Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 120 of 788

Thread: Slumberhouse

  1. #61

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    more like brutally underwhelming . . . . Sana is bazillions betta for my cash
    What is Sana like?
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

  2. #62

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    What is Sana like?
    If you haven't already . . . . check the mixologist's description : http://slumberhou.se/private
    When I first smelt it my reaction was geezus this is strange .... 30 seconds later I was back - I think I was hooked on its oddness.

    The description is apt and gives a hint of the thought behind the juice. The fir & suede (?) standout a good bit when I first jumped on but becomes even stranger when the thorns (yep, you can believe that - to me it smells just like thorns or thistle in the fall when the prickly little buggers begin to dry out ) then some honey & what may be the truest red raspberry note to exist joins in. It goes 'strange' again then smooths out into a dry, almost musky forest tone.

    If you've ever spent any time in Oregon in late fall or very early winter - the weather can become dank - overcast - heavy - a little depressing, but the sun will peek through from time to time & show you some raw gorgeous. That may be the best analogy I can come up with for this one, without a heavy emphasis on the depressing part.

    For now, Sana & Vikt seem to be the guy's best work in my opinion. The rest are just so-so.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    That sounds great. I lived in Portland for some time and have fond memories of walking the dog in Forest Park in the NW part of town. I think I'll order it.

    Thanks, SoGent. I appreciate your description.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

  4. #64

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    feel free to add to the script when you 'get' it.

  5. #65
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    If you've ever spent any time in Oregon in late fall or very early winter - the weather can become dank - overcast - heavy - a little depressing, but the sun will peek through from time to time & show you some raw gorgeous. That may be the best analogy I can come up with for this one, without a heavy emphasis on the depressing part.
    It is NOT depressing here!

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  6. #66
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,628

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I love the design, packaging, and customer service reputation. Also, I think the limited runs thing is interesting. I would love to go to a store and sniff some but alas...

  7. #67

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    It is NOT depressing here!
    come on buddy . . . . you're the poster child

  8. #68

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I'm debating between a bottle of Rume or Jeke for this winter. How will I ever decide? Maybe I will buy both as a Xmas present to me.

    I want to know more about your impressions of Sana and Brosse... too... just to make things harder on myself :P

  9. #69

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    fyi... big sale going down this w/e.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Anyone getting anything?

    I'm about to get myself some Vikt and Ore.
    Maybe some Rume.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I ordered just the sample set. I do not know why I was afraid to buy a bottle? (I usually make blind buys) This house is new to me.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    I'm about to get myself some Vikt and Ore.
    Maybe some Rume.
    Great choices, Moltening. I own a full bottle of Vikt and thoroughly enjoy it. Ore it's a very interesting take on gourmands that's never too sweet. Has sort of a sullen character.

    A few day's ago I tested Rume and striked me as very Lutens-like. A full bodied composition where a strong resinous presence (myrrh and labdanum) is joined by clove and bay. Somewhere between Serge Noir and Fille En Aiguilles. It has an overall burnt-sugary, sort of roasted vibe, it's spicy and slightly (slightly) medicinal. The myrrh remarks its presence with pungent accents while a honeyed note adds even more density.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  13. #73

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I also finally wrote my review for Kere...here we go....

    Immortelle minus the curry. This is a pretty nice concoction of liqorice, honeysuckle and hay that dafeinitely brings to mind of Immortelle. The point of strength of this composition is that while many fragrances listing Helichrysum among their notes tend to smell like curry, Kere is completely devoided of this aspect enhancing its anisic/liqorice-like undertone and pairing it with a caramel/praline note in the base. Aldehydes and fruity undertones add a necessary balance saving the fragrance from heavyness or from becoming overly sweet.

    Not my type of stuff but can do great on the Lolita Lempicka / Eau Noire axis.

