Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which Amouage Men's Fragance would you take?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dia

12 11.11%
  • Gold

8 7.41%
  • Silver

1 0.93%
  • Reflection

16 14.81%
  • Jubilation XXV

39 36.11%
  • Epic

7 6.48%
  • Ciel

2 1.85%
  • Memoir

15 13.89%
  • Lyric

8 7.41%

Default If you could receive only one free full bottle Amouage men's fragrance, which one would you take?

Let us just pretend you could have one full bottle of Amouage Men's fragrance...which one would you go for?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Blog Entries

Default Re: If you could receive only one free full bottle Amouage men's fragrance, which one would you take

I actually just tried Amouage for the first time a few weeks ago.

Based on what I liked, I would choose either Memoir Man or Jubilation XXV.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: If you could receive only one free full bottle Amouage men's fragrance, which one would you take

I voted on the one I use the most. RM followed closely is Memoir or Dia. Any of these 3 really. XXV is nice too, just not an everyday scent.

Jubilation XXV and would immediately give it to a friend as a gift.

Lyric, without hesitation.

No contest Jubilation XXV for me

that's so generous of you. I'll take a Jubilation XXV please.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I have not tried anything except Gold, but from the descriptions I think Lyric is what I would take.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I would have to go for Tribute Attar as I find the oil based fragrances a notch above their standard range.

Dia, no doubt..

RM, by an inch, closely followed by Epic and Jubilation.
    Smellin good

Banned

Epic Woman - amazing fragrance (and more masculine then almost anything you'll find at the men's counter at the mall department stores, that's for sure).

Only one? XXV closely followed by Memoir

Epic

I voted for Jubilation XXV...I love this one, but the longevity for this one is not that great...I wish it was as good as Epic or Lyric...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Looks like there is no love for Silver or Ciel
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Reflection without any doubt.

Also known as "What's your favorite Amouage?"

I haven't looked into Amouage too much, because I could never afford a bottle. Though I did get to try Dia Man, and thought it was alright.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

all or nothing

I'd get the most expensive one. Resale it and buy something I like or donate the funds to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Also known as "What's your favorite Amouage?"

I haven't looked into Amouage too much, because I could never afford a bottle. Though I did get to try Dia Man, and thought it was alright.
    The sample of 6 pack is pretty affordable...run for under $50 and you can get many use out of each spray bottle...that's what I go for....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Definitely Gold Man, but Epic is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Definitely Gold Man, but Epic is also good.
    Gold is very well put together, but it's too flowery for me. When I wear it, I feel like I'm sleeping on a bed of flower.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Reflection is very similar to Le Male. I'd pick Dia.

Jubilation XXV.

Jubilation XXV

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    The sample of 6 pack is pretty affordable...run for under $50 and you can get many use out of each spray bottle...that's what I go for....
    Uh... where have you found that at under $50?

Gold is very well put together, but it's too flowery for me. When I wear it, I feel like I'm sleeping on a bed of flower.
    That's part of the appeal to me. It's just so OTT and flamboyant I can't help loving it, flowers and all. Puts a big fat smile on my face everytime I smell the stuff. I'd definitely get a bottle if I had the dosh.

I would go with Memoir Man, but I have yet to try Reflection from your list, and have reason to believe I would like it.

Dia Man would be much choice...

XXV for me.

Surprised Epic is so low down there? Would it be many people's second choice?

If the question was which Amouage of those you don't own, my choice would be Memoir (still undecided if it's a FBW purchase for me)

Sur la Plage

From the list, Jubilation XXV.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    XXV for me.

Surprised Epic is so low down there? Would it be many people's second choice?

If the question was which Amouage of those you don't own, my choice would be Memoir (still undecided if it's a FBW purchase for me)
    +1 I don't get Memoir either. Very sharp and green is all I get from Memoir. No character to it at all. On the otherhand, Gold is loaded with rich character stuck in the bottle just ready to be unleashed!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

My true love CIEL ( this is summer in bottle , summer on beach .... ) , next one would be Reflection...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Memoir, with Epic & Dia a joint second. There's enough character in me for my frags...heh.

Dia for me, please.

Last time I saw it, it was almost $260 for the 6 pack...

Jubilation XXV is my main pick. Lyric would've been my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    *googles*

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage-mens-mini-set.html

Thanks for the info. Andrews in downtown Toronto better have this.

I almost went with Ceil as I don't have it and it's on the buy list for summer. However, the debate was between Memoir and Jube XXV based on which bottle I'll run out of first and that would be Memoir.

The Epic Woman suggestion is great, however. That's man stuff, IMHO.

My first bottle was Amouage Dia , Silver Cologne ( Now I tired of Silver Colgne )
    and Amouage Homage Attar

From Your list the next Memoir Man or Jubilation XXV Man
    no in your list my next Amouage Tribute Attar
    Last edited by 1234567890; 20th April 2011 at 03:16 AM.
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Looks like there is no love for Ciel

Gold, I have the others I like.

santal attar is conspicuous in its absence.

eric b

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    There is a much cheaper official six-pack with smaller 2ml samples.

Gold for me.

Lyric.

I own Jubilation XXV & Reflection so next in line would be Dia Man. If I did not have any of em, I'd definitely go for XXV.

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post
    Epic Woman - amazing fragrance (and more masculine then almost anything you'll find at the men's counter at the mall department stores, that's for sure).
    Me2

Haven't explored anything from Amouage yet, but I'm eager 2 do so

Memoir Man. Outstanding.

There was a similar poll between Epic and Jubilation XXV last summer, and Epic won that poll with a slight margin:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/257696-Amouage-Epic-or-Amouage-Jubilation-xxv.

9 months fast forward, and Jubilation XXV is liked 5 times more than Epic. Could this be a Fall v/s spring phenomenon?

I voted for Epic BTW.

I voted for Jubilation XXV, but I've been gifted of Memoir Man (wich I chose as a gift). A very hard choice for me.
    Last edited by alfarom; 17th May 2011 at 04:01 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I'd take Lyric

The really good ones in my opinion are Silver which is a very high quality daily wear, Dia man which is superb, a bit more formal,Gold man which is flamboyant ott genius. I like ciel man too.
    I find the later ones by different perfumers to all have a slightly lesser quality of ingredients and composition. They seemed to switch to using more pre composed base accords. Still damn good though and much better than almost everything else out there.
    The particular frankincense they use is sublime.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Jubilation xxv by far!!!! One of my all time favorite frags

Quote Originally Posted by RSharma314 View Post
    There was a similar poll between Epic and Jubilation XXV last summer, and Epic won that poll with a slight margin:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/257696-Amouage-Epic-or-Amouage-Jubilation-xxv.

9 months fast forward, and Jubilation XXV is liked 5 times more than Epic. Could this be a Fall v/s spring phenomenon?

I voted for Epic BTW.
    Excellent observation RSharma314!

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    The really good ones in my opinion are Silver which is a very high quality daily wear, Dia man which is superb, a bit more formal,Gold man which is flamboyant ott genius. I like ciel man too.
    I find the later ones by different perfumers to all have a slightly lesser quality of ingredients and composition. They seemed to switch to using more pre composed base accords. Still damn good though and much better than almost everything else out there.
    The particular frankincense they use is sublime.
    I'd agree with most of this. I'm not as fond of Silver, though, as it's a little to dry for my tastes. My list would probably be:
    - Dia
    - Ciel
    - Jubilation XXV
    - Tribute
    - Gold

Ciel is, IMO, majorly misunderstood and underrated. I've found most of these older Amouages to require some time and patience to unlock. I hated Gold Men the first time I smelled it...and many times after. Eventually, I found myself coming to grips with it, and then, finally, seeing some genius in it. The frankincense in these older fragrances is incredible.

I agree with Hirch that the newer ones seem a little more "generic" than the older ones. It's as if they've taken a step in the direction of designer fragrance major releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I would have to go for Tribute Attar as I find the oil based fragrances a notch above their standard range.
    I agree, except I think it's several notchs above. Their EDP's suck to me. All of them.

Ciel