Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 790

Thread: Slumberhouse

  1. #1

    Default Slumberhouse

    Just saw that this line is a new addition at Indiescents.com. Wondering if anyone has tried them -- they're based in Portland, Or. and I think a couple of the descriptions (Jeke and Grev) look appealing. I guess that's the idea though.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

  2. #2
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    http://www.indiescents.com/brands/Slumberhouse.html

    Some of these look pretty interesting. ANYONE ???????

  3. #3

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I just blind bought a 30ml extrait de parfum of Vikt (notes include agarwood, styrax and laurel) and a bunch of samples including

    Grev
    Jeke
    Ore
    Kere
    Flou
    Rume


    I'll get back to you guys as soon as I'll have a better idea on how they smell...
    Last edited by alfarom; 23rd November 2011 at 09:29 AM.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  4. #4

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Today I tried Vikt and what a suprise! Vikt has an incredibly bone-dry structure but it smells rich and satisfying. It opens with a bizarre laurel/agarwood (sort of) metallic accord that smells something like "liquorice wheels" and burnt sugar with a remarkable balsamic effect. Intense, dark and bold. Incense make its appearance and perfectly blends with agarwood assuring a warm and confortable drydown that's not very far from Montale's darkest ouds (but finally without rose).

    Extremely modern and bizarre, yet quite intriguing.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  5. #5

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Looking forward to your thoughts! on this line!

    Mur and Verg sound intriguing, too.

  6. #6
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Thanks for the info and update !

  7. #7

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Hi guys, today I tested Grev and after the good surprise I had with Vikt I got a bit disappointed.

    Slumberhouse classifies this as a "post-modern version of an elegant masculine cologne" and, for some aspects, this description is quite fitting.

    A strong and intense concoction of spices (mainly cloves) and herbs with a remarkable balsamic effect. Grev opens with cloves galore and fir. Other spices and herbs make their appearance after a while leading the fragrance to the "Tiger Balm" territory. Extremely balsamic and sort of medicinal. Nice and long lasting but not my type of fragrance.

    While it's not similar at all to Vikt, they share the same "medicinal" vibe. I initally thought it was due to the presence of oud in Vikt and to the cloves/balms in Grev, but I started to suspect it's a sort of brand's signature....let's see what will happen with the other samples...keep you posted
    Last edited by alfarom; 26th August 2011 at 09:10 AM.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  8. #8

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Please keep us posted. The bottles and notes look interesting but I'm always skeptical of a house if it doesn't get talked about much.

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Hi guys, today I tested Grev and after the good surprise I had with Vikt I got a bit disappointed.

    Slumberhouse classifies this as a "post-modern version of an elegant masculine cologne" and, for some aspects, this description is quite fitting.

    A strong and intense concoction of spices (mainly cloves) and herbs with a remarkable balsamic effect. Grev opens with cloves galore and fir. Other spices and herbs make their appearance after a while leading the fragrance to the "Tiger Balm" territory. Extremely balsamic and sort of medicinal. Nice and long lasting but not my type of fragrance.

    While it's not similar at all to Vikt, they share the same "medicinal" vibe. I initally thought it was due to the presence of oud in Vikt and to the cloves/balms in Grev, but I started to suspect it's a sort of brand's signature....let's see what will happen with the other samples...keep you posted
    Last edited by Stew; 9th September 2011 at 09:06 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Today I approached Jeke but, after beeing impressed by Vikt and almost disappointed from Grev, it seems that the surprises are almost over.

    Part Profumum Arso, part Idole De Lubin, Part Bois D'Ombrie. Jeke opens with a strong smoky tobacco note and evolves pretty quickly into a boozy-leather fragrance where leather is definitely lived in but not particularly original. Woody undertones and patchouli add some more edges to this bold and extremely dark composition.

    Everything is surrounded by a bizarre allure I classify as burnt sugar with a medicinal/balsamic/resinous vibe. I already detected this specific effect in both Vikt and Grev and I'm starting to seriously consider that it may be the Slumberhouse's signature.

    Overall Jeke has quite a few interesting apsects but to me it is still somehow crude. So many ideas but none of them as been properly developed giving an overall effect of something incomplete. While Jeke is surely less minimalistic than Vikt I still prefer the latter. I believe the house signature is too prominent, and in this context turns the fragrance to be unbalanced and sort of heavy. Nice but I'l wait for Jeke 1.5 hoping they'll fix some bugs.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  10. #10
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Thanks for the updates.

    Concerning Vikt; How does it compare to notable niche in terms of sillage and longevity? It sounds Montale-ish and I'm curious about it's hang time on the skin.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Thanks for the updates.

