Code of Conduct

Default I waited a while, but I finally ordered a bottle of Fahrenheit - Christian Dior

I sprayed this fragrance at Sephora a few times before on paper...never on skin...it just smelled kind of weird to me, so I never bothered to pay any attention to it... nevertheless, I hear so many great things about this fragrance.... so today I started to read more about this legendary fragrance...Fahrenheit - Christian Dior...and I decided to buy the 3.4 oz bottle for $74.79 with a 15% discount on fragrancenet...pretty much this is a blind buy...

robes08, and jrwriter have gave this fragrance a very high review...it's a must buy... and a must for every collector...so tonight I pulled the trigger and bought a bottle...

Last edited by change1; 21st March 2011 at 02:41 AM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: I waited a while, but I finally ordered a bottle of Fahrenheit - Christian Dior

Don't want to disappoint you, but they may have been talking about the original formulation.

Default Re: I waited a while, but I finally ordered a bottle of Fahrenheit - Christian Dior

Whatever the formula, you will enjoy it IMO.

You're gonna love it, man. I reach for it about once a month and always look forward to wearing it when I do.

I think it's a great scent...the opening is definitely different, but that's one of the things I like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I think it's a great scent...the opening is definitely different, but that's one of the things I like about it.
    I don't recall the gasoline smell, but looking forward to it...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Great fragrance and definitely one of my next buys! Smells much better on skin.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I don't recall the gasoline smell, but looking forward to it...
    Well there's definitely something there that resembles it for sure in the opening.. However, it's a scent I love to wear to work in the winter.

I remember wearing this many, many years ago. I enjoyed it and for some reason I just feel like leaving it in the past for memories and "moving on" so to speak. I may test the Absolute version someday, but for now I don't desire another bottle.

It is a very interesting and unique fragrance. Well done change1!

Amazing stuff. One of the best of all time.

Very good choice!Enjoy!!!

Sur la Plage

The vintage formulation is quite wonderful - the current version not so much IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's quite good. I like it. Yes, the older formulation had stronger top notes, but the current stuff is just fine.

yep awesome fragrance. used to be my favourite.

That's a nice frag c1. Report back and tell us what you think once you've given it a proper wear or two.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The vintage formulation is quite wonderful - the current version not so much IMO.
    Do you know when they changed to the current formulation?

It really needs to be sprayed on skin to be appreciated.
    I like Fahrenheit so much that I wear it once or twice a week.
    I get a lot of compliments on it which is something I didn't expect.
    The longevity and sillage are also outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly
    Don't want to disappoint you, but they may have been talking about the original formulation.
    Mark and Tim both reviewed the current formula and raved about it, but JRWriter showed an older bottle in his review, IIRC.

The difference between vintage and current is most evident in the topnotes. Current Fahrenheit sort of squeaks out of the bottle and just sits on your skin, taking time to work its magic, but vintage Fahrenheit explodes and wraps you in a hot, tarry, leathery, smoky bomb of scent, with a sharp, bracing floral/herbal undertone. The vintage has a slightly richer, deeper heart as well. But the drydowns are so similar it's hard to tell them apart. I think the current stuff is great, vintage better, but both are decidedly not run-of-the-mill, and may take some time to warm up to depending on your tastes.

you can catch Perfumania sales, which has 6.8oz for around $60 after coupons

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    you can catch Perfumania sales, which has 6.8oz for around $60 after coupons
    That's a good deal...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I love it, unique, masculine, very well done. My bottle is from 2004, so it's not the current formulation. I haven't smelled what's currently being sold, so I can't comment if it's different.

I put on a spritz of the new formulation of Fahrenheit today and after 8 hours it's still going. I like it a lot - it goes to a Lava Soap kind of scent for the drydown. No sweetness from this one. Old/New, it doesn't matter - you'll like it. Go easy on the sprays.

Congrats. Its classic for a reason. You wont be disappointed.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I love it. The current formulation is great too.