    Moderately powerful, average lasting power.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  14. #74

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Fast help guys. Most strongs of the line, please. Im ordering directly from them today due the -33%off

    Im considering Ore and Rume, as im a fan of gormands and resinous, respectively
    Last edited by d4N13L; 11th December 2011 at 05:41 PM.

  15. #75
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Fast help guys. Most strongs of the line, please. Im ordering directly from them today due the -33%off

    Im considering Ore and Rume, as im a fan of gormands and resinous, respectively
    with your tastes Ore and Rume are good choices. however, if you want "most strongs" as you put it... Brosse.

    Ore is what Mugler wishes he could make.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  16. #76

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    with your tastes Ore and Rume are good choices. however, if you want "most strongs" as you put it... Brosse. Ore is what Mugler wishes he could make.
    he's correct.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Of the ones I tried the strongest are definitely Vikt and Rume. Ore is a great option if you like gourmands but don't expect something very sweet...The sweetest and most conventionally gourmandic is Kere but on the other hand it doesn't have the staying power of the others I mentioned...


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  18. #78

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Oh dog, so much choices, so little bucks...

    Ore, Rume, Brosse or Vikt?
    I will order in 1 hour or less. Help with this blind buy.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I vote for VIKT. This is the standout of the whole line IMO. I've sampled pretty much all of them with the exception of Brosse and Sana which I'm supposed to recieve pretty soon...


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  20. #80

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I ended up buying Rume, didnt saw you reply.
    I think i will like it, since i do love Serge Noire and specially Fille en Aiguilles and dont own any of them.

  21. #81

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I ended up buying Rume, didnt saw you reply.
    I think i will like it, since i do love Serge Noire and specially Fille en Aiguilles and dont own any of them.
    Let us know very tenacious lasting power....enjoy.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  22. #82
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Boy, it's been 10 days now, and I'm still having problems with my Slumberhouse order. I ordered samples of all his things 10 days ago, got a very pleasant personal response, saying the items would be shipped the next day, but even though I live less than 150 miles away as the crow flies, it's been over a week since he said he shipped, and still no samples.

    I've tried to write Josh twice now, and got a "Delivery Delay" notice in response to my first attempt to e-mail Josh, and a "Delivery Failure" notice in response to the second note I sent today. I've triple checked the address, and unless I am loosing my mind (a distinct possibility) I am indeed responding to the address that pops up on his website, and the one which was listed in the note he sent to me.

    It's possible that the problem is on my end, or something to do with Firefox, or something to do with that strange 33@slumberhou.se address. So just wanted to check yet again and see if anyone else is having problems sending notes to him.

    I'm at the point where I'm willing to try and send him a snail-mail, so if anyone has his mailing address, perhaps they could PM me with it ?

  23. #83

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Blind ordered Vikt, Jeke and Ore at 40 dollars per 30ml.....seems like high quality fragrances at a more than reasonable price...as soon as it arrives I will post my feedback here. Thank you guys for opening my eyes to a brand new house I would have probably never found out about....This, is what Basenotes is all about.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  24. #84
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Boy, it's been 10 days now, and I'm still having problems with my Slumberhouse order. I ordered samples of all his things 10 days ago, got a very pleasant personal response, saying the items would be shipped the next day, but even though I live less than 150 miles away as the crow flies, it's been over a week since he said he shipped, and still no samples.

    I've tried to write Josh twice now, and got a "Delivery Delay" notice in response to my first attempt to e-mail Josh, and a "Delivery Failure" notice in response to the second note I sent today. I've triple checked the address, and unless I am loosing my mind (a distinct possibility) I am indeed responding to the address that pops up on his website, and the one which was listed in the note he sent to me.

    It's possible that the problem is on my end, or something to do with Firefox, or something to do with that strange 33@slumberhou.se address. So just wanted to check yet again and see if anyone else is having problems sending notes to him.

