Code of Conduct

Default can you suggest a better mainstream green to 212 men?

would prefer to stay modern say nothing below 1990. i would just have difficulty finding them.

thanks!
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (19051996)

Sur la Plage

Default Re: can you suggest a better mainstream green to 212 men?

Mugler Cologne
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Paradox Green

im sorry but i didnt get your question... are you looking for a scent similar to 212 but only greener?

If you are in Manila I suggest visting Rustan's in Makati and checking out the Annick Goutal and Diptyque lines. If you can get past the mental barrier of wearing a fragrance marketed to women, try Ninfeo Mio or Folavril by Goutal. Among the Diptyques try Philosykos, Eau de Lierre, and perhaps L'Eau Trois or Virgilio if they are still available. Rustan's also carry Santa Maria Novella. Try Ginestra and Vetiver, two green fragrances. Ginestra is especially good.

Rustan's used to carry L'Artisan Parfumeur, but I didn't see them last time I was there.

Adora in Greenbelt 5 carries Commes des Garcons, Different Company, Histoire de Parfums, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Floris, and a few other niche brands. There may not be many greens in their lines, but you may find something else you like. They used to have the very nice Floris Vetiver, which has been discontinued and is now very hard to find.
    Last edited by noggs; 16th March 2011 at 01:16 PM.

im sorry but i didnt get your question... are you looking for a scent similar to 212 but only greener?
    hmm... no just a green scent that you guys think is better that i may not know of. i hardly looked at 212 before but i'm looking at the more mainstream/ popular designer releases now.

If you are in Manila I suggest visting Rustan's in Makati and checking out the Annick Goutal and Diptyque lines. If you can get past the mental barrier of wearing a fragrance marketed to women, try Ninfeo Mio or Folavril by Goutal. Among the Diptyques try Philosykos, Eau de Lierre, and perhaps L'Eau Trois or Virgilio if they are still available. Rustan's also carry Santa Maria Novella. Try Ginestra and Vetiver, two green fragrances. Ginestra is especially good.

Rustan's used to carry L'Artisan Parfumeur, but I didn't see them last time I was there.

Adora in Greenbelt 5 carries Commes des Garcons, Different Company, Histoire de Parfums, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Floris, and a few other niche brands. There may not be many greens in their lines, but you may find something else you like. They used to have the very nice Floris Vetiver, which has been discontinued and is now very hard to find.
    thanks noggs! i know about essences and adora. i've bought acqua di parmas and philosykos there. might hit up adora for 2man if they're in the $100 price range as stated here. i don't mind wearing women's frags but if i'm gonna get an annick goutal it's gonna be duel first. i'm gonna list those down though for when i start exploring women's frags soon. haven't looked at smn. i'm an adp loyalist lol! but i'll give them a sniff. with l'artisan i can't seem to like one enough to buy. tea for two is kinda nice. but i don't love it. there weren't many to try though.
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Diptyque L'Eau is heaven bottled.
    Adolfo Dominiguez Vetiver Hombre (deep, sporty green)

Cartier Roadster- a green fragrance that is a bit better than 212. Hope that helps

Dior Fahrenheit - it's green....but nothing like 212.

thanks guys! what about the hermes jardin series? haven't smelled them but i'm guessing by the name they're be pretty green and grassy. am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post
    Dior Fahrenheit - it's green....but nothing like 212.
    I'd call this more of a "brown" scent, the petroleum vibe gives it that wonderful dirtiness, but I think knocks it out of the green category. +1 on Mugler Cologne, a very well done earthy and bright green scent with great longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    I'd call this more of a "brown" scent, the petroleum vibe gives it that wonderful dirtiness, but I think knocks it out of the green category.
    Even with the vintage, the violet hits me harder than the petroleum feel..... I guess that's why it's always been "green" in my eyes.

But yes, Mugler Cologne is a good one.

Cartier Roadster is a much better option for a mainstream green IMO. I have already gotten to my second bottle of this stuff. If you do not like mint than this is not for you. However, if you are looking for a better mainstream green fragrance than roadster I don't think you will find one. This has the potential to be a signature scent for the spring. The only issue that I have with it is that it is not that great with longevity or projection. We are talking 4-6 hours on my skin.

thanks guys i think cartier roadster is what i'm looking for. should've tried it when i was in the boutique. i do like mugler cologne as well.

+1 Cartier Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by scentcloud View Post
    thanks guys! what about the hermes jardin series? haven't smelled them but i'm guessing by the name they're be pretty green and grassy. am i wrong?
    Un Jardin en Mediterranee is a very light and ethereal fig and cedar combo, Un Jardin sur le Nil is bright green mango, Un Jardin Aprs La Mousson is sort of a marine green fragrance and is probably the one I enjoy the least out of the 3. There's a new one coming out next month called Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, and that one sounds like it will be quite amazing. You could always e-mail Hermes and ask for samples. They are unbelievably generous.
    Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

i just remembered bulgari the vert as well.