Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What would/did you wear for your wedding?

So I read a thread over on the starting board about someone looking for a fragrance for their wedding and it got me thinking. We associate memories so strongly with fragrance that I can imagine it being a bit daunting to decide what you would wear for this day. I'm interested in what people would or did wear and their reasons for that. I'm single, and I can't say I've given it much thought til now, but I'm very curious.

What would or did you wear and why? What entered into that decision? What others did you contemplate and rule out, and why? Would you choose the same thing now?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What would/did you wear for your wedding?

I wore a multifloral knit dress for my casual, outdoor wedding and the fragrance I chose echoed that: Laura Ashley No.1 .

I will give only this advice to people choosing a wedding fragrance: buy extra and store it in a cool, dark place-- because odds are, it will be discontinued or reformulated, and then you will be glad you still have some of your sentimental perfume.

Do you still have some 30R? If so, do you wear it often? I'm so curious about these fragrances that signify a huge day or event, and how we experience them that day, and then in the years that pass.

Do you still love it?

Great thread - I think that was my post you are referring to that started the idea. Thanks for starting it, and I look forward to reading everyone's answers.

Just to fill in a little bit more: I was totally thinking about the issue you alluded to about fragrances being associated with memories. I'm sure my brain and misterben's brain are going to be forming a lot of memories on that day, and I do want to be able to hint at them by bringing out the fragrance again. Additionally, I just want to feel especially glamorous and sexy since I'm going to be the center of attention, and am going to be wearing a dress and hairstyle and makeup I'm never going to be wearing again in my life (I'm a pretty low-key kind of girl fashion-wise).

Choosing this fragrance is a bit more complicated for me since I'm completely new to the world of perfume, but nevertheless I have already-formed ideas of what I like and don't like, and am learning quickly as I explore samples. I realize that whatever I pick out might end up not being the OMG be-all-and-end-all perfume of my entire life, so I'm not stressing out too much about selecting the "wrong" one - it should just be something that I like a lot, that seems right for my personality, and that I will want to wear again.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Do you still have some 30R? If so, do you wear it often? I'm so curious about these fragrances that signify a huge day or event, and how we experience them that day, and then in the years that pass.

Do you still love it?
    In those days I had no idea that my pretty bottle sitting on my dresser would be spoiled by light. That bottle is solely on display now; it is not wearable.

I bought two bottles on eBay, sealed, but both had lost their top notes, one worse than the other; sometimes I wear it and try to ignore the spoiled first 10 minutes, but I regret them. I bought a few knock-offs as well but the more costly of the two is weak in the top notes; I think the perfumer had a poor sample. The other, an oil, is grassier and less accurate but pleasant.

All in all, I wear it maybe a few times per year.

I wore the Homage by Amouage on my day. Not my usual style, but seemed completely perfect on the day. I recommend a concentrated attar-type fragrance as it will last- the last thing on your mind will be reapplying!

To elaborate- the decision was completely mine on the choice of perfume, and was totally instinctive. I have a small amount left I like to sniff every now and then, for memories

Mrs. H, does the smell of it really bring the day back for you? Man, I could just write an article on this, it's so interesting to me.

For instance, do you recognize the scent on someone else, and if you smell it do you automatically think back to that day? Does your spouse recognize it on you?

I think if I had to pick one today, I'd go with Chanel #22. I'd want something I wouldn't smell on everyone else out there, that would seem sparkling and beautiful and light and warm. But then I wonder if I'd rather have something that I would only wear sparingly through the years and only would remind me of that one day, be so strongly associated with that one day.

