Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which fragrance best conjures up the idea of "Forest" for you and what type of forest is conjure

These are great recommendations. This thread reminds me of one of my fragrance fantasies: a perfume that evokes the ponderosa pine forests of the southwest where I grew up, which have bark that smells like vanilla. It's so lovely to walk through a vanilla-scented forest.

Miller Harris Vetiver Bourbon smells like a forest floor, very dark and earthy. I think if you combined it with something woody like CDG Hinoki you'd have the whole forest covered!

Default Re: Which fragrance best conjures up the idea of "Forest" for you and what type of forest is conjure

+1 Fleur de Liane

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Oh how I love this topic! I will make notes of these suggestions.
    No list of this sort would be complete without my beloved Knize Forest, a mossy old-school romp through the woods.
    +1

Cdg's Zagorsk (a siberian forest in the late fall)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by pearlfingering View Post
    She really nails wood scents, and it's interesting to hear that it reminds you of England. I always think of the Pacific Northwest, because her woodiest scent to me is Rainforest. But then she has Rebellius with my favorite Seville lavender, champaca and tabac blond that she classifies as an oriental leather.
    Great topic! And thanks for mentioning Rainforest, it sounds amazing.

Oh, I am bumping this thread.

Currently wearing Moss & Ivy by "For Strange Women," an etsy shop. Natural essentials and absolutes in a carrier oil base. The creator describes it as a "forest in a bottle," and I agree. I come from the Northeastern US, and I'd say this is springtime forest, and the trees are oak, maple and the like. I'm getting different notes depending on the day, my body chemistry etc. Sometimes it's lushly round, like earthy ferns and moist moss, and sometimes a bit dryer and smoky woodsier, but not overly sharp and crispy (which has it's own charm). It has basil, which I love, but the basil doesn't come out as summer garden, tomato-stem basil, rather, something deeper.

I want to try Ken Russell's recommendations!

Basenotes Junkie

Hermes Apres La Mousson
    Hermes Sur Le Nil

Polo Modern Reserve reminds me of walking through a forrest at night and stumbling upon Paul Bunyan's log cabin with a camp fire roasting nearby.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock