Code of Conduct

Thread: Garrigue by MPG

Default Garrigue by MPG

I am a fan of MPG and I own Perfume D´Habit, Centaure, F.Muskissime and Baime which I enjoy a lot. However Garrigue lack originality and depth. Comparisons to GIT are right on spot but GIT is far superior. It seems to be the less original MPG that I, so far, have tried.
    By the way if you wonder what Garrigue means (as I did) here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrigue
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Garrigue by MPG

Hi Basteri,

I'm yet to try these but will be soon. What's your pick of the ones that you've mentioned?
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D Habit should be my first pick but all very unique and different. Obviously Laporte is not thinking about mass markets when creates fragrances.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO Garrigue is a very fine scent as are all the MPGs.

Thanks for sharing!

I agree on Garrigue, I smelled it once and it seemed to me like the standard sporty stuff. I guess it's the entry of MPG in the Light blue, Bleu, Chrome arena. The other MPG I have smelled were better.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I agree on Garrigue, I smelled it once and it seemed to me like the standard sporty stuff. I guess it's the entry of MPG in the Light blue, Bleu, Chrome arena. The other MPG I have smelled were better.

cacio
    Sporty is right. Garrique may not be radically different from what's out there and imo can be classified as one of the herbal/woody/spicy "black" (not aquatic and "blue") fragrances. But let's not forget it was there before many of the mainstream and designer "black" scents.

If someday I decide to have one of those in my wardrobe, I'd much rather have MPG than Polo Black, etc.

Thanks for starting this thread, Basteri. To my mind, a garrigue scent should be an amazing, ***DRY*** blend of various resinous and herbal notes, with a whiff of hot dry earth. Romeo Gigli Sud Est is a pretty good example of that. Li Altarelli by Stephanie St. Aignan is another. Maybe Ouarzazate by Comme des Garcons. Maybe Eau D'Italie. I like this style of scent and am always looking for more. I don't have a sense that MPG's Garrigue actually is this sort of scent, despite its name.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I had the chance to buy Garrigue for $60 some time back, but passed. It reminded me too much as being the same style scent as Halston Z14.
    Renato

Garrigue is probably the most Laport could do to venture into mass market appeal. If it could reach mass market it could have been a hit. In this fresh, "sporty" theme I prefer Eau pour le Jeune Homme and Eau du Gantier from the same line.

To me the smell of Garrigue as per Wikipedia or from my experience from the Greek Garrigue is Sables by Annick Goutale. Thick, resimous and permeated by the fragrance of immortelle. In fact immortelle is the trademark flower of the island of Kythera.
    Last edited by cpk; 20th March 2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Now blogging about Christos for Men by Christopher Chronis http://wp.me/13WRd

Vintage Jacomo Eau Cendree available for sale