Ok, trying to restrain myself so I don't quiz everyone to death :P

Does anyone want to weigh in on any of the scents in this sampler at The Perfumed Court: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...alsampler.aspx

• Caron Bellodgia parfum (1/2 ml)
    • Chanel No. 5 EDP
    • Chanel No. 22
    • Christian Dior Diorrissimo EDT
    • Guerlain Cruel Gardenia
    • Frederic Malle En Passant
    • Hermessence Rose Ikebana
    • L'Artisan Le Chasse aux Papillion
    • Ormonde Jayne Osmanthus
    • Patou 1000 edt
    • Strange Invisible Perfumes Lady Day parfum (1/4 ml)
    • Van Cleef & Arpels First EDP

Basenotes Plus

When my husband and I got married in 1982 I wore Private Collection. I'd first smelled it a few years earlier on a high school classmate. This was in the days when most of my circle and I were wearing Charlie, Love's Baby Soft, Bonne Bell Skin, Coty Wild Musk etc. Private Collection seemed so very different from those; formal and unique. I have since gone on to other fragrances but still think it's beautiful and I keep a mini on hand for sentimental reasons.

If we were getting married now, I'd probably wear Aimez-Moi or vintage Shalimar parfum -- better yet, maybe we'd both wear the same thing. Heritage and Jaipur Homme come to mind.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

This is an interesting one- yes, the smell really does bring the day back for me and I instantly recognize it on others. I think it's possibly the case that when you are in a high emotional state, the sensory memories imprint themselves more firmly. My husband hardly ever notices my perfume but he does normally comment on the 'wedding perfume'- unusual for him! I think the experiences of that day were so heightened that we both retained a lot more than we normally would

And my wedding was not especially expensive or fancy, it was very relaxed. I think the perfume cost more than my dress!

tdem1961, I like the idea of the vintage Shalimar - sort of like something old, may even qualify for the blue ... but it's rare enough that you won't smell it everywhere, and it's hauntingly beautiful. It's also precious, if you go for the extrait.

Mrs. H, thanks for the input! That's definitely what I wondered about. If it's one of those moments in your life where your emotions are so high, how does the scent tie into that memory. It makes it much more of a deliberate choice in scents to wear because you're going to have that feeling about the scent later. I think it's great that your husband recognizes it! I was smiling at how your perfume was more expensive, because I think I would put as much thought into that as I would the dress. Maybe more, because there's a bigger chance of you walking down the street and smelling that scent and being reminded of the day.

Now I wonder about the opposite side of things. If you had a tragic event happen, would you forever associate the scent with it, and be unable to wear it again because of the memories.

Sur la Plage

I wore Carnal Flower for my Commitment Ceremony, which was on the beach in Maui. It is one of my favorite fragrances, plus it seemed to fit the occasion/enviroment.

When I am allowed to legally get married, I may choose a different fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

petruccijc, that's such a heady scent, I can imagine it would be perfect in that setting. It's also one that's distinctive, I can imagine it would imprint into your memory easily.

So are both you and your husband fans? Does he love the scent and recognize it as the scent of the day as well? Do you remember what he wore? And what would you pick now?

Such a lovely thread! I wore AG Ce Soir ou Jamais to my wedding in 2000, and the bottle finally turned a little while ago. I didn't buy a backup then, but I have since purchased a new bottle (within the last few months, I think?). It doesn't seem exactly as I remember it, but it is still beautiful and reminds me of the best of the big day. Would I choose the same one? Not sure, but I don't regret my choice at all.

30R - I had a bottle of the No. 1, too! I also kept it on the top of my dresser, and when it went off, I foolishly threw the bottle out, figuring I could just replace it. Did you also wear a Laura Ashley dress for your wedding? (I used to have 2 or 3 and just loved them.)

elizrj - I think that the choice of venue may play into the right choice. petruccij's choice of Carnal Flower sounds absolutely perfect for the wedding on Maui, as does 30R's choice of the Laura Ashley for the garden wedding. I think that maybe some of the "bigger" scents might match up with a more lavish event, whereas something like La Chasse may be the right thing for a low-key wedding, maybe in the summer, maybe outdoors...