    I'm at the point where I'm willing to try and send him a snail-mail, so if anyone has his mailing address, perhaps they could PM me with it ?
    settle down, you're going to be alright. I live about 5 miles from him and my order took at least two weeks. he's known for quality fragrances, not quick shipping. this whole sale thing may even back shipping up more than usual.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  25. #85
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,986

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    settle down, you're going to be alright. I live about 5 miles from him and my order took at least two weeks. he's known for quality fragrances, not quick shipping. this whole sale thing may even back shipping up more than usual.
    Agree. Very small operation and hand filled bottles with hand lettering. He gets backed up sometimes.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  26. #86

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    settle down, you're going to be alright. I live about 5 miles from him and my order took at least two weeks. he's known for quality fragrances, not quick shipping. this whole sale thing may even back shipping up more than usual.
    Exactly.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  27. #87
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    OK, I finally received a reply to my e-mails late this evening ( Sunday night/Monday morning at half-passed midnight).

    Apparently their e-mail service went down on Friday ( the reason for all the "Delivery Failure" and "Delivery Delayed" notices) and now all the accumulated e-mails are arriving there in a flood in the reverse order in which they were sent.

    On top of that, he did ship my order on the 3rd, but apparently it got lost, in addition to another bunch of boxes that got messed up at the post office by a clerk putting the postal labels over the addresses, which are only now trickling back to him. The sense I got was that at this point in time he's still not totally clear as to who's orders made it to their recipients and who's didn't. If you ordered a while ago and don't get your stuff within the next week, it would probably help him sort things out if you let him know the details.

    Then of course all the sale orders.

    So a big cock-up, and something he's massively sorry about.

    As an aside, if you happen to be in Portland, he said his stuff is now on sale downtown at that cool new pop-up store called Boy's Fort. My sister and I stopped in there back on the 30th, told the owner he needed to contact Josh, and now he's got a local retail outlet.

  28. #88

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Fast help guys. Most strongs of the line, please. Im ordering directly from them today due the -33%off

    Im considering Ore and Rume, as im a fan of gormands and resinous, respectively
    I think Rume is a good choice. It is resinous and has a subtle gourmand quality that is not overly sweet. I believe it to be absolutely beautiful.
    I bought a bottle of Rume and Jeke during their sale.

  29. #89

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Theasylph View Post
    I think Rume is a good choice. It is resinous and has a subtle gourmand quality that is not overly sweet. I believe it to be absolutely beautiful.
    I bought a bottle of Rume and Jeke during their sale.
    Agreed. The drydown of Rume lasts long and is incredible, very warm. I like what Slumberhouse has done with myrrh in Rume and Brosse. Rume is resinous and subtly sweet, as Theasylph said. Brosse is a warm and long-lasting blend of myrrh, tobacco, coffee, and has hints of leather and cocoa. I bought Rume and Jeke during the sale, too.

  30. #90

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Im so regretful, i should buy more than 1 during the sale

  31. #91

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Daniel, you made a good choice. Their compositins are absolutely affordable even when full priced. If you will enjoy Rume you can buy the others whenever you want....
    Last edited by alfarom; 13th December 2011 at 09:17 AM.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  32. #92

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Is this turning into the best American fragrance house?

  33. #93

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Is this turning into the best American fragrance house?
    could be if they would loose the pervasive metallics

  34. #94

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Daniel, you made a good choice. Their compositins are absolutely affordable even when full priced. If you will enjoy Rume you can buy the others whenever you want....
    Yeah, but now they cost about twice the price =(

  35. #95

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    My Rume and Jeke arrived today. Five days from order to mailbox at this time of year is lightning fast. Plus, I ordered the bottles separately after deciding I might as well get Jeke at such a great price, and they refunded the shipping charge for it and combined the shipment. One of my favorite things about a lot of niche and indie perfumers is how accessible the perfumers are; Josh at Slumberhouse and Laurie at Sonoma Scent Studio, for example, are really approachable, and Neil Morris has even participated here on Basenotes.

    Oh, and a good way to keep an eye on what's happening at Slumberhouse is to look at their twitter feed: http://twitter.com/#!/slumberhouse If I'd looked earlier, I would have known what the unlabeled sample vial was. Oh well.
    Last edited by blacksun; 16th December 2011 at 08:14 PM.

  36. #96
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Just broke into my sample of Brosse : Some big strong stuff alright. A little dab'll do yah.

    Not sure I can name all the notes, but it's impressive alright. Odd smoke in the opening then spice as time passes. I put it on around noon, and it seems like one of those things I may still be smelling tomorrow morning.

    Josh said he got monster results as a result of his sale, and so I suspect the idea that this thing has legs is rapidly growing in his mind.

    Pretty darned cool for us Oregonians as well.

  37. #97

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I got my package of 8 samples in the mail on Saturday (Vikt, Flou, Rume, Grev, Brosse, Jeke, Ore, Sana) .. and am feeling overwhelmed.. I think I like every single one of them. I am going to take my time and experience each one.

    I am kicking myself for missing the sale last weekend.. though I would have probably splurged and bought the entire line

  38. #98

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Maybe they ran out of sample packs, because I ordered one along with my bottles of Jeke and Rume, but instead I got a small bottle of Ore (maybe the perfume oil version? I haven't tested it yet), as well as the unlabeled sample. I should email him and ask.

  39. #99

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Matildaben the unlabeled sample is their 3rd amber, they mentioned that in their twitter.

  40. #100

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Sampled Sana tonight. This stuff is unique and interesting. I'm smelling the notes listed in the description. Definitely get a honeyed raspberry note and a floral thistle smell.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

  41. #101

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I also took advantage of the sale at Slumberhouse. Was excited to see the package arrive today. I ordered Vikt (mostly on the strength of alfarom's recs) and Ore. Sprayed on some Vikt and it's quite intense and very sappy indeed. I think I like it... Sprayed some of the Ore on a buddy of mine and I really like that one. The cocoa and the whiskey play off each other very well, I'm excited to give it a full wearing myself. Also included was a nice sample package. Love the hand-labeled bottles and low-key styling. I'm excited to get to know this house!


  42. #102
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Careful with that Brosse, it'll put the hurt on you right quick ←SoGent slang

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  43. #103
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Careful with that Brosse, it'll put the hurt on you right quick

    Shhhhhh....and not a mention of IFRA anywhere.

  44. #104

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    I also took advantage of the sale at Slumberhouse. Was excited to see the package arrive today. I ordered Vikt (mostly on the strength of alfarom's recs) and Ore. Sprayed on some Vikt and it's quite intense and very sappy indeed. I think I like it... Sprayed some of the Ore on a buddy of mine and I really like that one. The cocoa and the whiskey play off each other very well, I'm excited to give it a full wearing myself. Also included was a nice sample package. Love the hand-labeled bottles and low-key styling. I'm excited to get to know this house!
    Nice haul Al. I still strongly believe Vitk and Ore are the standouts of the whole line but I've not tested Brosse yet (it is supposed to get here sometime in the next few days...hopegully)! I like the picture


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  45. #105

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Shhhhhh....and not a mention of IFRA anywhere.
    Step AWAY from the cage birdman, do not let the puddle of the monkey draw you in.
    Looks legit but is actually a twisted troll living in a dank basement in the oregonian bush
    . . . . the avatar explains the rest.

  46. #106
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Step AWAY from the cage birdman, do not let the puddle of the monkey draw you in.
    Looks legit but is actually a twisted troll living in a dank basement in the oregonian bush
    . . . . the avatar explains the rest.
    I'm about to head south for the winter, get the guest room cleaned up.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  47. #107
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    wait, does your trailer have a guest room?