    Concerning Vikt; How does it compare to notable niche in terms of sillage and longevity? It sounds Montale-ish and I'm curious about it's hang time on the skin.
    I'ts quite intense but not such as, let's say, Aoud Musk or Dark Aoud. Actually it doesn't smell exactly Montale-ish as it's much more minimalistic but it surely shares with the aforementioned frags the dark allure. The oud is definitely present but more blended with the rest. Sillage is satisfying, longevity is great (12hrs on my skin). Consider that I never go heavy on the trigger with EDPs or Extraits (maximum 4 sprays).


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  12. #12
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I am sampling Vikt and really loving it. The initial camphorous blast is quite jarring and lasts for a while, but then slowly morphs into a very, very dry blend of oud and leather. Sillage and longevity are well above average.

    I find it strange, but quite intoxicating and compelling. I will sample some more before determining if it is FBW - but signs look good.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  13. #13

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Have any of you tried Lanz or Flou? Both are way, WAY off the balsamic/oud/caramelized sugar tone vibe of the others. Lanz is extremely floral and my amateur nose can't seem to decipher much else. Gorgeous scent, and I like floral scents but I'd rather smell Lanz on a lady. As for Flou, this one is intriguing. There's something Earthy underneath the floral notes (which I presume is supposed to be grape meat and leaves). Maybe it's aquatic, or soil? Or both, I don't know yet.

    The only scent that I shun right off the bat is V no.1. The way it slammed my sinuses reminded me of when I was in Navy boot camp where tear gas canisters were lit off inside a closed room and we all had to take off our gas masks. Not an sensation that I wanted to remember, but V no.1 somehow did it. It's odd to me that it's touted as the scent for the female clientele, when Lanz and Flou blow it away. I'm sure others will love it, but not me.

    I still have to get to know Jeke, Rume, Ore, Grev and Vikt.

  14. #14
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    79,277

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuster Cluck View Post
    The only scent that I shun right off the bat is V no.1. The way it slammed my sinuses reminded me of when I was in Navy boot camp where tear gas canisters were lit off inside a closed room and we all had to take off our gas masks.
    Gosh - that doesn't sound pleasant.

  15. #15
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    79,277

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Double Post

  16. #16
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I'ts quite intense but not such as, let's say, Aoud Musk or Dark Aoud. Actually it doesn't smell exactly Montale-ish as it's much more minimalistic but it surely shares with the aforementioned frags the dark allure. The oud is definitely present but more blended with the rest. Sillage is satisfying, longevity is great (12hrs on my skin). Consider that I never go heavy on the trigger with EDPs or Extraits (maximum 4 sprays).
    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am sampling Vikt and really loving it. The initial camphorous blast is quite jarring and lasts for a while, but then slowly morphs into a very, very dry blend of oud and leather. Sillage and longevity are well above average.

    I find it strange, but quite intoxicating and compelling. I will sample some more before determining if it is FBW - but signs look good.
    Thank you fellas. This is good to know. I will most certainly sample it very soon.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I picked up Ore and Meil and was also generously gifted a few samples by the proprietor.

    Ore is exceptional, one of the few gourmands i really enjoy, it's long lasting and doesn't have a strong metallic bite that's been discussed here. Meil, is one of the 3ml perfume oils which reminds me distinctly of the Private Collection Taberome, a tobacco with a heafty dose of honey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Please keep us posted. The bottles and notes look interesting but I'm always skeptical of a house if it doesn't get talked about much.
    It's hardly a year old, living in Portland myself, i've seen quite a bit written up about the house.

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Today I approached Jeke but, after beeing impressed by Vikt and almost disappointed from Grev, it seems that the surprises are almost over.

    Part Profumum Arso, part Idole De Lubin, Part Bois D'Ombrie. Jeke opens with a strong smoky tobacco note and evolves pretty quickly into a boozy-leather fragrance where leather is definitely lived in but not particularly original. Woody undertones and patchouli add some more edges to this bold and extremely dark composition.

    Everything is surrounded by a bizarre allure I classify as burnt sugar with a medicinal/balsamic/resinous vibe. I already detected this specific effect in both Vikt and Grev and I'm starting to seriously consider that it may be the Slumberhouse's signature.

    Overall Jeke has quite a few interesting apsects but to me it is still somehow crude. So many ideas but none of them as been properly developed giving an overall effect of something incomplete. While Jeke is surely less minimalistic than Vikt I still prefer the latter. I believe the house signature is too prominent, and in this context turns the fragrance to be unbalanced and sort of heavy. Nice but I'l wait for Jeke 1.5 hoping they'll fix some bugs.
    Did you pick up any vetiver in Vikt? from your write up, I need to re-sample this one!


    Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Thanks for the updates.

    Concerning Vikt; How does it compare to notable niche in terms of sillage and longevity? It sounds Montale-ish and I'm curious about it's hang time on the skin.
    Im quite a fan of the Montale line and although there is an Oud note (in at least one!) I wouldn't put them in the same family unless we're talking about fun & unique juice.


    Disclaimer, although i live in portland and my name is josh, i have no affiliation with slumberhouse
    Last edited by joshmpdx; 24th September 2011 at 02:49 PM.
    ---
    -josh

    www.imaginaryauthors.com

    Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

  18. #18

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by joshmpdx View Post
    Did you pick up any vetiver in Vikt? from your write up, I need to re-sample this one!
    I don't exclude the presence of vetiver in Vikt but IMO if it's in there, it doesn't play a remarkable role.


    Im quite a fan of the Montale line and although there is an Oud note (in at least one!) I wouldn't put them in the same family unless we're talking about fun & unique juice.
    You're right. As I said in a previous comment it doesn't smell Montale-ish (Vikt) as the oud note is much less harsh, let's say more rounded.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  19. #19

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I finally go to test ORE and wow, this is pretty good...

    Overall it striked me as a sort of "balsamic chocolate" (but not like an "After Eight" LOL). Ore opens dry and rough with a desweetened cacao note. Dark woods remarks their presence right away while a boozy accord concours in adding some warmness during the middle phase and the drydown. The typical balsamic effect already experienced in other compositions of the house (Jeke, Vikt, Grev) is toned down but still pretty remarkable and, IMO, works as a sort of signature.

    This bizarre concoction between edible and inedible elements makes of Ore one of the most original takes on the gourmandic theme. Intense but barely sweet, mysterious, dark and dangerously sexy. Good longevity and projection. Very nice.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  20. #20

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    ^ Great run down! I agree completely.
    ---
    -josh

    www.imaginaryauthors.com

    Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

  21. #21
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Slumberhouse

    I have been looking at the Slumberhouse website for a while now and emiled them a few days ago asking if their fragrances were available to test locally. (I live in Portland, the same city as Slumberhouse.) I got a really nice reply basically saying that they had not yet found a retailer in Portland that matched their criteria to sell their fragrances. They offered a sample pack to me if I would send my address. Nice.

    I also got a separate email with a link to their blog ( http://slumber33.tumblr.com/ ) where they are offering their new perfume oils at extrait strength, and for today only, October 15th, their 15ml oils are half price. So I blind bought their Vikt oil.

    I hope this is a good one but for $30 I don't think I can go too wrong. Wonder if any of you have experience with Slumberhouse Vikt, or others by this niche house.

    Just a note, I have no connection to Slumberhouse.
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Slumberhouse



    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  23. #23

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I've had the same incredibly courteous and enthusiastic exchanges with the guys at Slumberhouse. I haven't bought a full bottle of anything, yet. I've sampled most of their scents and I like a few of them, but I'm still trying to determine which will be my first FB. I'm really looking forward to their next batch of Miel, though, a honey/leather/tobacco perfume oil.

  24. #24
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Yes, they are really nice at Slumberhouse. The next morning after placing my order I got a message that said they wanted to make sure I liked the oil and if I didn't they would send me another different product. He stated that they wanted to make sure every person that supported them by ordering a bottle was completely happy. Not sure if this is because I told them I lived in Portland or whether they treat everyone like that. Most excellent service and I could not be happier with both their communication and their concern for their clients. Hope the perfume oil is equally as satisfying.
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  25. #25

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I blind bought their Vikt oil as well. Looking forward to trying it, as well as some of the others as new batches come out.

  26. #26
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Got my package from Slumberhouse today and my Vikt Oil, on just a sniff out of the bottle, smells really nice. Such a small niche manufacturer that the lettering on the bottle is hand lettered. Got three samples all placed in a small cotton bag and the 30ml of Vikt oil came in a nice velvet bag. He sent a hand written note on really nice expensive paper and wanted to make sure I liked the scent and if I did not to please let him know. This may be the smallest niche house I know of and they are in my city. Very professional and caring for their customers. Just wanted to let you know I got this and I am very excited to try their fragrances.
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  27. #27
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Let us know how you like it. Vikt is the one from this small house that has my interest.

  28. #28
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I'll just show up, where is this place?

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  29. #29
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Well, I could not stand it and I dabbed a tiny bit of the Vikt to my wrist and then touched my wrists together. This is an oil and it is very thick! It is still wet on my wrist. First impression after a few minutes. Sort of sweet, maybe a bit metallic and medicinal. Rather "dark" and suitable for cold weather I would think. Does not scream masculinity or femininity, so it has to be considered unisex by me. Like I said, I used a tiny amount and the silage on this oil seems moderate but it seems to be getting better. So far I love this scent, sort of strange but beautiful at the same time. The note that came with this said " it uses a very nice agarwood that gives it a very rounded & well finished scent". I have no real idea what is in this; the Slumberhouse website simply says Balsam, metallic oils, smoky black agarwood and bronze resins. Fragrantica says agarwood, styrax and bayleaf. I am not nearly the expert at picking out notes as many long time members so I can only really give an impression. So far my impression is that I am impressed. The scent seems to be growing the longer I wear it. I will give a more thourough review at some later time but I would say that if you are interested, get some samples. I believe this is their first oil but I could be wrong...

    Here is the link to Slumberhouse. (Hope this is OK to post.) Check the link to their blog at the top of the page to see information about the new line of oils.

    http://slumberhou.se/

    Note: Om their blog it states that it takes about 10 days to ship and that was indeed the case for me. Don't be too impatient.
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  30. #30
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I rarely blind buy, but I just ordered me some Ore.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  31. #31

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I rarely blind buy, but I just ordered me some Ore.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  32. #32
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I'm all for supporting local

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  33. #33

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I'm all for supporting local
    That's great! It's a very nice outfit and very reasonably priced as well. Here's another discussion on the brand http://www.basenotes.net/threads/273218-Slumberhouse


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  34. #34
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Kote and Verg interest me but it doesn't seem to be available from their site




    yet that indiescent site claims to carry em?

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  35. #35
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Kote and Verg interest me but it doesn't seem to be available from their site




    yet that indiescent site claims to carry em?
    I get the impression is that Slumberhouse is a very small outfit. Josh said in one of his emails, "I really hope you enjoy the Vikt. I believe it to be the finest batch of the stuff I've created to date. Almost wanted to keep this (small) batch for myself. Enjoy it - if you don't please let me know." Why not email Josh and find out the availability? 33@slumberhou.se

    Do you live in Portland?
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  36. #36

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    My wallet is gonna take a hit thanks to you guys

    PS: Has anyone tried their Amber oil Private Reserve scent? It was in their page almost 2 months ago, now I think it's gone, saying they'll come out with a new batch later this year.

  37. #37
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I have never tried that one, but like I said, email Josh. (See above.) He indicated to me that he has a number of things resting and will release them later. He will reply in a day or two. Great customer service!
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  38. #38

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I have never tried that one, but like I said, email Josh. (See above.) He indicated to me that he has a number of things resting and will release them later. He will reply in a day or two. Great customer service!
    Agreed all around. Very personal and accessible to customers. I'm impressed all around with what I've experienced so far and am looking forward to what will come out of Slumberhouse.

  39. #39
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I get the impression is that Slumberhouse is a very small outfit. Josh said in one of his emails, "I really hope you enjoy the Vikt. I believe it to be the finest batch of the stuff I've created to date. Almost wanted to keep this (small) batch for myself. Enjoy it - if you don't please let me know." Why not email Josh and find out the availability? 33@slumberhou.se

    Do you live in Portland?

    close enough, east 'couve/camas.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  40. #40

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I have never tried that one, but like I said, email Josh. (See above.) He indicated to me that he has a number of things resting and will release them later. He will reply in a day or two. Great customer service!
    Thanks! I'll be sure to email them soon.

  41. #41
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    This bizarre concoction between edible and inedible elements makes of Ore one of the most original takes on the gourmandic theme. Intense but barely sweet, mysterious, dark and dangerously sexy. Good longevity and projection. Very nice.
    Absolutely, this is a well done gourmy. Thierry Mugler could learn a thing or two from Slumberhouse.


    A few hours in I had the urge to spray another one of my inbound packages from today, I hit the same arm with Rose 31.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  42. #42
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    he also sent me 3 other samples, Jeke, Rume and one called Brosse?


    I can't find anything on Brosse, am I spelling it wrong or is it possibly new?

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  43. #43

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I bought the Vikt and like it a lot. Jeke is good, too. Don't like the Grev so much. I'd be curious to hear about the Brosse and Rume.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

  44. #44

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I can't find anything on Brosse, am I spelling it wrong or is it possibly new?
    Never heard bout this. Probably this is a new one...have you tried it yet?


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  45. #45

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Never heard bout this. Probably this is a new one...have you tried it yet?
    http://slumberhou.se/private

    It says...

    "30ml / $90 / strength: extrait @ 40%

    Im so proud to present this perfume called Brosse. This first batch is available in a very small quantity (a much larger 2nd batch is now underway and should be available in early March) and samples are available as well.....

