Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for the occasion

Hi all,
    I am new to the forum and aswell new to the niche fragrances after wearing, i suppose you could call 'commercial' fragrances eg Joop. The highstreet smells.

I am after some new fragrences and wantto sample as many as I can but wanted some help from your views.

1) I want an everyday scent (work, weekend days) not such a signature but i suppose could very well be.
    2) An evening wear scent, meals, entertaining guests etc.
    3) And a scent to get the women weak at the knees when going out.

I know everyones views are different but it will give me a big list to go an get sampling. I dont care if it take 6 months.And I am sure im going to have 2 or 3 scents for each category I have mentioned I am sure,

thanks for your time

Default Re: Fragrance for the occasion

1. Green Irish Tweed
    2. New Haarlem
    3. Your natural charm

apart from my natural charm lol. Obviously im going to choose my number 3 on what I like from sampling, but as long as it gets the ladys cold up top if you know what I mean then i will be happy haha. Creed aventus i hear good things from??

1) Monsieur de Givenchy, Guerlain Vetiver
    2) Givenchy Vetyver, Habit Rouge, Equipage
    3) Dior Homme, Derby

@james: I own both GIT and Aventus. honestly, I think Aventus is better. But GIT is more of an everyday-office type scent to wear. Aventus calls for something more special than everyday-office scent. But nobody's stopping you though. You have to smell both of them and make your own judgement.
    Last edited by volley2; 17th May 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Hmm interesting. Cheers Volley2, I will try both.

1 ) Every day :
    Guerlain Homme L`Eau
    Guerlain Cologne du Parfumeur
    Guerlain Vetiver

2 ) Evenig Scents :
    Terre de Hermes
    Tom Ford Men

3 ) Sexy atractive with adictive apealing :
    Mechant Loup
    Amouge Dia
    Carven Homme
    Micallef Le Seducteur
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Green Irish Tweed for all three.

Everyday:
    Bois du Portugal
    Egoiste

Night Out:
    Dior Homme Intense
    Musc Ravageur

Lady Killer:
    Fleur du Male
    Aventus (from what i read, didnt tried yet)

Everyday:
    Rose 31
    New Haarlem

Night Out:
    La Nuit De L'homme
    Tonka Imperiale

Weak Knees??:
    Musc Ravageur
    Ambre Narguile

Everyday: Geranium Pour Monsieur / InsensŤ / Caron Pour Un Homme / Mark Birley For Men / Un Jardin De Kerylos / Memoir Man / Vetiver Extraordinaire

Night: Avignon / Rochas Man / Rochas Lui / Aoud Musk / Epic Man /Knize Ten / Bel Ami (Vintage) / Musc Ravageur / Cuir De Russie

Weak Knees??: your charme (I've to agree with Volley2)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by jamesj1984 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new to the forum and aswell new to the niche fragrances after wearing, i suppose you could call 'commercial' fragrances eg Joop. The highstreet smells.

I am after some new fragrences and wantto sample as many as I can but wanted some help from your views.

1) I want an everyday scent (work, weekend days) not such a signature but i suppose could very well be.
    2) An evening wear scent, meals, entertaining guests etc.
    3) And a scent to get the women weak at the knees when going out.

I know everyones views are different but it will give me a big list to go an get sampling. I dont care if it take 6 months.And I am sure im going to have 2 or 3 scents for each category I have mentioned I am sure,

thanks for your time
    1) For a work fragrance, I'd recommend something woodsy for office environment. They are generally inoffensive so you don't run the risk of annoying your co-workers 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. They are uncomplicated so they communicate confidence and professionalism. They are calm and relaxing. A fragrance staple for this type of situation is a Vetiver-based fragrance. I went with Givenchy Vetiver but other popular, versatile and easy-to-wear vetivers include Guerlain Vetiver and Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

Citrus works well for the office too, especially when combined with wood. For example, my favorite work fragrance: Terre d'Hermes. An alternative would be Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa.

My favorite casual day fragrance is Creed Green Irish Tweed, which is also great for the office. Alternatives are Creed Silver Mountain Water, Bond No.9 Central Park.

2) Oriental fragrances are pretty much made for evening wear. Whether you're going out to dinner or having people over, they smell like class, sophistication and luxury. One of my favorite notes for evening wear is Tobacco since cigars are synonymous with celebration. Try Serge Lutens Chergui, Thierry Mugler Pure Havane or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Otherwise, any spicy oriental will work. Chanel Egoiste is an excellent one. Parfums de Nicolai - New York is popular. Creed Bois du Portugal and Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur are both highly regarded.

3) For a date, I'd recommend something soft, sweet and floral. Chocolate, vanilla, coffee and tonka bean works well. My absolute favorite is Dior Homme. It drives girls nuts. Musc Ravageur works here too. Also try. Rochas Man, L'Instant de Guerlain, and Bond No.9 New Haarlem.

If you're somewhere looking to meet women, use an attention grabber like Creed Aventus. That is my only recommendation for this category just because Aventus nothing else compares to it, from my experience.

Most versatile, given your crtieria: Green Irish Tweed, Egoiste, L'Instant.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Everyday - Czech & Speake #88

Evening - Absolue pour le soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Purdistance M - I've gotten more women compliments from this frag than anything I've worn over the last 40 years.
    UPS just pulled up as I'm typing this with my second bottle of M.
    Last edited by thebeck; 17th May 2011 at 09:21 PM.

I think your best bet is to begin searching and sampling. Search the forum for "best fragrance for ___", take note of the responses, add the fragrances you are interested in trying to your to-try list, and then try them. Everyone has different taste, so only CONSIDER trying recommended fragrances. But ideally, you want to try as many frags as possible. Once you've done that, you can decide what your preferences are and begin making decisions.

I hope you enjoy sampling.

For the daytime may I suggest, Patricia de Nicolai-New York
    Histoire de Parfum-Jules Verne
    Krigler-America One(old school)
    Diptyque-Phylosykos(best fig out there IMO)

Evening-
    Musc Ravageur-F Malle, Peau D'Espagne-Santa Maria Novella(old school leather), Piper Nigrum-Lorenzo Villoresi, The Ten Party

Weak in the Knees-Frapin 1697, Idole-Lubin plus your liberal amounts of charm.

Good luck and go get 'em

Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)