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  48. #108

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I'm about to head south for the winter, get the guest room cleaned up.
    Great - we need another friggin snowbird +

    wait, does your trailer have a guest room?
    why yes, it does mr. puddles - happens to be a high end double-wide. Your mother was afraid to tell you but it's taken for the season. we do, however, have a rather plush outhouse which MAY accommodate your feces fetish - pics available upon request for a nominal pre-registration fee.
    Last edited by SoGent; 21st December 2011 at 11:25 AM.

  49. #109
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Ahem.....on with the show.

    I had the chance to sample Grev today.

    Frankly this is not the kind of juice to wear around women. It p*sses all over Black Aoud, and is the sort of stuff you might wear if you were going into the sketchy part of town and didn't want to get messed with. Kind of like what I picture the guys in the Mad Max movies wearing, if they wanted to get dressy.

    It's strong and interesting in a way that I suspect few commercial frags would ever dare to be, and in a way where you smell it, but where it also feels like it's burning a hole in your wrist if you don't watch it with application.

    I'm willing to give it another chance when it's colder than hell outside, and I'm off on my boards in the woods. It has an "out in the woods" kind of smell, but the sort where, once you reach the heart, you might smell if a recent and massive blow-down event had happened which had smashed all the pine and fir trees, trunks needles and all, to smithereens. Guys in the Northwest who cut wood for their wood stoves will know what I mean, but stronger than that, and more like when you are walking around in the slash. Not cheerful and refreshing, but somewhat violent.

    It's not from France, is what I mean.

    And with cloves.

    Edit ( about a year later ) As I understand there's been several batches of Grev, the first one ( which I believe I had a sample of ) which was fairly of over the top. Apparently the recent batches of Grev are considerably more civilized than what the above review might imply.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 16th November 2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: More info on Grev.

  50. #110

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    CLASSIC birdman .... thank you for the comic relief, I laffed my azz off

  51. #111
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Ahem.....on with the show.

    I had the chance to sample Grev today.

    Frankly this is not the kind of juice to wear around women. It p*sses all over Black Aoud, and is the sort of stuff you might wear if you were going into the sketchy part of town and didn't want to get messed with. Kind of like what I picture the guys in the Mad Max movies wearing, if they wanted to get dressy.

    It's strong and interesting in a way that I suspect few commercial frags would ever dare to be, and in a way where you smell it, but where it also feels like it's burning a hole in your wrist if you don't watch it with application.

    I'm willing to give it another chance when it's colder than hell outside, and I'm off on my boards in the woods. It has an "out in the woods" kind of smell, but the sort where, once you reach the heart, you might smell if a recent and massive blow-down event had happened which had smashed all the pine and fir trees, trunks needles and all, to smithereens. Guys in the Northwest who cut wood for their wood stoves will know what I mean, but stronger than that, and more like when you are walking around in the slash. Not cheerful and refreshing, but somewhat violent.

    It's not from France, is what I mean.

    And with cloves.

    .
    Sounds like a perfect office scent to me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  52. #112
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    CLASSIC birdman .... thank you for the comic relief, I laffed my azz off
    Actually I do plan on wearing it cross-country skiing, as I believe it would be perfect for that. (If we ever get any snow out here in the NorthWest. The Cascades are really starting to hurt in that dept...)

    Josh makes no bones about his stuff coming from a certain urban sensibility, and I can see guys wearing Grev in certain situations like that as well.

    But to my nose it's not a date frag in the conventional sense, nor do I suspect it's intended to be.

  53. #113

    Default Re: Slumberhouse



    I've had good interactions with Slumberhouse. The first time I ordered a sample set of their offerings, it took a bit long to receive. So I contacted them via email. I got a note right away and they apologized for the delay. To make the extra wait bearable they included a few extra samples which I appreciated. I wound up ordering a couple bottles, Jeke & Rume.

    On twitter I started following @slumberhouse and was surprised to win a bottle of Grev just by tweeting an answer to one of the questions they posted.

