Code of Conduct

Default Burberry Touch is Wonderful

I'm surprised this scent doesn't get more talk. A very comforting soft fragrance. Along the lines of Arpege pH or Gucci pH II, in terms of softness. Delicate and comforting, but no slacker in any department. Lasts long, doesn't project too well but is aromatic if that makes any sense. The sillage on it is better than the actual projection, as people will notice you when you walk by. I got a sample from Sephora, and added it to my wish list. Just picked up a 3.3 off Amazon for like 42 bucks w/ free shipping, which isn't bad.

I have found the Burberry house to be one of the best amongst designers. London is a masterpiece. The Beat is my favorite pepper fragrance. Burberry original is a great suit/tie scent, or for formal events. Although I hate Weekend and Brit. London Special Edition is nice as well, but very light with horrible longevity. I have also tried a couple others, but they didn't have any "wow" factor. Would love to try Burberry Summer.

Wondering what BN thinks of this one? Love, hate, so&so?

It also reminds me of Love & Luck

Default Re: Burberry Touch is Wonderful

I think it's a very nice scent and glad I own it.

I have love and luck and like it quite a bit. Haven't had a chance to smell this yet.

The only things I've heard about touch is that it's powdery and women love it. I liked Love and Luck because it similar to MI, but I found it a little on the feminine side of things.

Used to be my signature scent. It's quite easy to go overboard with it though. One or two squirts and be done. I found it to be a big compliment getter. Which is probably why I liked it so much...

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The only things I've heard about touch is that it's powdery and women love it. I liked Love and Luck because it similar to MI, but I found it a little on the feminine side of things.
    I really don't find it to be that powdery. Not feminine either, but definitley unisex.

Dependent

I don't find it to be too powdery whatsoever, and is one of the best designer scents on the market IMO.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I really don't find it to be that powdery. Not feminine either, but definitley unisex.
    I guess I'll find out my friend. Found a good deal on a 1 oz bottle on Ebay. If it smells like a baby's butt I'm giving it to my wife.

I must try this scent. I was put off the company after smelling the goat's piss that is Weekend, but I do like the sound of Touch.

Touch is an amazing fragrance but it can almost be too recognizable - almost like an Armani Code. I get tons of compliments but I also hear "Is that Burberry Touch? I love that one! My boyfriend use to wear that all the time." Not the response I'm really looking for....
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des GarÁons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Banned

Touch for Men by Burberry - Upon application, one experiences a lovely, wet violet, via the violet leaf tempered by artemisia and petit grain, with a hint of citrus from mandarin tree leaves. A somewhat soapy, powdery and sweet aura prevails. Floating to its enchanting heart, this opening melds nicely with virginia cedar, white pepper and nutmeg, imparting more sweetness and some faint spiciness to the blooming violet with dry woods serving as a backdrop to its powderiness. The omnipresent violet leaf is further transported to its comforting base where it is reinforced with sweet tonka bean, clean skin musk, and a dash of vetiver roots for smokiness. This powdery, floral composition is a quality fragrance, and has average projection and longevity.

I love Burberry Touch. I will always have a bottle in my collection.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I must try this scent. I was put off the company after smelling the goat's piss that is Weekend, but I do like the sound of Touch.

haha goat piss... Burberry touch is good.. Women like it and seems good for spring.. I've heard so much about London, I need to try that out

I honestly thought it was a forgettable, boring smell. The bottle design is great though.

I used a whole 50ml bottle of Love and Luck last summer and I don't see any similarities.

Basenotes Junkie

gonna test this next time, hows longevity?

I really loved it but a note in there for some reason really gets under my nose and makes it cloying after actually wearing it. Its not blatantly cloying as in super sweet, but its weird, it just gets under my nose and burns my nose and throat.

Regarding the scent, its a very nice watery, clean, fresh scent with a touch of sweetness. its the perfect type of fragrance to wear when you don't feel like necessarily wearing something that smells like a typical fragrance or anything too out there. very neutral in all aspects imo.

One of my first fragrances. Probably my favorite Burberry, aside from London's topnotes :P

I love touch, just don't overspray... It can get CLOYING. Especially in warm weather

I like this scent, but not as much as London and The Beat, but maybe I just need additional testings in order to make it "grow on me"

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    Touch is an amazing fragrance but it can almost be too recognizable - almost like an Armani Code. I get tons of compliments but I also hear "Is that Burberry Touch? I love that one! My boyfriend use to wear that all the time." Not the response I'm really looking for....
    It's one of the few scents I can recognize without any doubt.

Yes, it is. The only reason I don't have it is because there are just a few bottles that do what Touch does(a spring time, semi-powder based scent) that I prefer slightly more.

Really great scent that used to get me a lot of compliments. It's time for me to own this again. My wife LOVED it on me.

Basenotes Junkie

tried it today and it was just another powdery scent to my nose

How does it compare to Prada Infusion D'Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    did you wear it or try it on paper. IMO on paper its extra powdery and doesn't do the scent justice. it comes alive on the skin, imo with watery transaparent notes

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    did you wear it or try it on paper. IMO on paper its extra powdery and doesn't do the scent justice. it comes alive on the skin, imo with watery transaparent notes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    How does it compare to Prada Infusion D'Homme?
    Infusion d'Homme by Prada - an enchanting soapy and clean vibe ... the refreshing citrus opening, wherein the neroli and mandarin notes interplay wonderfully, yields to an intriguing heart, with its vetiver, iris, galbanum and cedar cocktail, majestically carrying to the squeaky-clean base of benzoin and frankincense .... decent longevity and projection ...

imo its a very good clean work scent

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    on skin, it did get better towards to end though

My bottle of Touch came today and your pretty much right on with the Gucci Pour Homme II vibe. The opening of touch took me back a little bit and the first thing that came to my mind was bugspray, but I let it air out for a minute and it settles into a nice sweet spicy type of scent. It also reminds me of Armani Mania a bit, but Touch out projects and out lasts both of them by miles. Another great recommendation Cologneist. For the record that's around 6 blind buys and all 6 were worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    imo its a very good clean work scent
    +1 - a fav of mine among my inoffensive office scents, which includes Prada Infusion D'Homme, Chanel Bleu, Chanel AHS, Chanel Allure Homme, YSL Live Jazz, YSL Jazz, YSL L'Homme, YSL Pour Homme, Dior Homme Sport, Lanvin L'Homme Sport, Boss No.6, Burberry Touch, Burberry Brit, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Bvlgari POur Homme Soir, Bvlgari POur Homme Extreme, Bvlgari Man, Bvlgari Aqua, Bvlgari Aqua Marine, Acqua Di Gio, L'Eau D'issey, L'eau D'Issey Intense, Carolina Herrera 212, Carolina Herrera Man, Carolina Herrera For Men, Armani Code, Monsieur de Givenchy, Mugler Cologne, Paco Rabanne XS, Versace Man, D&G The One and several other nice office frags I happen to own and enjoy at work
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

its a great scent. i have been through 2 bottles of it already. i first got it in 2003 and loved it at first sniff

Blind bought it today at CVS and I think I got a deal.

had a $10 off coupon from extrabucks and there's a special going on where if you buy $30 of frags + $4 of merchandise, you get an $10 coupon back. basically got 1oz for $15 or so. can't wait to try it out.

I used to really love this. not had a bottle for years. Slightly tempted to visit eBay now...

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Hah, your avatar is great. Welcome!

Thanks! yeah, it sums up my attitude & style most days.

Quote Originally Posted by mcurtiss View Post
    Thanks! yeah, it sums up my attitude & style most days.
    Yes great avatar

I wore Burberry Touch in the summer once and it cloyed me to death. However, it really shines in cold weather I discovered. Although, it's soft, powdery & soapy, I detect the pepper in the mid that roughs it up a bit making it more masculine.

The presentation is awesome with its tapered glass, topped off with that cool lookin Rosewood cap

Burberry seems to be extremely underated House on BN, or so it seems. Touch is another great one from them.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    Burberry seems to be extremely underated House on BN, or so it seems. Touch is another great one from them.
    Seems that way to me also and Burberry's fragrances are so accessible and at a fair price. So far I've smelled London, Brit, Brit Limited editon, and the beat. All of them I've purchased at a really good price and they all have been something I would add to my collection and wear.

Day 2 of wearing this and I totally love it. great longevity. don't be fooled by the opening spray. it settles down to a subtle classy sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by mcurtiss View Post
    Blind bought it today at CVS and I think I got a deal.

had a $10 off coupon from extrabucks and there's a special going on where if you buy $30 of frags + $4 of merchandise, you get an $10 coupon back. basically got 1oz for $15 or so. can't wait to try it out.