Code of Conduct

Default Scent Mall (Bulgaria) order not sent nor refund given

Basenoters,

Does anyone have any experience of Scent Mall online shop, based in Bulgaria? (http://www.scentmall.org)

Last November I ordered 4 different scents from them on the same order. I received an incorrect order of 4 x 100ml Coco Mademoiselle. I contacted customer support and told them I would be returning the Coco as these were not what I had ordered.

Scent Mall replied with a courteous signed email, and offered me an extra £20 if I would keep the Coco instead of my original order, and informed me that the Coco was worth more than my orginal order. I declined and returned the Coco.

Scent Mall said they would 'redeliver' my original order. I have exchanged several emails with them, and each reply from them is more terse and unsigned. Now they don't respond at all.

Meanwhile, I have recieved neither my order nor my credit card payment refund.

This is my first bad experience in 5 years of online shopping for perfumes.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Default Re: Scent Mall (Bulgaria) order not sent nor refund given

Scent Mall is a scam company. They have a few websites under different names. I saw by chance their website and they advertised they had Gucci III, a frag I'll give a leg and an arm to possess. The price was suspiciously low. I was surprised they are based in Bulgaria but ship to foreign countries as no other bulgarian site does that. They are no longer registered with the Bulgarian chamber of commerce (I checked). I also find it strange they had a contact number in the UK and an adress in a residential building in Sofia (I know of legit frag companies with such adresses though). I urge You to contact Your Bank and explain the situation ASAP. Very anoying. They have duped many people. I read tons of negative reviews and did not order. Good luck!

Nevena, thank you for that valuable information, it sounds as if you have done a lot of research. I'm glad you found out before ordering.

I will contact my bank, but I will not give in badgering Scent Mall. I think their scam needs to be widely publicised.

Thanks again for your supportive message.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Just google the site name + scam and see what comes out!!! They keep opening new sites - .co.uk, .net, .org whenever they get closed down. I'm really surprised noone can stop them as the site and tel numbers are in the EU and under EU legislation. Did not You notice the UK phone number looks odd? After the usual Greater London code 0044208 the number starts with 1. 133 0908 is an unusual number. That's what got me thinking. Anyway... here is the consumer complaints page:

http://ecc.kzp.bg/index.php?mode=vie...ocument_id=152

Fill the forms ASAP. Also, try to contact other organisations and see if they can help.

I'm amazed people order fm obscure sites without checking reports. Even stranger: they order 3-4 perfumes at once. Next time:

1) Google the site name + the word scam! Google the company adress.

2) Check threads on forums and beware of "satisfied customers" with 1 posts.

3) Open a thread and ask! Most people here, on fragrantica and other forums are genuine. If You come across a native speaker, ask them to check the forums. Most of the ripped off customers are in the country (town) where company is based and many do not write here and do not speak english.

4) To get a discontinued frag on the cheap is normal. It's unlikely to get a genuine Chanel, Serge Lutens etc for peanuts. No one will copy Cabotine and Narcisse Chloe, because the original frags are available online for a tenner. A Coco Mademoiselle or Dior Addict copy earns them a high margin. I'll never order a popular high end fragrance off un unknown site.

5) Never buy more then one frag at a time for the first few purchases! Even if that saves You on postage fees.

Good luck and keep us posted!

The UK ECC may be able to help you get a refund but please also log a case with Action Fraud
    http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/
    They UK ECC cannot do anything about the company, just help try and mediate with them for a refund.
    Action Fraud can hopefully stop this company.
    Scentmall are owned by Perfumes Ltd and also trade under such companies as Perfumes Ltd, RadiNaydev.com, Perfumes BG, Scentmallcatalog.com and scentmallpromotions.com
    Avoid at all costs and if anyone else gets ripped off, please go firstly to Action Fraud and report a case and secondly to the UK ECC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Basenoters,

Last November I ordered 4 different scents from them on the same order. I received an incorrect order of 4 x 100ml Coco Mademoiselle. .
    Just FYI, they won't be real Coco Mademoiselle. If you open them you will find a bad copy of this perfume.

Default Do NOT order from Scent Mall!

I have been badly let down by an online perfume company currently trading under the
    name of Scent Mall. They appear to be a British company, but are actually operating from
    the Seychelles and Bulgaria (Sophia).

I ordered some Cristobal and got sent a FAKE coco Mademoiselle in a flimsy jiffy bag
    with no invoice note included. I am worried that they now have my credit card details!

The helpline number doesn't exist (number unobtainable each time I ring) and the e-mail
    address just churns out generic, unhelpful answers about dealing with the problem over the
    course of the next few weeks.

Has anyone else had problems with this site? Any ideas how I can get my money refunded?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: Do NOT order from Scent Mall!

