Code of Conduct

Default EXTREA, EXTRA: Great news for Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose lovers

I was passing through Holt Renfrew in Toronto to retry Hermes Concentre Dorange verte. I saw a bottle of Concenre Pamplemousse Rose. I'm now intrigued. Anyone else seen this?

Default Re: EXTREA, EXTRA: Great news for Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose lovers

Hi!

I just came from Dusseldorf in Germany and bought it there at Carsch Haus shopping centre. Euro 90,= per bottle of 100ml I was surprised as well. I also can't find it on the net, not even by EAN bar code. But I'm so happy I bought a bottle!

Default Re: EXTREA, EXTRA: Great news for Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose lovers

I have a sample of the Concentre, will try it tomorrow.
    OzMoz website says: grapefruit, wood, rose, vetiver, oakmoss.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

The regular Eau was just ridiculously weak, with almost zero woody or green base notes. Whereas Eau D'Orange Verte at high applications actually has a really nice moss base. Hopefully, this concentre de pampelmousse rose features quite a bit of that oakmoss, and some woody/sweet nuances like concentre d'orange Verte would be nice too.

And even if it drastically tops the Eau, it's got it's work cut out for it. Nicolai's Balle De Match is a Grapefruit Masterpiece. Nicolai works magic with citrus.

Bought in on Tuesday in Munich, Germany, and love it. Lasts about 6-8 hours on me which is amazing since most fragrances last half the time on me than they last on others.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    Bought in on Tuesday in Munich, Germany, and love it. Lasts about 6-8 hours on me which is amazing since most fragrances last half the time on me than they last on others.
    Nice to hear your getting average longevity with this one. I have the Eau D'orange verte which is a great scent but longevity sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Nice to hear your getting average longevity with this one.
    Longevity is fine for me also with this one.

It has a very realistic and pleasant juicy pink grapefruit note, with very good longevity. It is good enough to eat! I find the scent to be focused on that one note. Other elements (rose, wood, moss, vetiver) seem very translucent and are really minor in comparison.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Institution

Wow, this is great news. I actually think the original is just fine with longevity...if you douse yourself in it. It is one of my favorite grapefruit prominent scents, giving me the pleasant citric refreshment I crave with a tiny whiff of Terre de Hermes lurking somewhere in there. I went thru a whole bunch during Summer 2010, and I sort of miss it this year.

Weird that no one has mentioned this one on the online blogs I read... I mean Hermes flankers are usually big news.

Can someone post a picture? Is the bottle exactly the same as the EdPR bottle?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Great news indeed! Like most of the Hermes "Eaus," the original just didn't have enough oomph for me to consider a purchase. But that grapefruit is great! Hopefully this is a trend...several in this series are quite good, but short-lived.

Jo Malone Grapefruit Cologne has been growing on me as a summer tonic as well, but it shares the same issue. So, I am really excited for this. The world needs more good grapefruit!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I just got a sample from the Hermes boutique and on closer inspection saw the 'concentree' and went 'huh?'. So good to know they've finally upped these ones. I just bought CDOV and have Pamplelune, so I may not end up buying a bottle after all. But it's nice frag!

edit, just tried the concentree pamplemousse rose today at the store and it was gone within 30 minutes (3 sprays on my arm)...
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 19th June 2011 at 04:22 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads