Code of Conduct

Default How to add perfumes to my wardrobe if they are not in directory?

Was wondering if anyone can let me know how to add perfumes to my wardrobe when they are not listed in the directory?

Also, how do we add them to the directory?

Thank you!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: How to add perfumes to my wardrobe if they are not in directory?

Go to "Forum" & scroll down to section: Missing Fragrances List follow directions from there.

http://www.basenotes.net/forums/35-M...ragrances-List
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie Day View Post
    Was wondering if anyone can let me know how to add perfumes to my wardrobe when they are not listed in the directory?Also, how do we add them to the directory?

Thank you!
    I would like also to know if this is possible, and how. Have searched & experimented but to no avail.

Some people have an additional list above the wardrobe with fragrances that are not in the directory. How do you do that?

Use this link:

http://www.basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/settings

and then add your fragrances in the My Collection box.

There used to be a Settings button on the wardrobe page, but it is now missing temporarily while Grant recodes the wardrobe features. I'm sure it will reappear in the future.

hmm, couldn't get this to work.
    I tried the link you provided (thank you) - took me to big blank page with menu bar on the side with links to the new site.

Also tried going to my wardrobe then typing "old" in front of wardrobe-did show me my wardrobe in old style but as soon as click on "collection" went to new site.

Also tried going to my wardrobe then typing "old" in front of wardrobe and /settings on the end - just took me back to the big blank page with the menu bar on the side with links to the new site.

Maybe the people with extra stuff just have stuff that carried over in the conversion?

Oh well. Will wait, it's certainly not anything critically important. But if anyone is successfully adding stuff that's not in the Directory please do post.

Perhaps the link goes to a cached old wardrobe page which Grant made before he changed the wardrobe code. I think only members having a wardrobe before that would have the cached page. I'm assuming that if you created a wardrobe after a certain date that you won't have the old page.

Maybe someone else can help.

^^ You're correct about the old page link, as to if someone who only started a wardrobe before the ravamp can access that, i'm not sure.

Frenchie, that wardrobe link will take you to the old BN's format. Just type into the blank boxes what you want to appear above each section of your wardrobe (ie the list of what you own that's not in the directory) and then save the updates. That whole left side menu is the old version of bn's but the new wardrobe doesn't seem to have a current link to add notes...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I did finally get this to work, THANK YOU. Can't remember exactly what I ended up typing in the address bar but made it to the old wardrobe settings eventually instead of getting routed back to the new ones It worked, I added the little message at the top and the other stuff didn't disappear.

Thank you guys!!!!

I was really annoyed when I couldn't list all my bottles in the wardrobe. I feel like it's not real if it's not in the Basenotes wardrobe LOL

Basenotes Plus

Thank you! I know Grant plans to reintegrate settings but i am happy for this work-around link.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

There is a bug converting from the cached old wardrobe page to the new wardrobe page.

I have many fragrances not in the Directory which I have added manually as text. They appear correct on the cached page when I add them, but when I go to the new wardrobe page the list is truncated. I must have 30-40 fragrances missing from the bottom of the list, and every time I add a new one above, another one disappears from the bottom.

I assume that there is a limit to the number of lines or characters allowed in this text area on the new wardrobe page. So if you do have a lot of frags you've added manually, don't be surprised if the list gets truncated when you see it on the new page.

I hope Grant will fix this as he continues to work on the wardrobe feature.

Basenotes Plus

OK noggs, thanks for the tip!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Use this link:

http://www.basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/settings

and then add your fragrances in the My Collection box.

There used to be a Settings button on the wardrobe page, but it is now missing temporarily while Grant recodes the wardrobe features. I'm sure it will reappear in the future.
    This stopped to work recently? Or its just for me?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    This stopped to work recently? Or its just for me?
    I just tried it, and it worked for me. Make sure that you're logged in. Not sure what else could be the problem.