Check out the Makeup Alley site, there is a member there who is compiling data for a case against Scent Mall. You should be able to get quite a bit of information from her by just searching the site for "Scent Mall". I'm sorry you're having trouble - apparently this so-called "company" has scammed many people. Most seem to have a story just like yours.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

kewart, file a claim with your credit card issuing bank.
    They can reverse the charges, and it might be a good idea for them to issue you a new card as well ASAP.

Basenotes Plus

I was just going to echo 30 Roses and say contact your Credit Card provider and they'll refund the charges. Thanks for the warning re Scent Mail.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I second the advice by Roses. Contact your credit card company, have them close your account and issue you a new card.

Thank you for passing on the word about this company.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

So sorry to hear that... Contact BigEars on MUA... She's the one compiling all info to sue Scent Mall...

Blog Entries

EEK!!! Thanks for the warning. I just hate it when bad things happen to good people. Thankfully, the credit card people will help you if you inform them.

Horrible news. So sorry. I recently got burnen by a Bulgarian seller on Etsy, but fortunately used paypal. The credit card company should be all over them and I think you can file a USPS claim as it is fraud.

Thank You for the warning!!! Sorry to hear about this problem.....It sure sounds like everyone has given You Great advice about Your credit card and order!!! The Basenotes Community is such a Great Community!!!
    Gary

Update that I read on MUA: useless to contact your CC issuing company, but to contact the European Consumers Association... Apparently, they resolve the issue faster...

I am so glad I came across this thread. I would have ordered from this company today but luckily for me their web site was doing odd things & I couldn't input my card details!Phew!!! talk about a lucky escape. I am sorry for those that have been caught by these low life. One tip, if I'm not too sure about a company I always click on the "contact us" button & if an address isn't listed I NEVER order.

SHOULD BE MINUS MINUS 1 STAR RATING!!!!

LIKE SO MANY OTHERS SAY - 'DO NOT ORDER FROM SCENT MALL' I ORDERED FENDI AND GOT COCO MADEMOISELLE DELIVERED IN A STRANGE LOOKING PACKAGE WITH NO DELIVERY DETAILS INCLUDED. THE PERFUME IS FAKE AND THEY HAVE CONTACTED ME TO SAY I CAN KEEP IT AT NO EXTRA COST TO MYSELF OR RETURN IT AT MY OWN EXPENSE BUT HAVE NOT PROVIDED A DELIVERY ADDRESS.

I CONTACTED CCBILL WHO ARE THE SECURITY LINK I HAD TO GO THROUGH BEFORE ORDER WAS COMPLETED AND THEY SHOW ON MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT - I WROTE TO THEM VIA EMAIL INFORMING THEM OF THIS DODGY COMPANY AND THEY HAVE OFFERED A FULL REFUND AS DID MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY WHO JUST ASKED ME TO SEND COPIES OF ALL EMAILS ETC.

I WILL AWAIT REFUND FROM CCBILL. GOOD LOOK EVERYONE HOPE THIS HELPS. I AM ALSO REPORTING TO EVERYONE I CAN - TRADING STANDARD, POLICE FRAUD DIVISION, ETC., ETC., COMPANIES SUCH AS THIS NEED TO BE STOPPED ONCE AND FOR ALL

JUST WISH I HAD NOT BEEN SO STUPID NOT TO DO FULL RESEARCH FIRST. AS THE SAYING GOES IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT USUALLY IS.

Last edited by beno; 30th April 2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: SO EAGER TO GET STATEMENT DOWN I TYPED TO QUICK MADE TOO MANY MISTAKES

And they are still advertising on Ebay which would I think gives them some credibility.............unfortunately!

I would be really glad to know the link on Ebay where they are selling this - I have searched through and seen perfume from Bulgaria - is this them?

I am doing everything I can to stop this company - Good news I have received a full refund from CCBill the Security Link I had to use to make payment after sending them an email explaining what happened.

Be Good to get link Please.

Regards

Sarah Janackovic

Quote Originally Posted by beno View Post
    I would be really glad to know the link on Ebay where they are selling this - I have searched through and seen perfume from Bulgaria - is this them?

I am doing everything I can to stop this company - Good news I have received a full refund from CCBill the Security Link I had to use to make payment after sending them an email explaining what happened.

Regards

Sarah Janackovic
    Hi there, Thanks for the information. I have had similar issues using this company. I have emailed support@ccbill.com with details of my transaction. I hope to hear from them soon. Not sure about them advertising on Ebay.

Angry Re: Do NOT order from Scent Mall!