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    elizrj - I think that the choice of venue may play into the right choice. petruccij's choice of Carnal Flower sounds absolutely perfect for the wedding on Maui, as does 30R's choice of the Laura Ashley for the garden wedding. I think that maybe some of the "bigger" scents might match up with a more lavish event, whereas something like La Chasse may be the right thing for a low-key wedding, maybe in the summer, maybe outdoors...
    Any suggestions that might be appropriate for a funky-but-glamorous small wedding of nerdy/artsy 40-somethings in an art gallery with mid-century furniture, a tiki room, and a wall covered with paint-by-numbers, where the bridal party is wearing a non-matching combination of their own suits or dresses combined with handmade silk jackets/vests?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I like your style!

Our wedding invitations consisted of a limerick written by us. Plus the date and time, of course.

I made the cakes (2 heart shaped, chocolate frosted devil's food cakes decorated to look like him and me looking at each other side by side, with licorice strands for hair) with small bride and groom trolls, instead of the usual bride and groom figurines for the cake.

I never dreamed of the traditional wedding. Wasn't me.

Ah, the dress was actually from a Victoria's Secret catalogue-- they used to sell dresses, not just lingerie.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 22nd March 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Vintage Bal a Versailles perfume, just the thing for an innocent bride
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Sur la Plage

petruccijc, that's such a heady scent, I can imagine it would be perfect in that setting. It's also one that's distinctive, I can imagine it would imprint into your memory easily.

So are both you and your husband fans? Does he love the scent and recognize it as the scent of the day as well? Do you remember what he wore? And what would you pick now?
    My husband is not a big fragrance enthusiast. However, I have tried to convert him little-by-little. When we first met, he wore mostly Chrome and Curve - but he has branched out more recently. For our ceremony, he wore Creed Millesime Imperiale.

When we got in the car to drive to the venue, he said "Did you spray air freshener in the car?". I guess that was a reference to my Carnal Flower.

I am not sure what I would wear now. We live in Florida, so I do like the idea of a beach wedding. So maybe Carnal Flower again or something else "tropical".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Both hub and I wore Chanel Égoïste when we got married in 1996. I used to wear it quite often in our early days together and once when he complimented it, I told him it was actually a scent for men. He then got a bottle of his own. A shared scent seemed a natural choice to wear when we gave our vows.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

On the opposite side of the coin, I can't smell my late grandmother's perfume (Je Reviens) without feeling upset. It's tied to a strong emotional memory- she was in a nursing home during her last few months, and I would help her get dressed and perfumed because she said the nurses 'couldn't do it right'. She was a glamorous and meticulous lady and her perfume and grooming were important to her, right up to the end

Raindropsparkle, I agree with you! I think 30Roses selection was as perfect for her as petruccijc's was for him. I'm not familiar with yours, but you would choose something different now? Is that because your tastes have changed or the venue would be different?

Matildaben, sounds like you are having a very fun wedding! I am very new to this whole field, so it's hard to pick out a couple in my head that are perfect. It seems to me that vintage something would be about perfect. Or else a new and very niche smell that would be unique like your wedding. Something fun though, and not too dark. I'm a fan of Lady Vengeance and Citizen Queen from the Juliette Has a Gun line. Some of the experts around here will probably have better suggestions. Olfacta's choice is a great one as well, Bal a Versailles. Definitely not the par for the wedding course

Petruccijc, thanks for your response! Seems like we try to convert all those we love simply by our sheer enthusiasm for the subject :P Do you have a soft spot for Creed Millesime Imperiale now?

Tigrushka, that's such an interesting idea to wear the same scent. I've been thinking about it since Tdem mentioned it. It seems to me that without the scents competing, and both wearing the same thing, you would wind up with something that triggered that memory for both of you pretty strongly.

MrsH, thank you so much for your comment on your grandmother. This is what initially sparked my interest in perfume. I smelled a scent that immediately brought my grandmother back to me. That's the basis for why I'm so passionate about perfumes and scents, the deep connection they have to memories. It makes a lot of sense that happy as well as sad memories can be evoked. It sounds like you were a big comfort to her, thanks for sharing that!

