Code of Conduct

Default Non-Collectors, Post Photos of Your Fragrances Here

I
    only own fragrances that I wear on a regular basis. If you are like me, post a photo(s) of your wardrobe here.

Here's mines:

I just recently gave away my bottles of Pour Monsieur Concentree, YSL L'Homme, Pure Havane, LLaM, and Rochas Man to my relatives and friends. I'm not sure if I'll be re-owning them again.

Edit: Let go of some of my bottles and added Penhaligon's Endymion and Midnight in Paris EDP.
    Last edited by NewHaarlem; 10th April 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: Non-Collectors, Post Photos of Your Fragrances Here

Not much of a collector either (for now? but it's growing slowly):

http://www.cagetti.com/Pictures/cacioperfcoll1.JPG

http://www.cagetti.com/Pictures/cacioperfcoll2.JPG

Newharleem:
    what's the green one with the red band under the cap?

cacio

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Newharleem:
    what's the green one with the red band under the cap?
    That would be Polo Explorer... Nice mini collection you got there. How many fragrances do you have so far? I want to keep mines under 20 bottles.

I have about 40-50. Even though many are small sizes (30ml or under), that's already more than I can possibly wear for the foreseeable future. I should probably do splits, or give away part of the bottles. I do have 5 or 6 that for one reason or the other I end up wearing often. Most of the others are on occasional random rotations. Just to use some, I put perfumed smelling strips in the pockets of the suits, so at least I get to enjoy more than one thing at a time.

cacio

Blog Entries

Don't let my post count and join date fool you. I'm a minimalist.

^Very nice fragrances and cool photos.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post

I
    only own fragrances that I wear on a regular basis. If you are like me, post a photo(s) of your wardrobe here.

Here's mines:

I just recently gave away my bottles of Pour Monsieur Concentree, YSL L'Homme, Pure Havane, LLaM, and Rochas Man to my relatives and friends. I'm not sure if I'll be re-owning them again.
    For bottles you wear regularly most of them are pretty full!

Why distinguish between 'collectors' and 'non-collectors'? Although one wears fragrance and there is a utility to it (like clothing, for example), perfume is more analogous to music. One doesn't only download/buy CDs of their very, very favorite music they listen to all the time. Rather one usually amasses a collection of different styles of music so that you can listen to the music you want when that mood strikes you, even if that mood only comes up occasionally. So what if you own "more perfume then you can wear in your lifetime"? One acquires fragrance for the enjoyment of it and so you can enjoy the fragrance you want when you feel like it. Plus one also acquires a fragrance so you can sample it when you want to appreciate its artistry - no full wearing is required. I'd strongly suggest to those new to fragrance absolute do not worry about whether you have 'too much' fragrance. Just keep exploring and if you like a fragrance and think it's worthy of ownership then go for it and buy a bottle or decant (regardless of what else you have on the shelf).

I guess I'm not invited to post pics here, but I've been playing with the 'my album' function and a bunch of my bottle pics are posted. I'll be adding more pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post
    For bottles you wear regularly most of them are pretty full!
    I've been wearing New Haarlem the most, along with Pour Monsieur Concentree (which I recently gave to my dad), Envy, and L'Instant Extreme -- I've been wearing them to work every week these cold seasons. My recently acquired bottles are La Nuit EDP, Allure Homme, and Hypnose Homme, which I all plan on wearing to work this coming spring. My bottle that I wear the least would be Pasha (it's just too formal of a scent for me).

Nice collection. Im wanting to try Meharees badly.

This thread is inspiring me to do a bit more than just keep my fragrances in a box in my closet. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-fetish View Post
    This thread is inspiring me to do a bit more than just keep my fragrances in a box in my closet. ;-)
    Same here haha.

NewHaarlem, how is the EdP of La Nuit de L'homme? How comparable is it to the EdT?

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-fetish View Post
    Just make sure your room is always cold and dark. I plan on storing my bottles in my closet when the weather starts heating up.

Quote Originally Posted by mcb3030 View Post
    NewHaarlem, how is the EdP of La Nuit de L'homme? How comparable is it to the EdT?
    I'm not a fan of the eau de toilette, but I really like the le parfum version. It not too sweet and has a darker, more formal vibe. On my skin, it lasts 8+ hours. It doesn't project well in the cold weather, but I think it will do very well this coming spring and summer seasons.

I would venture to say that yours is a collection. (and I bet that number will grow over the coming months too! )

Though I have a bunch, I do wear them all, and as frequently as possible!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

This is in August last year. Most of mine , partial of wife. She has a couple of shelves herself. I've bought around 10 since then.

^Very nice, hedonist222!

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Nice collection. Im wanting to try Meharees badly.
    Thanks! You should definitely give Meharees a try. It has a sweet and a little bit spicy myrrh heart note, as opposed to clove note in MR. Their dry down around 2 hours later is pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I would venture to say that yours is a collection. (and I bet that number will grow over the coming months too! )
    I hope not. I'll try to keep them under 20 bottles. If I buy a new one that I really like, then I'll have to make space. I actually just ordered a bottle of Kenzo Power Cologne, and my Joop! Jump is gonna have to go.

Don't have pics, but I have about 21 bottles. That's plenty for me. When I get more than 25, I really feel bummed about ignoring some all together.

I don't look at myself as a collector, because I don't seek to preserve anything long-term. Use 'em up, then see what else is out there, or buy a replacement of what you love.

I wish I could wrap my head around having even fewer bottles, like 5 or so, but I'm just not that disciplined and I have to have some outlets/vices!

^Exactly how I feel about my fragrances.

My Modest Collection - Not including the up for swaps or my samples.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

My modest Collection

Last edited by komak123; 20th March 2011 at 05:39 AM.

@komak123 I can't see any picture. Try uploading it at http://imgur.com and copy and paste its direct link.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post

Though I have a bunch, I do wear them all, and as frequently as possible!
    I was thinking the same thing. Once you acquire several different versions of a "thing" because you like that thing and want to appreciate different versions of it, well that's "collecting". True it's not collecting on the same level as those who intentionally seek out specific bottles to own every fragrance in a given line, or those who only buy for the sake of ownership - but nor is it casual ownership.

@komak123 I can't see any picture. Try uploading it at http://imgur.com and copy and paste its direct link.
    Can you see it now?

Red face Re: Non-Collectors, Post Photos of Your Fragrances Here

I don't collect because I can't kill bottles fast enough (except for Prada - the almost spent bottle's backup is still in the box.) Oh, and Allure Homme Edition Blanche is hiding behind regular Allure Homme - he's shy?

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm not interested in owning hundreds of bottles and only buy what i intend to wear so probably wouldn't class myself as a collector as such.
    My Current Top 5
    1. Creed Silver Mountain Water
    2. Mugler Cologne
    3. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Aramis Havana

Quote Originally Posted by lunoar View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm not interested in owning hundreds of bottles and only buy what i intend to wear so probably wouldn't class myself as a collector as such.
    Yeah the same thing happened to your photo as to mine initially (no one can see it). Try not using the attachment facility but upload it to http://imgur.com.

Quote Originally Posted by komak123 View Post
    Can you see it now?
    Yes. Very nice! Is your Midnight in Paris the EDT or Parfum version?

Quote Originally Posted by jstrife View Post
    I don't collect because I can't kill bottles fast enough (except for Prada - the almost spent bottle's backup is still in the box.) Oh, and Allure Homme Edition Blanche is hiding behind regular Allure Homme - he's shy?

Quote Originally Posted by newhaarlem View Post
    yes. Very nice! Is your midnight in paris the edt or parfum version?

edt

Heres mines

Try again, hope this is working now .....?
    My Current Top 5
    2. Mugler Cologne
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Aramis Havana

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    Heres mines

Quote Originally Posted by lunoar View Post
    Try again, hope this is working now .....?
    Are those katanas real?

Are those katanas real?

they are not "live" blades but i still wouldn't want to get hit by one!
    Just thought they'd make a nice backdrop to my photo
    My Current Top 5
    2. Mugler Cologne
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Aramis Havana

It's a fairly modest collection but most of these have been acquired recently...which is a bit worrying!

L-R front sweeping around to back:

Body Shop white musk An absolute bargain. Great on it's own or layering with other scents.

Bulgari pour homme Been wearing it years and still love the musky drydown.

Kiehl's Musk I often use this in combination. I love it but people have said to me "it smells of pee". Hasn't put me off, though.

Demeter Dirt lasts about 10 minutes and smells of rain on soil. Nice, but I won't be replacing it when it runs out.

Terre d'Hermes Very vibrant scent. I have to feel upbeat to handle it so this is an occasional one for me.

Fahrenheit - Why is this stuff so addictive?? Weird; one sniff of it on my clothes and I have to put it on. I love it. It's like soapy meat.

Cacherel pour homme Probably my all time fave, I wore this for 20 years but got frustrated with trying to find it in the UK after it was discontinued. This last bottle (pictured) was ordered from the US, and quite frankly, isn't as strong as I remembered it. Maybe my tastes have changed and I like stronger scents now? I'm not sure if I'm going to order another one. Shame really.

Comme des Garcons Skai Outrageous, plastic-y Sc-Fi juice - and now discontinued. Good for avante garde electronic music gigs but too weird and attention-grabbing for everyday use.

L'Artisan Tea for Two I've really gone off this one. This was a spontaneous purchase. Even though I like the smokey, ashy smell, it just never seems right for any occasion. It's even too wintery for winter. Swap imminent, I think.

Gucci pour homme We all know this, eh? Remarkable stuff and great for dressing up and making an impression. Fabulous quality. Has gravitas.

Mugler Cologne Smells like posh, mutant, washing up liquid. I didn't like it at first but this has really grown on me immensely.

Caron pour homme Very old fashioned and comforting. Good for bedtime

^Very nice, Spoombung. Thanks for sharing!

Updated my wardrobe (new photo on my original post).

Anyone else who hasn't posted photo(s) of your "mini" wardrobe, please do so when you get a chance. Thanks!

Almost a full house...

The Cool Water is on duty in my gym bag and I forgot to get it out.

The Comme de Garcons 2 Man is on the naughty step because of the stupid shaped bottle that won't stand up !!

As it's a working wardrobe, not a collection, the following have recently departed -

Aramis - JHL
    Dior - Farenheit
    YSL - Body Kouros

These are on eBay even as I type -

Chanel - Bleu de Chanel
    Chanel - Allure Homme
    Calvin Klein - Obsession Night
    YSL - Jazz aftershave (Top Tip - don't bid on eBay when drunk!!)
    Penhalagon's - Hammam Bouquet
    Last edited by JohnTheBeginner; 11th April 2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: atenshun to detail :-(

^Thanks for sharing, John! Very Nice! I see that you also have a bottle of Endymion. And I suppose your La Nuit de L'Homme is the Le Parfum version(?)

Cross-posted from the other collection thread:

Just started collecting in January.

Thanks for sharing, Whitecamel! Have you tried La Nuit de L'Homme EDP?

Let's continue posting in the new 'post a photo' thread here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/275...nts-Edition-VI

NewHaarlem, I know you were trying a different angle here, but the regular thread is wardrobe size agnostic and we're getting a bunch of double posts between the two. Keep posting in the new one, everyone!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!