY be variations

I have had Grev on overnight and even though I'm getting over a nasty sinus infection am happy to report it bears a strong resemblance to Creed's Green Valley. Bright green but not bitter with hints of mint and is going on about eight hours now.

I am currently wearing/sampling Vikt and I just had to say that this is comforting the space where Nomad Tea used to be. Soothing a broken heart.'
    I am

I have tried four of these and my favorites are Kote and Vikt. Haven't seem many mentions of Kote but I really like the tobacco note in this - very warm and exceptional. Vikt is kind of a wild ride but I like the odd mix of dark greens. Do I smell anise in Vikt? The dark greens have a very anise like scent that is quite unusual.
    SUMMER COLOGNES: Gabriella Chieffo Aquasala Dior Homme Cologne Boudicea the Victorious Oxford Penhaligons Lothair Molecule 01 Azemour les Orangers AdP Essenza Byredo Sunday Cologne Ginepro di Sardegna Maestrale Iris Nazarena Versace Pour Homme

I've tried their sample pack + Brosse and I could say that the medicinal vibe (in all frags) is maybe too strong . Grev and Vikt are my favorites, I mean the most wearable, followed by Jeke.