I so appreciate people's comments on this, I am so fascinated by the connection between scent and memory/emotion. Thanks for the input!

As I plan to get married this year I have been thinking about which perfume to wear a lot!
    We will be married in America, for reasons of convenience, because if it were up to me it would be in the Netherlands. But we are going to have a great party and re-enact the marriage. I am going to order a custom made dress from China, edwardian in style with lace, very elegant.
    And I am going to wear Vintage Houbigant Chantilly!!!!
    And maybe Soir de Lune in the evening.

In America it will just be a registrar wedding, so I am am going to have either a cream and gold Cheongsam, or I will make a damask silk overbust corset with matching bolero and wear them on a nice pair of cream chiffon trousers.
    Not quite sure about the perfume but most probably Aperçu, again by Houbigant.
    Or vintage Jolie Madame by Balmain.
    Depends a bit on when and what the weather will be.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

I wore Iris Poudre. I find it elegant and comforting and somehow I thought it would "match" my lavender chiffon dress.

Blog Entries

I did not wear anything and I don't regret it. Perfume was not a part of my life the same way back then, even though I packed my perfumes and took them with me. It was a hot and humid day, an outdoors very small wedding, we were flat broke, but we had to get married there and then, so my husband cashed his retirement account, which at his young age wasn't much, and we made do. I wouldn't have kept my wedding perfume right back then and was perhaps bound for a huge disappointment of not being able to smell it ever again.

So, I regret nothing. The memories of that day are still very vivid in my memory. It was a special day for both of us, as we waited for it, and fought for it, and struggled for it...

On the other note, we are considering renewing our vows for our 10th anniversary, and uh-oh, I would want to wear perfume for that. Don't know which.

Matildaben, sounds like you are having a very fun wedding! I am very new to this whole field, so it's hard to pick out a couple in my head that are perfect. It seems to me that vintage something would be about perfect. Or else a new and very niche smell that would be unique like your wedding. Something fun though, and not too dark. I'm a fan of Lady Vengeance and Citizen Queen from the Juliette Has a Gun line. Some of the experts around here will probably have better suggestions.
    Interesting! I don't have the energy or the money to track down vintage, but I was thinking of exploring the classics from Chanel and Guerlain (which I am not familiar with since I'm so new) since my gown and hairstyle are going for "classic Hollywood glamour". On the other hand, something funky and niche might contrast with the outfit in a way that really suits my personality. I'll have to see if any of the local shops has the Juliette line for me to sample, since I don't know if I could get the samples shipped in time for me to try them all (it's 5 weeks away, yikes!).

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I did not wear anything and I don't regret it. Perfume was not a part of my life the same way back then, even though I packed my perfumes and took them with me. It was a hot and humid day, an outdoors very small wedding, we were flat broke, but we had to get married there and then, so my husband cashed his retirement account, which at his young age wasn't much, and we made do.
    A great story, that I think a lot of people can relate to. Thanks for sharing it.

I love these stories!

When I got married in 1983, we had a traditional church wedding with
    bridesmaids,choir (the same one I used to sing in) and organist. I
    wore Diorissimo and a "rented" designer dress with a long train. My
    husband, best man and Dad wore top hats and tails and two of my sisters
    and two god-daughters were bridesmaids wearing Laura Ashley floral dresses.

I carried a bouquet that included some lily of the valley and freesias, so their scent
    amped up the Diorissimo.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I love the stories too! Makes me want to try each of these perfumes and see if I can get a glimpse of your weddings!

Warum, what a story! I think the weddings you have to really struggle to get to make the event that much sweeter, with or without fragrance I can't wait to hear your thoughts on what you would pick out for the renewal of your vows. Congrats on 10 years!!

Matildaben, I have samples of a lot of stuff ... a bit of a sample freak, so if you send me your address I can get them out to you. You know, Dioressence may be fun too. It's kinda quirky, not out there everywhere, and warm & sexy.

GelbeDomino, do you still love Iris Poudre? I haven't really had a chance to test it, but with a lavendar gown, it certainly sounds like it paired well!

FrouFrou, thanks for the post! I can totally imagine the two different looks and feels. Now I'm going to have to check out the perfumes. I look forward to finding out what you wound up wearing

kewart, Diorissimo sounds like the perfect choice!! It's so fitting with the picture you painted. Do you still wear it? Does your husband recognize it? Does it bring it all back?

Thanks everyone!!

Blog Entries

Warum, what a story! I think the weddings you have to really struggle to get to make the event that much sweeter, with or without fragrance I can't wait to hear your thoughts on what you would pick out for the renewal of your vows. Congrats on 10 years!!
    Thanks! This year it will only be 9. But we were talking about planning the renewal because... you know... there might be a lot of planning involved, especially since we haven't made anything big for the actual wedding. So now we don't know how

Blog Entries

I'm Single *sniffs* but if i gor married i would wear
    Vintage Diorissimo Dior or
    Estee Lauder Beautiful

Loving this thread. I love weddings. I wore Pure Poison on my wedding day. It was my husband who got me back into fume after a long hiatus. We went to Nordstrom and sniffed together (at his behest), took home a few samples, and made the decision together (well, maybe it was more 60/40, his favor.) It was the biggest perfume I'd ever worn, and on our day I felt ostentatious, ice-queen like, and slightly uncomfortable in it. Now it sort of sits as a memento of the day, as I can never find a place or an event worthy of it. It's almost as exclusive as my shoes and my dress. Sometimes I wear it to bed. He and I have both since found new favorites. I just asked him what he'd choose if we were to start from scratch today, and he said Alien, without hesitation. I'm totally down with that choice. While the day was very special, without a doubt, the best is afterward, and I like the idea of wearing something well-loved and familiar.

Banned

For my wedding I wore vintage Chanel Cuir de Russie parfum (pre-WWII vintage). Quite unlike today's CdR, the leather aroma is glove smooth and very lush. I only have a precious few drops and it's stupid-hard to find so I've always told myself it was for a "very special occasion".

my wedding was in summer. I wore a long silk satin/chiffon off white dress and Hermèssence Osmanthe Yunnan

At the moment I can't even imagine what my wedding would be like, if ever there is one, much less what fragrance I would wear; all that will depend so much on when, and where, and above all with whom.
    I do know that I want to wear red if I ever get married, but that's all.

Very few fragrances I reserve now for special occasions because if I love them enough I can't resist wearing them regularly...dabbling in hedonism lately, what can I say!

For my special day we will both be wearing Guerlain. I'd go Vintage Derby for myself and SDV, for my partner.

I love the stories too! Makes me want to try each of these perfumes and see if I can get a glimpse of your weddings!

Matildaben, I have samples of a lot of stuff ... a bit of a sample freak, so if you send me your address I can get them out to you. You know, Dioressence may be fun too. It's kinda quirky, not out there everywhere, and warm & sexy.

GelbeDomino, do you still love Iris Poudre? I haven't really had a chance to test it, but with a lavendar gown, it certainly sounds like it paired well!

FrouFrou, thanks for the post! I can totally imagine the two different looks and feels. Now I'm going to have to check out the perfumes. I look forward to finding out what you wound up wearing

kewart, Diorissimo sounds like the perfect choice!! It's so fitting with the picture you painted. Do you still wear it? Does your husband recognize it? Does it bring it all back?

Thanks everyone!!
    Yes i still wear Diorissimo now and then, but sadly my hisband is now anosmic and can't smell anything at all!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I'm with Sunny, I wore Poison on my wedding day. It was in '89 and I was very young, we had the full traditional church wedding, 6 or 7 bridesmaids, big dress with train, the works. It was great at the time but I wouldn't do it the same again I would do a beach wedding and probably wear Chanel.
    Last edited by shoegal68; 3rd April 2011 at 05:25 PM.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Weimar, there's just something about that Diorissimo that says wedding to me too. Kewart, great choice, so sorry your hubby can't smell it

Sunny, I love reading peoples responses on this subject too!! So I can't believe I haven't sniffed Pure Poison or Alien. I'll have to try them both. Sounds like both you and shoegal68 wore something bold. Shoegal, somehow Chanel seems very beachy to me, I wonder if it's all the beige I think of when I think of their brand. When I think of the individual scents they don't seem that way to me, odd.

