Code of Conduct

Default Most desirable Paris exclusive...?

What is the most desirable fragrance which is exclusively available in Paris? I am just interested as I may find myself there for the day in the near future and would like to know what to look out for!

Thanks!
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Default Re: Most desirable Paris exclusive...?

Any of the Serge Lutens fragrances in those stupid bell jars...

I need Iris Silver Mist, but I want it in a regular SL bottle.

You have the Colette exclusive , Vanille 44 from Le Labo and all the Serge Lutens bell jar exclusives for starters . And then the Parisiennes and limited editions at Guerlain ...

Apart from the obvious Palais Royale (Serge Lutens) paradise, some exclusives are the JAR perfumes (also sold in Bergdorf Goodman in NYC), Annick Goutal Eau de Fier and Eau de Monsieur, Le Labo Vanille 44 sold in Colette, a variety of Montale's currently sold exclusively in the Place Vendome boutique, IUNX perfumes and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

Goutal Eau de Monsieur is exclusive to Paris??

Banned

I'd say IUNX. They don't ship. You can only buy them in-store at hotel costes.

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Goutal Eau de Monsieur is exclusive to Paris??
    I haven't seen it sold anywhere except Paris, so my guess it's sold primarily in France and perhaps some European nations.

In addition to the ones mentioned (and SL Palais Royal is really a must-save your nose for the exclusives only, there are so many of them), the Dyptique store I visited still carried the discontinued ones (eg Virgilio).

cacio

just go to the SL boutique...

Personally the ones I really wanted to try are Silver Iris Mist and Manderine Maderin

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Any of the Serge Lutens fragrances in those stupid bell jars...

I need Iris Silver Mist, but I want it in a regular SL bottle.
    I totally agree with you. The bell jars look nice and retro, however, they're very hard to use. And I need Iris Silver Mist, too. Why is it never ISM or Serrasins or La Myrrhe that's distributed as limited editions for a year? Pity.

Maybe Chamade Pour Homme, although not sure. Also any of the Montales not available in the US.

Any of the Caron urn scents.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    What is the most desirable fragrance which is exclusively available in Paris? I am just interested as I may find myself there for the day in the near future and would like to know what to look out for!

Thanks!
    Other than the very beneficial suggestions above, I would definitely recommend you pass by the major brands like Guerlain, Serge Lutens, .maitre parfumeur et gantier, Frederic Malle and so on.

Perhaps this is not exclusive, but perhaps--for fun--visit the Etat Libre d'Orange boutique in the fashionable Marais.

They are located at 69, rue des Archives, an address that occasioned much fun and spawned one of their new scents.

Scroll down to the entry on the boutique:

http://www.parismarais.com/beauty-and-spas.htm
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Maybe Chamade Pour Homme, although not sure. Also any of the Montales not available in the US.
    I never saw it at other place. Go to Kurkdjian's Maison, and to D'Orsay. And at Printempts at Haussmann street there are lots of niche houses' scents. And across the small square there, there is a Guerlain boutique, with Chamade Homme.