Code of Conduct

Default White flowers, jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose...

Hi Friends!

It's almost spring here and my collection is in need of some florals. I want soliflores or bouquets (not fragrances with some flowers on its pyramid of notes, like, don't know, egoiste, le 3º homme or even insense). I want to smell like the real flowers, not a mix of other notes.

For example, i love carnal flower, but it's a bit pricey for a daily use. I also have Fleurs d'Oranger by Lutens, which I love. I have in mind Full Jasmine by Montale, le temps de una fete by Nicolai and others.

Any recommendation?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: White flowers, jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose...

Jasmine: Diptyque Olène
    Tuberose: Diptyque Do Son
    Orange Blossom: Many like Jo Malone Orange Blossom (I don't; too dirty on me). There is also Pacifica Nerola Orange Blossom.

There is a four part series on orange blossom perfumes on Perfume Shrine; you may find something you like:

Part 1: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...rt-1-true.html
    Part 2: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...xy-aromas.html
    Part 3: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...h-nuances.html
    Part 4: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...-abstract.html

Thanks, 30 roses, i'll take a look!

Well, that blog says that Fleurs d'Oranger is femenine with capital F... now my masculinity is hurt

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ha!

I just thought of an affordable orange blossom that many like (I have not smelled it): Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger.

If you like jasmine and orange blossom combined and can get your hands on a bottle of the discontinued Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia, I give that a huge thumbs-up. Soapy and indolic but fantastic smelling; 5 stars from me!

My problem is that for an orange blossom soliflore, there is really only one I love-- the L'Artisan. Which is neither economical nor readily available anymore, so it's a hard one to recommend to anyone. I hope they will bottle another harvest of it someday.

Guerlain
    Estee Lauder
    Dior
    LArtisan
    have nice floral collection ,

Chanel N 22
    Stee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia
    LArtisan La Chasse aux Papillons
    Dior Diorella
    Dior Diorisimo
    Dior Miss Dior
    Guerlain Shalimar
    ( Jasmin and Vanilla )
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

"I want to smell like the real flowers" - man, if so then chances are masculinity would be hurt

Anyhow, Gaultier's Fleur du Male is orange blossom, opinions differ how natural and masculin - as a scent I admire it, as a man wouldn't wear it. The Cologne version of it is more masculin.

And a breath-takingly beautiful flower scent, perhaps the most beautiful I know:

http://www.leparfum.hu/en/Odin/04Petrana

And that's quite masculin, too.

Artisan by Varvatos

Artisan was presented on the market in March 2009. It is constructed as a citrusy-herbal fragrance which announces spring and fresh air created by John Varvatos and Rodrigo Flores-Roux of Givaudan, who worked on other Varvatos' editions.

The fragrance opens with Sicilian clementine, tangelo fruit, Mexican tangerine, aromatic thyme, Spanish marjoram and Greek lavender. A heart adds North African orange blossom, Indian plant Murraya, combination of jasmine and orange, an ingredient used in creation of the first fragrance. There are three sorts of ginger: Nigerian, Chinese and "purple ginger" developed in Givaudan laboratory. A base encompasses Kephalis wood and Geaorgewood, along with amber-like Belleambre and musky Serenolide.

Its flacon was designed by Jon Cisler Design. Available as 75ml and 125ml edt.

From Fragrantica.com

Double application necessary to enhance longevity.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Anyhow, Gaultier's Fleur du Male is orange blossom..........The Cologne version of it is more masculin.
    Good suggestion, I like the cologne version much better than the original.

I'll try some of these as soon as i can.

Anyway, i've got many positive comments wearing fleurs d'oranger. Nobody told me it was feminine (a girl i know told it was no feminine, but not too sexy either). Even a guy that told me that Tobacco Vanilla smelt like a girl's perfume liked FdO by Lutens... quite strange.

I'll keep using FdO without doubts, but i was looking for other options, just for variety sake

Cassandra

What Cassandra hednic? Weil's?

Blog Entries

Jasmin Full is a great choice; by far my favourite jasmine.
    +1 for Estee Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia.
    lf you love Carnal Flower but want something less expensive, you may enjoy Un Matin d'Orage by Annick Goutal.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

if you don't care for masculine or feminine, Goutal has a lot of soliflore: Tubereuse, Gardenia Passion, l'heure exquise.
    others are: A la nuit and Cedre by Lutens, Un fleur de Cassie, Mona di Orio Oiro, Andy Tauer's new Zeta (linden blossom)

M. de Morabito has a dry floral quality.

I've read some about ZETA, looks interesting

Blog Entries

Carnal Flower Frederic Malle
    Do Son

I strongly encourage you to get a sample of Douglas Hannant by Robert Piguet. I've reviewed it in the directory.

Lys Mediterranee by Fredric Malle is a beautiful lily scent that is, imo, wearable by a man.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks for your recommendations!
    Some of them i have available near my town, others i'll have to sample online. Keep the hard work B'noters!

Hi Postumo,

Not really my strength but- Ténéré by Paco Rabanne? Kenzo Power?
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APOM Kurkdjian is an excellent neroli based male EDP, incredibly powerful (go easy on the trigger...) albeit a bit pricey.
    Aqua Universali, Kurkdjian again, is a lily-of-the-valley centered perfume, not particularly masculine, but nic enough. Give it a try!
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I know Kenzo Power but it is more about Iris, a flower i don't like that much.
    I have yet to see Teneré in a shop, i think it's kinda hard to find nowadays.

About Kenzo Power i prefer it's cologne version. There's a great review of it by Sommerville Metro Man at fragrantica.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    APOM Kurkdjian is an excellent neroli based male EDP, incredibly powerful (go easy on the trigger...) albeit a bit pricey.
    Aqua Universali, Kurkdjian again, is a lily-of-the-valley centered perfume, not particularly masculine, but nic enough. Give it a try!
    I was thinking about APOM pour Homme too. Haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it's floral centered or not, but reviews make it look gorgeous, its description suits me.

If you like Jasmin, two good fragrances are A la Nuit (Serge Lutens) and Lust (Lush). Jasmin bombs!

MigJurado i see you're from Spain too, Do you know about any retailer who carries the LUSH Line? haven't seen them around here

Check this web
    http://www.lush.eu/es/ES-tiendas.html
    There is a shop in Malaga, so maybe you can try there. You can also buy online from the web or in ebay (cheaper). From the same line, Vanillary is also very good (Smokey vanilla and Jasmin), and I also like Karma, but no flowers in this one. Try also Orange Blossom (Lush), maybe you'll like it.

Maybe not quite what you're after but Eau de Noho has half of what you're looking for.

+1 for Tuberose Gardenia EL and Jasmine White Moss by EL ,too!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Thanks, i'll look for them and try!