Code of Conduct

Thread: Galaxy perfume

Default Galaxy perfume

Hi fellow BNers, I have just ordered some Boucheron EDP from this online fragrance store and have to say i am disgusted that they charge £6.53 for upto 12 day delivery and a 53p handling charge. I have been so used to cheap smells and their free postgae within 3 day delivery but as i couldnt find anywhere else i had to use them.

Default Re: Galaxy perfume

Hi Pieman, I have just ordered two mini Jean Patou 1000 from this online store, and although they said a receipt was sent to my e-mail address, it wasn't, at least not so far. I've just learned they were previously known as the Perfume Emporium. I didn't know this when I ordered or I would not have used them. I previously ordered an item from the Perfume Emporium which never arrived and had to contact my credit card company to get a refund when they refused to refund me themselves. I am seriously worried and hope my order arrives!
    Warning to other users - please be aware this site may not be all you think it is.

I purchased items from Galaxy Perfume twice so far this year. They filled my orders promptly and delivered on time. I received a notification of payment by email immediately upon ordering the items. I have had good experiences with them and will continue to use them when appropriate. I'm talking about Galaxy UK perfumes here, not Galaxy 99.

My only slight gripe was the exchange rate that I ended up paying. They get their products from USA and converted Pounds to US Dollars to Australian Dollars, and that wasn't as friendly a rate as if I only paid direct in US Dollars, or even direct in English Pounds.

I've recently discovered Galaxy Perfume - they carry a good selection - and I'm tempted to order a few items that seem difficult to find elsewhere... so I'm interested in any further feedback before I do so - good or bad. I agree with the earlier comment re cheapsmells.com ..... they are excellent!

Further to the comment from Redrose....

"I've just learned they were previously known as the Perfume Emporium. I didn't know this when I ordered or I would not have used them".....

I think that Perfume Emporium is entirely unconnected - this is the firm that supply via Amazon isn't it? Surely if they are as bad as you imply, Amazon would have dumped them by now?? After all, Amazon have a reputation they'd like to maintain, I'm sure.

Galaxyperfume.co.uk presents themselves as a UK business when they are infact US based and using a telephone answering service in Birmingham, UK.

All purchases are shipped from the US - hence the lengthy delivery times and high costs - not to mention that as your purchase is being imported you will be hit with customs duty too!!

very deceptive!

Wow - that is deceptive!

They clearly state in their shipping info that orders are sent from the US, so they're hardly being deceptive.
    And I don't get how you can be disgusted with the postage cost, surely all that matters is the total cost of the item including delivery.

Would you be happier paying £60 for a perfume that had free delivery, or £50 for the same perfume, but with a £7 delivery charge on top?
    Logic is a wonderful thing...

I'm considering ordering a bottle of Ambre Precieux from them, will see how it goes.

EDIT:
    Just submitted my order for Ambre Precieux 100ml EDT. Got the email reciept instantly.
    Will update on delivery times, and whether I get hit with customs charges.

EDIT2:
    Got my frag within the stated delivery time. Came straight to my home, so didn't get held to ransom by customs for the VAT charge :-P .

Quote Originally Posted by lcostelloe View Post
    not to mention that as your purchase is being imported you will be hit with customs duty too!!
    Perfumes are exempt from customs and excise duty charges, the only thing you'd ever have to pay if it did get caught (mine didn't) is import VAT.
    Might want to learn what you are talking about in the future.
    Last edited by Jukkie; 13th July 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Please can anyone provide an update about Galaxy, any recent orders or problems etc ?
    - they have something I really want that I can't find anywhere else, but I am a little worried about ordering from them....

Quote Originally Posted by indigo View Post
    Please can anyone provide an update about Galaxy, any recent orders or problems etc ?
    - they have something I really want that I can't find anywhere else, but I am a little worried about ordering from them....
    I'm in a similar position, holding back on an order, so would also be very interested in feedback.

Not happy

Looked at Galaxy perfume UK, all english based address, number, no indication not a UK site.
    Place an order, received an invoice by email, but money taken out of bank account differ (taken more than invoice), and to top it all got charge a foreign transaction fee by my bank as not UK pounds as website let you think.
    Item not yet received, but still within their delivery schedule given, so will update later

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?do...rog_id=GoDaddy
    They are also operating as Perfume Emporium according to GoDaddy. Here's the current whois info:

WHOIS Information
    Registrant
    Perfume Emporium
    +1.9493071807 Phone
    3440 W Warner Ave. Suite C
    Santa Ana, California 92704
    United States
    craig@perfumeemporium.com
    Administrative Contact
    Craig DuAlba
    Perfume Emporium
    +1.9493071807 Phone
    United States
    Technical Contact
    Craig DuAlba
    Perfume Emporium
    +1.9493071807 Phone
    United States
    Registered Through
    GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Domain Name: galaxyperfume.co.uk
    Created on: 11/25/2009 3:16:55 AM
    Expires on: 11/25/2013 3:16:55 AM
    Last Updated on: 4/27/2012 12:00:16 AM
    Last edited by socalwoman; 30th August 2012 at 03:45 PM.

I am looking to get Ambre Precieux from galaxyperfume , as mentioned above they are trying to be deceptive here by having a co.uk domain and a UK address, telephone number.

I don't care if they ship from Mars, as long as they charge me same as they show and don't supply me a fake or knocked off item, I should be happy.

What do you guys say?

Well don't forget you will get hit with custom charges on top of the price and delivery they are charging.

So if you are happy to take the chance and pay the customs they go for it, but the end price might be the same or more than if you bought here in the UK.
    DONNA

Thanks. They add VAT to your order at the time of checkout so must have a provision

Not sure if this is the same Galaxy but http://www.galaxyperfume.com.au/ is by far the worst customer service I've experienced

First time, I bought a bunch of items, paid, and a week later I get an email saying they dont have stock of them so they will refund me all except for one which they had in stock

The refund was at a different exchange rate than what I paid, so I lost money, plus my credit card company charges a fee for international purchases. Then they didnt refund me shipping difference despite the difference in receiving 1 bottle vs 10

I registered to receive an email for when certain fragrances were in stock, literally within 30 seconds of receiving an email from them saying it was in stock I purchased and paid for what I wanted as per their email it was now in stock

I emailed them directly immediately to make sure it was available as I had the option to bid on one online and they said not to worry plenty in stock. A week later they did the exact same thing emailing me saying it was no longer in stock even though I had paid for my bottles, and again lost on the exchange rate and international fees

Customer service gives you robotic responses...will NEVER buy from them again, and now since that one bottle STILL hasnt shown up after 8 weeks, if I want to return it for a refund, I have to do so at my own postage costs despite all their lies....
    My top 10

1. Gucci Envy
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Gucci Rush for Men
    5. Viktor & Rolf Antidote
    6. D&G By Man
    7. Serge Lutens - Santal Majuscule
    8. Gucci Pour Homme
    9. Tom Ford Nerolo Portofino
    10. Dior Homme Cologne

I made a big order with them last wednesday! it's now monday and i've just received an email and a voicemail with no number to return the call, saying that they need to ask security questions to verify my order which ovliously means they still haven't sent it all out!! i replied to their email and got a generic "thank you for contacting us" response email. so not only that but i cannot contact them to find out what the problem is or answer their questions but i've now found a lot of bad reviews for them, can anyone tell me if their orders ever arrived or if they think i should try to get a refund?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by themimistar View Post
    I made a big order with them last wednesday! it's now monday and i've just received an email and a voicemail with no number to return the call, saying that they need to ask security questions to verify my order which ovliously means they still haven't sent it all out!! i replied to their email and got a generic "thank you for contacting us" response email. so not only that but i cannot contact them to find out what the problem is or answer their questions but i've now found a lot of bad reviews for them, can anyone tell me if their orders ever arrived or if they think i should try to get a refund?
    thanks.

Here's their telephone number: 877-782-6580
    Last edited by socalwoman; 12th December 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Thumbs down Re: Galaxy perfume terrible

Purchased Givenchy Amarige gift pack for Xmas present for mother.
    However, the Body Veil arrived damaged and in reused white cardboard packaging, it would appear to be not a new product, but rather a tester as the tester label had been scratched off, damaging the tube. I have a photo that can be supplied.
    I have left multiple phone (phone never picks up) and feedback form messages over the last 4 weeks to the local supplier in Victoria, Australia, but these have all been ignored. There seems to be no way of contacting this company directly.
    Avoid at all costs.