Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: which one is Better made?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guerlain - Homme

14 31.82%
  • Guerlain - Homme Intense (EDP)

30 68.18%

Question Guerlain - Homme Vs. Guerlain Homme Intense

just tried homme, i like it
    is very pleasant and suBtle, really caught my attention first time i tried it
    2nd time i still liked But i think is kinda feminine

haven't try homme intense
    so i would like y'all opinion aBout which one is Better
    and worth own a Bottle for this spring

Default Re: Guerlain - Homme Vs. Guerlain Homme Intense

I have both and I like them both. I get much more longevity out of Guerlain Homme Intense.

Sur la Plage

Guerlain Homme Intense is the far superior fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

There's also the Pininfarina version! (http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...arina_col.html)
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

i like the EPD better.

I have a question for those of you who have experienced both versions.

Recently I picked up Guerlain Homme, and I definitely like it...however, I'd prefer if the intensity was turned up a notch or two. So my question is: Is Gueralin Homme Intense simply a more intense version of Guerlain Homme, or is it a different fragrance in other ways (such as containing notes not in the original version) as well? And if so, how different is it?

Thanks.

--Buysblind

My voice goes to Guerlain Homme Intense ( much better long. )

Voted for the EDT - the EDP has hardly any "mojito" in it and is in my opinion overloaded with patchouli. Even though the "mojito" in the EDT doesn't last that long, it lifts up the overall character of the scent (the rest is a not-so-inspired synthetic "woody" base) and is almost a sole redeeming quality of the EDT. The EDP, lacking this accord, is heavy-set, unwieldy and just plain boring to my nose. I also am not a fan of patchouli.

While the EDT smells interesting at the beginning and becomes generic as it progresses into drydown, the EDT to me smells like a nondescript "department store fragrance" right from the onset.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    While the EDT smells interesting at the beginning and becomes generic as it progresses into drydown, the EDT to me smells like a nondescript "department store fragrance" right from the onset.
    which one smells like department store fragrance? the EDP, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    which one smells like department store fragrance? the EDP, right ?
    Yep, the EDP does, sorry about the typo.

Since I can't find a sample/decant, I'd like to ask... Would I like the Intense if I didn't like the EDT (too much mint) and L'eau (too much grapefruit) versions?

Interested in trying this one out, for the people that own the Intense version, how much different is it from the original. Original was good, but was a bit boring to me after those top notes faded. Is the intense have a niche like smell to it?

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Since I can't find a sample/decant, I'd like to ask... Would I like the Intense if I didn't like the EDT (too much mint) and L'eau (too much grapefruit) versions?

I do not think you would like the INTENSE if you didn't like the EDT. Though, different, they are similar in many ways, particularly regarding the MINT, which is prevalent in both.

PERSIAN PRINCE:

The opening of the original is fizzier and brighter. The mojito note is more pronounced.

But, where the original becomes 'boring' as the top notes fade, the Intense does not. The Intense remains a deeper, better constructed scent. The rum and rhubarb become apparent and, blended with the mint, create a smooth, rich, slightly sweet composition (with some citrus and florals around the edge), that is a very unique smell, IMO. It is very reminiscent of the original, however it's like the whole composition was turned up a couple notches and fine tuned with the amplification or addition of certain ingredients. It really shines, where the original did not.

So I think if you liked the original, but got bored with its dry down, you might find that your really like the intense.

The longevity of the Intense is improved over the original as well as the projection.

I like both scents, and tend to reach for either depending on how 'heavy' I want to go that particular day.

As far as weather or not it has a 'niche like' smell...I can't say. I don't think so, but at the same time, it doesn't smell like any other designer frag I've encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    PERSIAN PRINCE:

The opening of the original is fizzier and brighter. The mojito note is more pronounced.

But, where the original becomes 'boring' as the top notes fade, the Intense does not. The Intense remains a deeper, better constructed scent. The rum and rhubarb become apparent and, blended with the mint, create a smooth, rich, slightly sweet composition (with some citrus and florals around the edge), that is a very unique smell, IMO. It is very reminiscent of the original, however it's like the whole composition was turned up a couple notches and fine tuned with the amplification or addition of certain ingredients. It really shines, where the original did not.

So I think if you liked the original, but got bored with its dry down, you might find that your really like the intense.

The longevity of the Intense is improved over the original as well as the projection.

I like both scents, and tend to reach for either depending on how 'heavy' I want to go that particular day.

As far as weather or not it has a 'niche like' smell...I can't say. I don't think so, but at the same time, it doesn't smell like any other designer frag I've encountered.
    Thank you for that indepth response, very much appreciated. I am going to try to see if i can score a sample of t his somewhere, but it sure is tempting to blind buy!

The one thing i did not like about the original is it was a bit playful of a scent if that makes any sense. I felt it was a bit too casual and just something i'd wear just hanging out. This one appears to be darker, more serious version which can be worn casually or formal occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I do not think you would like the INTENSE if you didn't like the EDT. Though, different, they are similar in many ways, particularly regarding the MINT, which is prevalent in both.
    You are right. I actually blind bought the intense version and didn't like it, because it was too boozy for my taste.

I was considering trying this out before i took the plunge on L'humaniste, but i'm thinking this one might not live up to my expecations and L'humaniste is a better buy.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I was considering trying this out before i took the plunge on L'humaniste, but i'm thinking this one might not live up to my expecations and L'humaniste is a better buy.
    What is "L'humaniste"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    What is "L'humaniste"?
    A fragrance from the house of Frapin

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    You are right. I actually blind bought the intense version and didn't like it, because it was too boozy for my taste.
    Boozyness, thats what im looking for

i think i might like the intense version

i like EDT, first time i tried it i thought it was really nice, classy scent
    some people consider it casual, summer, irrelevant scent
    But too my nose this scent is serious and mature
    only thing discouraged me to Buy it was longevity and projection

if this is improved By intense version, i would Blind Buy it

I can't say for sure as I've only tried (and own) the L'eau version, but I love boozy notes ( 1270, Idole, L'humaniste) so Im pretty confident I'd like the Intense better
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

EDP is better but the scent does nothing for me. If you want to smell like an average joe buy it.

yeah intense is one of those i think i am going to like a lot when i smell it
    im curious aBout guerlain's take on Boozy notes in a fragrance