Code of Conduct

Default Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme or Eau Sauvage Fraicheur cuir

Do you think one is the evolution of the other or they are different flavors?
    I think that extreme is less lemony, more complex, with a bit better longevity, but ES more vintage and classy.. and Fraicheur cuir is ..plus leaver. I think all are masterpieces!

What do you think is better as a whole? (sillage, longevity, uniqueness, specificity)
    Last edited by sailim; 17th March 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme

Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I would stick with the original, although it has very limited longevity. It is an "eau" after all. The exterme has recently been reformulated beyond recognition and now competes with Boss and AdG. Although the previous extreme version did not get much praise here on basenotes, it did share the same DNA as Eau Sauvage EDT.

Eau Sauvage being a rather light scent (more like an Eau de Cologne actually), it is worth buying one of the larger bottles (400 ml) to splash liberally, those bottles really look spectacular in a bathroom!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Do you think that is better than the two above? I have not tried, but I would like to know its characteristics ..
    I have read that is leathery one.
    Last edited by sailim; 17th March 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme or Eau Sauvage Fraicheur cuir

Always been a huge fan of the ES Extreme, wearing it since the early 90s (tall black bottle with black plastic cap) (and ES since the mid 80s tall glass bottle with cream plastic cap), I just simply like it for what it is. I've never tried to compare the two or say ESE is a stronger version of ES. It's its own scent. To me (still) it's a glorious scent of almost sour-ish lemon, herbs among other things which to me is quite heady. I think, much like the Chanels, if this had been named completely different from ES, you wouldn't hear as much negativity. I think the comparisons do it. I for one am glad Christian Dior still offers this, although the only place I was able to find this last November was at thet Chanel store in Honolulu. No one else had it. I had quite a few years between my most recent purchase and my purchase before. Personally I would not immediately think '" oh that's different". Stil has that what I expect ESE to smell like to me. I ll always love it.

I had ordered two little vials of ES FC from the Perfumed Court that I still have. I think if I were to properly test it out and make a critique, I'd need a full blast as opposed to a dab from a non spray vial.

I find that Fraicheur Cuir is very similar to the original and it has longer staying power. I almost always opt for it.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    What do you think is better as a whole? (sillage, longevity, uniqueness, specificity)
    Eau Sauvage Extreme

Post Thanks / Like

I like the original best. I also own Fraicheur Cuir and have tested the old Extreme. I don't like Extreme that much and while I do like Fraicheur Cuir the original just smells better to me.

fraicheur cuir

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    this one by far
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2