I had the same experience as most of you - recieved Coco Madamoiselle. It was broken when it arrived. I was convinced they had resonable customer services as they asked me to email photos through. I arranged to return the products at my expense but they said they never recieved them back - surprise surprise. Anyway the reason I need to write on this is because on checking the advise you give about obtaining a refund from CCbill, I noted CCbill tell me they paid "perfumes.bg." Scent mall appears not to be trading but perfumes.bg are with the same address in Bulgaria as Scentmall So please be aware.

Just to let you all know, Scentmall have finally been stopped! This is a translation from an article this week in a Bugarian newspaper...
    Employees CDCOC ceased distribution of quality counterfeit perfumes from famous brands, the press office of the Ministry. Spetspolitsaite of "Computer crime, intellectual property and gambling in CDCOC investigate reports submitted by many customers from Denmark, Germany and England, and Bulgaria. They explained that they were misled by offered through access to worldwide Internet sites - www.scentmall.org, www.scentmall.net, www.scentmallpromotions.com, www.scentmallcatalog.com, www.scentmallreviews.co.uk and purchased substandard perfumes bearing the name of global brands. During the investigation has been found that the owner of the electronic stores is R.N. / 28d.. So, along with employees of the metropolitan Fourth WDP and Patent Office, was planned and carried out special operation on the territory of the capital. In searches carried out by shops and warehouses, managed by the firm of R.N. were found and seized a large number of high-quality fakes. Phased and operation of electronic stores. Prevent damage to the rightholders of the trademarks are worth 150 000 leva against illegal trader pre-trial proceedings chl.172B the Criminal Code for an offense against intellectual and industrial property, which is punishable by imprisonment up to 5 years . CDCOC Systematic action in combating organized crime in the area of ​​abuse of intellectual and industrial property in the Strategy of MI and Action Plan adopted by Council on the protection of intellectual property to the Minister of Culture of Bulgaria. / BGNES /
    If you are still waiting for a refund you may find it a problem now.
    Please also be aware that they still have other websites that are still operating, namely essence-store.com and perfumes.bg and styleandbeauty.net

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joyce View Post
    Just to let you all know, Scentmall have finally been stopped! This is a translation from an article this week in a Bugarian newspaper...

If you are still waiting for a refund you may find it a problem now.
    Please also be aware that they still have other websites that are still operating, namely essence-store.com and perfumes.bg and styleandbeauty.net
    hallo,

did you know somebady who get the money von scent mall back?

Maybu I was the lost one ho ordered something from scent mall, I can not believe that I make so stupid mistake!
    Can you give me an Advance how get me Money back?

bachippy

Quote Originally Posted by beno View Post

Regards

Sarah Janackovic
    This is the page on eBay where I first discovered Essence-Store who seem to be run by the same scam artist as Scent Mall and Style&Beauty.net.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    First sponsored link for Dior Addict Eau Fraiche is what caught my eye as I've been trying to get some for ages & listed with totally legitimate companys.
    I had seen it on Style&Beauty a few weeks ago and had been disappointed when I looked a couple of days ago and found the website had disappeared but as this one was found as a sponsored link on eBay I expected it to be legit so didn't do my usual checks.
    I placed an order, happy that there was a London phone number clearly displayed. Only after I had completed the transaction did I start to worry when I could find a UK (or any) address anywhere. Then I started looking further and found multiple websites detailing the various scam sites with Bulgarian and Seychelles addresses.

I immediately (even though it was 2am) alrrted my credit card company and although they could stop the already authorised transaction they blocked my card from further charges. I also e-mailed Essence-store within 10mins of placing the order asking them to cancel the order as I'd ordered the wrong item. I told them that once the transaction was refunded I'd redo the order correctly. Didn't think it'd work but I did get a reply e-mail this morning saying the order had been cancelled so fingers crossed they'll never fully process the transaction. If they do then it'll be clear fraud and the card company should cancel it.

Never fallen foul of fraudsters in 12yrs and luckily seem to have not been ripped off for £45 this time but lesson learnt. I'm going to be much more vigilant from now on.

Just to say that, almost 4 months to the day after they deducted payment for a fake version of a Dior perfume I didn't order, Scentmall (Perfumes Ltd) have reimbursed me!!!

This is entirely thanks to <v.petkov@kzp.bg>, aka Ventsislav Petkov - Legal Advisor - ECC Bulgaria. It took several emails (I'd say about 8), with me getting rather shirty as time went on, but he managed.

Good luck to everyone trying for a refund. Persist!!

I ordered from Scentmall in January this year , then read the reviews and got that sick feeling in my stomach. Sure enough I received fake perfume , they told me how to send it back but then did not answer any other emails after that. I contacted the European Consumer Council who liaised with their Bulgarian counterparts and after 5 months in total I got all my money back , including the debit card charge and the cost of returning the perfume. Getting a refund can be done with the ECC's help , but best not to order at all.

Unfortunately I too have been a victim of Scent Mall. I too ordered 4 bottles of perfume in March and they sent me 4 bottles of another perfume. I opted to return them at my own cost, even though they tried to encourage me to keep them as they were more expensive than what I ordered. I duly returned them, and even after 2 months they still said they hadn't received them. So, I got Royal Mail to look into it for me and they confirmed that the items were delivered in April. I then emailed scent mall informing them of this, but I got the 'postmaster delivery failed' reply.
    I then googled Scent Mall and came across this forum and my heart sank!! Thankfully though, after reading through everyones experiences with Scent Mall, I took Beno's advice and emailed CCbilling customer support (the secure site through which I made my payment to Scent Mall).
    They replied within 48 hours stating that my account would be credited with a full refund.
    The very same day my account was credited with the £120 I had paid Scent Mall. Result!!
    I can't thank them enough, and after years of shopping online, this has made me very wary.
    A lesson learned I hope!!

I am new to this site but I must warn everyone DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM SCENT MALL!!!! A year ago I ordered a bottle of Alien for my daughter's 21st birthday but received a scruffy bottle of Angel which wasn't Angel. I complained to the UK European Consumer Centre who took up my case (and several others I believe) with their Bulgarian counterparts. I received a complete refund of £31.69 only last week. SUCCESS!! I will not be using any more companies who I know nothing about - I should have done my research - there were adverse reports on the internet. I consider myself very lucky that I got a refund although after almost a year I had given up hope. Be warned! Cheap Smells is the best site for perfumes and they are HONEST!
    Last edited by missdiamonique; 29th August 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missdiamonique View Post
    I am new to this site but I must warn everyone DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM SCENT MALL!!!! A year ago I ordered a bottle of Alien for my daughter's 21st birthday but received a scruffy bottle of Angel which wasn't Angel. I complained to the UK European Consumer Centre who took up my case (and several others I believe) with their Bulgarian counterparts. I received a complete refund of £31.69 only last week. SUCCESS!! I will not be using any more companies who I know nothing about - I should have done my research - there were adverse reports on the internet. I consider myself very lucky that I got a refund although after almost a year I had given up hope. Be warned! Cheap Smells is the best site for perfumes and they are HONEST!
    Yes, if you had read this thread from its beginning you would have seen that it had already been made abundantly clear that this was a scam company. I am glad that everyone seems to either know about them or has this thread available if read. I am also glad to hear some got their money back. Frankly just the mention of "Bulgaria" with re: to a mail order perfumes company would have set my warning sirens ready to wail! While I have nothing against Bulgaria or Bulgarians, that is an odd location for such a business because they have such a hard time in obtaining legitimate scents. I don't think I would patronize any company outside of my own country because of these increasingly restrictive postal policies.
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Whilst I won't dignify your unnecessary criticisms with a direct reply, I was merely pointing out to anyone who has had similar problems to me that if you contact the right people there is hope that you will get your money back!

Same here!! I placed 2 orders in october 2010 (silly me) and nothing!! I keep sending them emails to complain and nothing....

I did not get the orders or the money back, do not buy there!! They are thieves!!!!!

Could you please explain how to contact the ECC to get a refund????
    I still keep all the emails back and forth and the invoices
    I also got coco channel that I did not order, I sent it back, they DID told me they received them but never got the replacement or the refund.

Thanks

The e-mail address for the ECC is ecc@tsi.org.uk (a lady called Laura Ferguson helped me). They can't really do anything legally - they communicate with their Bulgarian counterparts but I was lucky. I didn't use my credit card or I would have been covered by that. I have now stopped my debit card at the bank as I don't trust these criminals not to reclaim the refund. I bought the perfume for my daughter's 21st last year and she will be 22 on Saturday! Good luck - you'll need it. I can't understand why people are still buying from these scammers - there is enough adverse publicity on them!

Well reading this thread has been an eye opener!

Exclamation Re: Scent Mall (Bulgaria) order not sent nor refund given

[QUOTE=Sestra;2092550]Basenoters,

I bought off of scent mall a couple of yrs ago, i was looking for a perfume that was no longer being made by escada and this scent mall place was the only place claiming to have any left...so i paid £35 and postage and waited....and waited....and waited...contacted them and they informed me it was on way and was given innacurate tracking...finally 5 weeks later i got a parcel!! i was so excited but when i opened it, it was NO escada perfume!! but armani diamonds!! and a really BAD copy of it too . i got back in contact explaining (you can only contact via email phone number doesnt work, how convenient!) my situation, and all i got was, 'send it back for refund' i though 'yeah right' then id have nothing!!! so i just gave it to a friend, they are fraudulent and need to be stopped, or atleast everyone needs to know NOT to go there!! xx