So many scents I haven't tried but now I have to put on my sample list. Blueeyes, do you still wear that? Anthony, there's something about the vintage that just seems wedding to me. I wonder if it's the "something old" kicking in. I'll have to sniff Derby, but what's SDV?

Thanks again and again and again for the responses! Not only do I have a longer sampling line, but it's just darn interesting to me

Thank you.
    I do still love Iris Poudre, but now I associate it strongly with my wedding and I only wear it on special occasions. Anniversaries, for instance.
    Do you like it?

So, I've got a shortlist with a solid top two candidates and a constellation of 2-3 others that keep popping on and off the list depending on my mood. Today I decided to give a full audition to Frederic Malle's En Passant, which is a lovely, very natural smelling fresh spring lilac on me, with a very floaty feel, which is feminine without feeling too girly for my personality. SAD NEWS - it disappeared after an hour! I had a TPC vial and I splashed most of it on my arms and neck, and even my inner elbow under my shirt doesn't smell like much anymore, so I don't think having a sprayer or applying more heavily will do the trick. I only have just over 2 weeks left until the wedding day, so I'd better get cracking on fully testing the rest of the items on the list.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Matildaben, what else is on your list (besides IU)?

I'm only revealing Iris Ukiyoe at this point... there are a few others I'm not sure about because while they seem "nice", they don't feel right for my personality or move me as deeply emotionally. I will reveal that I wore Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere to my gown fitting.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

If there is any perfume in my wardrobe still in production that you would like to try for your wedding scent, I can send you a sample tomorrow. But a great many of my fragrances are discontinued/reformulated so that may not be very helpful after all....

Message me. I'm watching a MASH DVD with my daughter but will check back.

Thanks, Roses - I looked at your wardrobe, I appreciate it, but at this point I have so many samples to go through already that I'd rather narrow down the ones I've got. You are awesome, though!

No 5 Eau Premiere didn't make the cut for your wedding tho?

I'm eagerly reading and watching your trials. I think it's so fun to hear what you're auditioning as you narrow down your search. I am anticipating hearing which one you pick! I soooo hope you find the perfect one that speaks to you and makes your day that much more perfect. It makes me want to sniff the choices right alongside I'm going to need to get some En Passant!

Eau Premiere is actually pretty awesome, but I think I might prefer it for regular use instead of "special occasion". I tried No. 5 EDP last night - I'd been kind of wary of it since it's such an icon, and so many people have said they can't wear it because it's too "something" for them, but I was pleasantly surprised - it settled into my skin chemistry quite nicely and smelled great. Then I tried comparing No. 5 EDP, No. 5 Eau Premiere, and JHAG Citizen Queen (some writers have said it "alludes" to No. 5) on different skin patches and comparing them, which was fascinating and instructive.

En Passant is truly awesome, but before I shell out $200 for a bottle, I'm going to wait and see if they do a Concentree version which might last longer.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'm following this thread with great interest as my own wedding is scheduled for Nov this year. Favoring elegant classical styles, I'm leaning towards Chanel, MFK, MDCI or perhaps Guerlain. I would however advise against the use of rare vintages as wedding scents. for obvious reasons.

Blog Entries

I think that you're doing a lovely job, Matildaben, working around #5. I think #5 is a great fragrance, but I understand that you may want to use it regularly. On the other hand, the first days of married life are special in their own right, so if you really like #5 in one of its variations, you'll mark a whole era in your life, not just one day. I am not sure if I am making sense, I hope I do

It's funny, someone on this board suggested I might wear Citizen Queen since my wedding is a combination of classic vintage and modern hip elements. The more I wear it, I think she might have been on to something. I think of CQ like a roller derby girl who's all dressed up and rocking her femininity, but she can kick your butt too! And it wears on me really well and the Mr. thinks it's sexy.

Matilda, I'm so glad you love Citizen Q, she was the first major perfume I bought. You may want to try Lady Vengeance as well. To me, Lady V is Citizen Q tarted up.

I got a sample of LV by accident (the gal in the shop thought she was giving me CQ but the cards looked the same), and I tried it, but it's a little too ROSE! for me. I'll give it a couple more chances, though.

I've posted about this on other threads, but I just wanted to follow up here in case anyone was wondering what my final decision was. It's going to be Zeta, the new fragrance from Tauer. I had a sample from Luckyscent and it just struck me strongly as the best thing to wear. It really felt like I would be wearing it because of me and not because I thought it was the "right" or "appropriate" fragrance. I just ordered my FB and I'm really excited about it. Maybe I've been projecting a lot of my nervousness about the last-minute wedding planning onto my search for a fragrance, but it still feels really great to have that one decision finalized.

Blog Entries

Wow, fantastic! Congratulations!
    So far I am yet to find a Tauer that would work for me, makes me all the more curious to try Zeta.
    But it is really important, I think, that you made a decision for the wedding scent! I think, everything will be falling in place now together with it
    Are you going to wear it more or will you retire it till the big day??

I haven't tried any of the other Tauers - the female-oriented ones seem kind of rose-heavy and I don't like most rose notes - although I do have a sample of l'AdDM coming for the Mr. and I'd be happy to sample the rest some other time. Check my remarks in the female forum's "Today I Bought - April 2011" thread for my review of Zeta. I haven't thought about whether I'm going to wear Zeta more between now and then; probably I will save it up and only bring it out on special occasions. Andy Tauer has said that since he is using a lot of natural ingredients, he can't guarantee that different batches will smell exactly the same, so I wish I could have bought two bottles, but they are pretty expensive.

Matilda, I'm so happy you found your scent!! Now I am curious to try it!! I haven't tried any Tauers yet, but I'm going to place a luckyscent sample order and I'll give this one a sniff

I got married in 1998 as a 23 yr old on a 38c degree day in Australia. My dress was made by my Aunt and was a deep cream, almost milky coffee colour. I wore bright fresh flowers as my headpiece and a matching bouquet. There was alot of deep cream, burgundy and gold thoughout the wedding decorations, table settings etc.

About 3 months before, my future mother in law and I went "perfume" shopping, looking for the perfect scent. I was already into fragrances but wanted something a little "grown up", sophisticated and not too strong. I eventually chose "Oscar" by Oscar de le Renta. It was a lovely gift pack with a 30ml edp, body lotion and a 5ml parfum in a cardboard box with a black lid and gold ribbon.

The fragrance was perfect. Sexy but sophisticated, strong silage but not cheap, unusual but not weird. I have only had two more bottles since then and I am always transported back to that day and the great choice I made. I don't think I would change it - new fragrances seem to be a bit "wishy washy".

My sister got re-married about 3 years ago at 29yrs and wore a slinky, beaded dress. I went perfume shopping with her before the big day and she purchased "Hypnose". It suited her down to the ground and seemed very "juicy", decadent and striking - but again, not overpowering.

It seems to be a tradition that family and friends ask my advice about perfumes and I often accompany them to test. It is great fun and there is great memories had just testing and actually purchasing the fragrance. Another friend borrowed my Rochas "Femme" edp and that suited her too. My mother wore "Imprevu" by Coty on her wedding day in 1971. I have tried to get it for her but alas no luck. She still remembers it fondly and has kept the little perfumed cream pot with her other wedding paraphenalia.

I think it is a bit like getting the dress - you try it on and you think to yourself "Yep, that's the one".
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress