Code of Conduct

Default How Much Different Is BIGARADE CONCENTRÉE From VOYAGE DE HERMES and TERRE DE HERMES??

another dumb comparison question..sort of.

How Much Different Is BIGARADE CONCENTRÉE From VOYAGE DE HERMES and TERRE DE HERMES??

I really like Voyage Hermes but I thought Terre was a little heavy and my girl firend hated it

Looking at Hermes Orange Vert for summer and maybe Bigarade too.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: How Much Different Is BIGARADE CONCENTRÉE From VOYAGE DE HERMES and TERRE DE HERMES??

Extremely different
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Default Re: How Much Different Is BIGARADE CONCENTRÉE From VOYAGE DE HERMES and TERRE DE HERMES??

Bigarade Concentree gives you the fresh, true to life orange peel smell the others dont, well i have not tried Voyage but BC ultimately dries down to an orangey, rosy hay like skin scent. I love it.

Very different.

Very different indeed.

oohh about $80.....

Yes, they are different, but I can't say they are all completely different. Jean Claude Ellena is a riff driven perfumer - especially in his masculine offerings, and he's been riffing on his own Declaration (which was inspired by Edmond Roudnitska's Eau d'Hermes) since 1998. I think one can smell bits of Declaration in all three of these compositions: orange, cumin and flinty minerals.

Basenotes Institution

Just because you like Voyage d'Hermes does not mean you will like all of the other Jean Claude Ellena fragrances. I know this personally, as I am a big fan of his work, but there are others that I detest.

You, sir, need to test these ON YOUR SKIN before you make your decision.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

BC is true to life bitter orange peeled off with the rind and dries off to a hay and ceder slightly powdery and sweaty (cumin) drydown.

TDH is sour grapefruit merged with the effervescence of benzoin and mineral notes and later dries into a cedar wood and ISO E super centric scent.

Very different.

It strikes me as more classical than TdH & Voyage, it hearkens back towards an earlier time. I agree with Kevin totally about riffing on a theme and I think BC marks a transition from the fullbodied Declaration to the more obviously abstract TdH et al. I suspect the smooth sophistication of BC (I love the stuff) may be in part due to the fact that JCE was working with Frederic Malle and they had already cast a role for it to play . . . just speculation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Yes, they are different, but I can't say they are all completely different. Jean Claude Ellena is a riff driven perfumer - especially in his masculine offerings, and he's been riffing on his own Declaration (which was inspired by Edmond Roudnitska's Eau d'Hermes) since 1998. I think one can smell bits of Declaration in all three of these compositions: orange, cumin and flinty minerals.
    +1 I can smell bits on all three.

Well, they're all Ellena creations and all variations on the bitter orange theme, but they're quite different. Bigarade Concentree is most similar to Terre d'Hermes Pure Parufm, but to me it has an even stronger sweaty/cumin/body odor tone.

Personally, I adore Concentree d'Orange Verte; I like Terre d'Hermes EDT; I dislike Terre d'Hermes EDP; and I hate Bigarade Concentree. But your nose will be different.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I happen to love Voyage. I think its a great unique scent.

Dont you hate it when the lady hates the stuff you love? I do

Kevin said pretty much all IMO.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here