    All in all I am impressed. It feels like an extremely small perfume operation, but that's one of the benefits of ordering from them. They aren't so big that they don't care.

  54. #114

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Actually I do plan on wearing it cross-country skiing, as I believe it would be perfect for that. (If we ever get any snow out here in the NorthWest. The Cascades are really starting to hurt in that dept...)

    Josh makes no bones about his stuff coming from a certain urban sensibility, and I can see guys wearing Grev in certain situations like that as well.

    But to my nose it's not a date frag in the conventional sense, nor do I suspect it's intended to be.
    i wasn't poking fun @ Grev in the cold Bird, only the 1st sentence.
    i didn't find it so 'skanky' that it had to be relegated to alone time in the bush but I completely understand how it could go there, particularly @ the top end. i would lean toward Sana in the outback, what do you think - am i off base with that ?
    Last edited by SoGent; 22nd December 2011 at 12:05 PM.

  55. #115
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    i didn't find it so 'skanky' that it had to be relegated to alone time in the bush but I completely understand how it could go there, particularly @ the top end
    From what I gather from Josh's twitters, he's more than willing to tweak the formulations of new batches in order to bring them closer to his intentions. There was a note about Grev getting that same treatment, so the sample I have may have been from an earlier batch. The stuff I have is pretty "assertive", in what feels to me like an aggressive sort of way. And lives in the realm of conifer and clove (rather than within the confines of IFRA regulations, I suspect).
    i would lean toward Sana in the outback, what do you think - am i off base with that ?
    I was gifted a bottle of Sana, but have not yet had the chance to give it a wear. I'm at my sister's house for the holiday, and brought it along, and the two of us will give it a try and report back soon.

    We are literally just a couple of miles from where this stuff was made (Josh is "up in Northwest" on 21st, for those who know the Portland area) and what better place to try it than under the environmental conditions the maker has been influenced by.

  56. #116

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I jumped all over the sale and yesterday received jeke, ore, vikt, rume... and mr. slumberhouse tossed in a full bottle of sona and a vial of the amber (i'm guessing, per above) for kicks and grins.

    Today it was jeke. I'll bet $20 its maker knows piper nigrum, appreciating all its spiciness and not just the black pepper, and kolnisch juchten as well for its burning myrrh resin approach to leather. Right up my alley. Bravo.

    Anxious to get to the others but I can tell now that I'll pay a visit after the holidays with miel and brosse inquiries. mr. slumberhouse must've been busy.
    Last edited by DuNezDeBuzier; 22nd December 2011 at 11:49 PM.

  57. #117

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    I jumped all over the sale and yesterday received jeke, ore, vikt, rume... and mr. slumberhouse tossed in a full bottle of sona and a vial of the amber (i'm guessing, per above) for kicks and grins.

    Today it was jeke. I'll bet $20 its maker knows piper nigrum, appreciating all its spiciness and not just the black pepper, and kolnisch juchten as well for its burning myrrh resin approach to leather. Right up my alley. Bravo.

    Anxious to get to the others but I can tell now that I'll pay a visit after the holidays with miel and brosse inquiries. mr. slumberhouse must've been busy.
    I wore Jeke today, too, and I love it. Rume is another favorite. I like these fragrances more every time I wear or test them.

    I like Brosse a lot, too, but the one I'm saving up for is Miel. Amazing honey dominant with perfect "freshly opened pack of cigarettes accord" and leather. It was a super limited edition over the spring/summer but I've heard that it may be back late January. Can't wait.

  58. #118

    Default

    I got a sample set but it didn't have Sana in it. I'm bummed because I wanted to try that one.

  59. #119

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Do they ship internationally and for how much? I sent them an e-mail yesterday, but haven't got a response (yes, I know I should wait for another day or two).

  60. #120

    Default

    According to Twitter, they are closed until 12/29 - it's just one guy, so he probably wants to spend some time doing holiday stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •