Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default New: Tauer Perfumes Zeta

From Now Smell This:

Indie niche line Tauer Perfumes will launch Zeta, the first fragrance in a proposed series of vintage (specific harvest) fragrances built around fine or rare natural materials, next month. The series will be called the Collectibles. Zeta will feature linden blossom and is described as a “bright ode to summer”:

Linden shade in June-
    sweet rose petals and the light
    of Syracusa.

The notes include lemon, bergamot, sweet orange, ylang, orange blossom absolute, neroli, linden blossom, rose, orris, sandalwood and vanilla.

Tauer Perfumes Zeta will be available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum for around $150. (via press release)

Note: Andy Tauer of Tauer Perfumes discussed the development of Zeta in a series of letters to perfumer Mandy Aftel published on Nathan Branch’s blog; you can find the last letter (and links to all the prior letters) here.

Update: According to Andy Tauer, Zeta will not be a limited edition, but future batches may not smell exactly the same.
    Sounds lovely and the green bottle is beautiful!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: New: Tauer Perfumes Zeta

I have a competition running on Sorcery of Scent to win samples of this new Andy Tauer release. It uses some of the most expensive ingredients that Andy has worked with to date.
    Comp closes at 12 midnight and names announced tomorrow. Please follow the link in my signature below

Love linden. Can't wait to smell this.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Basenotes Plus

I've never smelled Linden so I clueless as to how this will smell. I'm looking forward to it.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

If his LoV and irises are any indication of what his linden blossom is going to smell like, not interested here, thanks!

I had the chance to try Zeta today early morning when my collectible bottle arrived. Sincerely , I was hoping to get the linden blossom smell right there at the first sniff (love this smell in the beginning of June - the signal that summer starts ) but there is almost no linden ( at least in the begining) but a lot of roses with a citrus opening. An abstract linden blossom evolves later on after more than 30 minutes.

Zeta is more a rose scent but don't think about Une Rose Vermeille, Incense Rose or Une Rose Chypree. It 's a very different rose , a soft one. For Andy's fans :this one is totally atypical for him , it is soooo soft and the tauerade it's not detectable very surprisingly . For those having hard time with AT frags : this one will go right to your heart

I got a sample of this today and my nose has been glued to my wrist since I put it on. I don't find rose in it at all, and I think it's a perfect floral for someone who is looking for something feminine, warm, and delicious but who doesn't usually like florals. There is a base of soft vanilla and very light sandalwood anchoring the springlike flowers (which must be the claimed linden, although I'm not familiar with the note).