    ....Brosse is a deep, spicy, warm, animalic fragrance. It was created under very unique circumstances and I cannot be any more proud of the final result."

  46. #46

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    ^^^^^ need to test it!


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  47. #47

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    he also sent me 3 other samples, Jeke, Rume and one called Brosse?

    I can't find anything on Brosse, am I spelling it wrong or is it possibly new?
    what did you think of Rume & Brosse ?

  48. #48
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I haven't tried the samples yet, I'd do it now but I gotta hit up a go to scent for my night out.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  49. #49

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I ended up getting a set of samples myself (Jeke, Vikt, Grev, Rume, and Ore), and so far I'm liking Vikt and Jeke the most.

    At first sniff, I'd say that Rume is accurately described on the site. Maybe the hazelnut note is throwing me off, but I'm reminded of a friend's treasured collection of BPAL Pumpkin Patch fragrances - rich, autumnal, comfortably dark, and not overly gourmand. I may have to give it a full wear even though I usually hate gourmands.

  50. #50
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Not quite sure what the story is, but the links on the site which allow you to contact the owner don't work any more, and the note I sent to 33@slumberhou.se was sent back as undeliverable.

    Just ordered a bunch of samples, so hoping that part still works.

    I'll let you all know how things shake out.

  51. #51

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    That is strange. I just sent an email to that address about fifteen minutes ago and it wasn't returned. I know this is like asking "is there gas in it" or "did you turn it on" but maybe check the address you emailed to?

    Not sure if this is much consolation, but I have always had great response and service from the guys there. Yes, please let us know what you find out!

  52. #52

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Double post.
    Last edited by blacksun; 1st December 2011 at 08:40 PM.

  53. #53

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Not quite sure what the story is, but the links on the site which allow you to contact the owner don't work any more, and the note I sent to 33@slumberhou.se was sent back as undeliverable.

    Just ordered a bunch of samples, so hoping that part still works.

    I'll let you all know how things shake out.
    I never had problems in communicating with them but lately I had to contact them asking a few informations about an article I'm writing for a blog and my email was undelivered....weird


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  54. #54
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I emailed Slumberhouse at the address in the post just above this an hour ago and it has not been returned. And yesterday I got a small package with samples of two new fragrances that I have yet to try. This is a very small operation, probably from his house. Sometimes a bit slow but always gets back with you. Sometimes his batches are so very small and he takes time to let them mature. I would suggest trying again to email them.
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  55. #55

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I emailed earlier this afternoon and heard back tonight, so I'm not sure why some of the emails are being returned. I used the address on the website. Like Akahina said, they're a small operation but they always get back with you. At least that has been my experience. So, the email still works and Slumberhouse is alive and well. Hopefully you're able to get through, Birdboy and Alfarom. Keep trying. My bottle of Brosse is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

  56. #56
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    OK, my bad here. When I click their "contact" icon ( I was unable to locate a printed address anywhere on their site) a microscopic e-mail address does show up in a tiny little box at the bottom of the page on my browser which disappears the moment I try and move my mouse down there to copy it, and in my attempts to memorize the thing I just got it wrong. On my sister's computer (an Apple) apparently something larger comes up, and she is able to e-mail directly, so I apologize (Josh, to you too if you are reading this) for the false alarm.

    I sent off for their full line of samples, and am looking forward to seeing what they are up to. As others mentioned, their total production seems very limited at this point in time, so I suspect those who purchase full bottles will have something that few others have.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 2nd December 2011 at 02:56 AM.

  57. #57
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    I opened the package I just got and Brosse was one of them, so I quickly opened it and applied a dab. First time smelling this and I have never smelled anything like this. So many notes and things going on in this one. Deep with an old cold church kind of feeling and at the same time warm and cozy. Not sure of the silage on this as I have only used a tiny sample, but I don't care. This is one I want for me.
    My Favorites

    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense



    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  58. #58
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Brosse is BRUTALLY HEAVY!

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  59. #59

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Thanks for the impressions of Brosse, guys. I blind bought this one and it should be here today. Crazy, I know, but based on your current faves, Akahina, I think I'll be glad I did. I like Rume, Jeke, and Vikt, and will likely get them all over the course of the next year. And there's another coming called Miel that is an amazing honey/tobacco/black tea dominant scent. He made a small batch this past year and said he's working on another, and I will be buying more than I'll ever need in a lifetime, I'm sure.

  60. #60

    Default Re: Slumberhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Brosse is BRUTALLY HEAVY!
    more like brutally underwhelming . . . . Sana is bazillions betta for my cash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •