Code of Conduct

Default Best Mixes/Layering

All,

Does anyone have their favorite layering for two (or maybe 3!) colognes? I've been tinkering with the notion that I can layer Jo Malone Grapefruit with Gendarme...someone slap me.

TNMA

Default Re: Best Mixes/Layering

Yes-- try YSL's Opium and Dior's Poison. Mix them or layer them!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher
    All,

Does anyone have their favorite layering for two (or maybe 3!) colognes? I've been tinkering with the notion that I can layer Jo Malone Grapefruit with Gendarme...someone slap me.

TNMA
    I don't layer but I'd think the two you mentioned would go fine together. Give it a try! : )

There's another ongoing thread about "layering"

I stated in that one:

M7+Rochas Man

A light application of Musc Ravageur with some Knize Ten or Etro Gomma. The leather cuts down the sweetness of MR to great effect.

so many - so many

Caron pour un homme + Comme des Garcon Avingnon
    Creed Fleurissimo + Bulgari Black
    SL Fleur de Oranger + Bulgari Black
    Diptyque Tam Dao + SL Chergui
    Bergamot + Neroli oils + Guerlain L'heure bleu
    L'artisan Timbuktu + Amber Extreme
    SL Fleur de Oranger + Cuir Mauresque

so many many more...

I couldn't find all the other layering threads, so I'm just gonna have to jump this 5 year old one.

I'm not at all into experimenting with layering, or mixing fragrances, but every so often.. the base notes from one fragrance will end up underneath another one that I put on, by accident. This happened when I was testing my John Varvatos Vintage, and then putting on one of my favorite gourmands, Rochas Man. The combo was amazing, and that was with Vintage's base notes. So I did a little more messing around, and sprayed them both in the same spot at once.. basically just mixed the 2, from the top notes. And it worked out well.. The combo was awesome, and it ended up being like a gourmand Burberry London.

Rochas Man + Intense Euphoria

Trying to describe this...Image creme brulee sitting on a table with a cup of coffee and hot chocolate. Now put them close together and take a whiff. I'm going to mix Rochas Man + Corduroy next.
    Last edited by silentrich; 20th March 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Corduroy + Rochas Man

Smells like A*men pure malt. Vanilla booze.

For all Powerhouse fans........Quorum + Salvador Dali Pour Homme.

And from the drugstore........A splash of Brut Original followed by a spritz of Canoe EDT.

So far, my only successful layering combo was the mixture between Dior Homme (which I like very little independently) and the ultra-affordable Eau de Cedre Bleu by Yves Rocher: the result was stunning to my nose and even got complimented

Tom Ford Italian Cypress + Creed Cypres Musc

Tom Ford White Suede + Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1 View Post
    There's another ongoing thread about "layering"

I stated in that one:

M7+Rochas Man
    I'm gonna try this one, it looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Corduroy + Rochas Man

Smells like A*men pure malt. Vanilla booze.
    Nice, I will have to try this soon, I own both of these great frags.

easy way is layering fragrances by notes or similar family ....

Gourmands with Gourmands is very easy : Musc Ravageur - Amour de Cacao ( for autum )
    Vetiver / Coniferous / Incense : Ralph Lauren Polo - Creed Original Vetiver ( winter )
    Florals and herbs : Lavender with Roses : Island Lavender - Shiseido White Rose ( before sleep )
    Citrus: Colognes based with Roses , Jasmin , Flowers.. Classic Cologne with ( Le labo Tuberouse / La Chasse aux Papillons)
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga