Code of Conduct

Default Reconsidering application method...

So lately, I've been doing things a little differently. I usually do 1 to the chest, each wrist, and behind each ear. However, on a few occassions when I reapplied later in the evening with just 1 spray to the neck, I found the sillage to be really good. I could smell the fragrance loud and clear, especially when I moved.

Also today, instead of spraying my wrists and slightly dabbing them on the inside of my elbows, I sprayed the inside of my elbows and then sprayed one wrist and shared with the other one. That plus one spray down the neck (I may have hit behind my ears too...), and you guys, my Havana Vanille was projecting all day! I mean, all day I smelled myself loud and clear! I was like wow! I am realizing that the inner elbows and down the neck really add to the projection. So, I'm considering the following application method:
    Chest, inner elbows, 1 shared between the wrists, and one to the neck.

What say you? And how do you find the sillage/projection with neck sprays as opposed to behind the ears? And what about the inner elbows?

Default Re: Reconsidering application method...

sleeveless clothes or a shirt?

You apply differently depending on the type of shirt? Cuz I don't...

well, i would assume projection from elbows would be very minimal with full sleeves

i never do arms. i usually do the following:

1 chest, 1 kneck, 1 back of the neck

or

2 chest 2 neck

the only time i ever spray arms/wrists is if im sitting at home and want to just smell something or if im sampling something

I do 1 for each pulse point on either side of the neck, one to the back of the neck, one to the chest and maybe one on my shirt depending on the longevity of the frag.

I've oft heard back of neck as good spot since it's far away enough from your nose to not cause OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    What say you? And how do you find the sillage/projection with neck sprays as opposed to behind the ears? And what about the inner elbows?
    Sillage and projection on neck is great. Also on chest. I don't spray anywhere else.

When in doubt, carry a small decant.

Unless I spray the front of my shirt, most scents last in the 6 hour range. It's not just olfactory fatigue because if a person that hasnt been around me cant smell the scent, then it's gone.

Normally though, it's two shots to the sides of my neck and one to the front of my shirt.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I've long wondered how effective spraying to the back of the neck was, but I've only done it once or twice. I guess what I most want to know is how will the sillage be with it on my neck versus behind both ears. We have pulse points behind the ear, so I would think the sillage would be greater if that is where the fragrance is applied, but I have been very surprised at how well I was able to smell my scent when it was applied to my neck.

Also, if you spray on you inner elbows, I wanna hear from you! What's amazing is I applied this about 18 hours ago, and I can still smell it faintly on my wrists and quite clearly on my inner elbows. I really do think the inner elbows make a huge difference in sillage.

I always used to do one on the chest, one on each side of my neck and one on my wrist and I'd dab both wrists together. 4 total no matter the fragrance. Nowadays, I do one on the base of the neck, and one on my wrist and dab both wrists together. Only reason I spray on my wrists is so I can smell it throughout the day. Only 2 sprays total and I get great projection and longevity. Sometimes I'll add in one on the chest, just depends on my mood

And then something I've thought about doing and testing is spray each wrist once and then dab behind each ear to hit the pulse point directly. Or combine this with a spray to the base of my neck.

It's been awhile since I've done my old method so I can't really remember, but I do notice that when I spray on the base of my neck, I seem to get better projection and longevity. I'll get wiffs either late in the day, or if I spray at night, in the morning when I wake up. I don't seem to remember getting that with sprays to the sides of the neck.
    Last edited by mcb3030; 16th March 2011 at 04:57 AM.

It depend on the fragrance strength.
    Strong frag - both forearms + back of neck
    Medium strength or those that mildly project - above + chest
    Light - strong x2 + medium.

If I'm testing or love a frag then I'll spray my wrists too so I can smell them during the day.