Code of Conduct

Default How much do discontinued Creed fragrances go for? (Selection Verte)

I have a brand new 8.4 oz flacon of Selection Verte. Just wondering how much something like this would typically go for, given it's discontinued.

Default Re: How much do discontinued Creed fragrances go for? (Selection Verte)

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I have a brand new 8.4 oz flacon of Selection Verte. Just wondering how much something like this would typically go for, given it's discontinued.
    SV isn't discontinued.

$365/ 8.4 oz at creedboutique.com

well that was a short thread.

Blog Entries

A lot of money.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

It is discontinued. I called the Creed Boutique.

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pro...election-verte

You can buy it directly from Creed online.
    My wanted thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265086 (currently in search of a bottle of Kiton Black)
    My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270368

yes it is discontinued, and yes you can buy it online currently.

it's called "inventory".

I've seen it from the very reasonable to the outlandishly astronomical.

Is it in a Green Glass Flacon or a clear glass flacon ?

I have a huge 1000ml green glass flacon of awesomely rich, vibrant juice, with a heavy green-floral-spicy/sweet, vegetal base

And a 250ml clear glass flacon bought two years ago, where the juice is fresh, very citrusy/minty, but is very thin and transparent texturally, with very little of that rich intoxicating vine/floral note in the base.

I called the Creed boutique in Paris - they said it was not being made any longer but production of it would resume again shortly. That was two months ago. The entire Private Collection (which Selection Verte was a part of) has technically been discontinued, with Selection Verte being an exception and Fleur de The Rose Bulgarie being another exception. Confusing?

Selection Verte in the green flacon will fetch a higher price than the juice in the clear glass flacons, which was reformulated (same goes for Fleur de The Rose Bulgarie).

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I called the Creed boutique in Paris - they said it was not being made any longer but production of it would resume again shortly. That was two months ago. The entire Private Collection (which Selection Verte was a part of) has technically been discontinued, with Selection Verte being an exception and Fleur de The Rose Bulgarie being another exception. Confusing?

Selection Verte in the green flacon will fetch a higher price than the juice in the clear glass flacons, which was reformulated (same goes for Fleur de The Rose Bulgarie).
    And I must thoroughly thank the most dilligent gumshoe on Basenotes (anthonyDG) for hipping me to a 500ml Flacon of Vintage Selection Verte in London, but when that was sold (I felt crushed for a sec), they also had a 1000ml !! I couldn't pass it up!! And much thanks to the UK basenoter who was kind enough to do me the favor of buying and shipping it stateside, when the small boutique would not ship here.....I still owe you a big favor, sir.

Thank you basenotes !!!

The pleasure was all mine, but good to know you owe me a favor - I might need to collect on that soon

To think that Creed would discontinue Selection Verte and/or reformulate it from the fragrance I know, to something much weaker and less enjoyable, is really quite sad. Every lover of fragrance should experience Selection Verte and see why many see it as one of the best green fragrances ever composed... in its original composition, not reformulated to the point of being unrecognizable. Several sprays of SV to the chest and neck on a warm day is unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    And I must thoroughly thank the most dilligent gumshoe on Basenotes (anthonyDG) for hipping me to a 500ml Flacon of Vintage Selection Verte in London, but when that was sold (I felt crushed for a sec), they also had a 1000ml !! I couldn't pass it up!! And much thanks to the UK basenoter who was kind enough to do me the favor of buying and shipping it stateside, when the small boutique would not ship here.....I still owe you a big favor, sir.

Thank you basenotes !!!

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    It might take several months before someone might pay a small premium for the SV flacon, IMO. SV was available through one of the mainstream Creed channels in the USA until late last month (one left now that I know of). Still, I don't think you can go wrong in the long haul, especially if you like the scent. From what Anthony reported it looks like we'll see SV again in yet another reformulation. Only time will tell how it will compare to what you and I have. I'm using SV from a tester and I liked it enough to seek a flacon or two. What I don't know is if the SV tester is vintage or not.

Martin
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 7th April 2011 at 09:28 AM.

^If the juice is a darker, amber/orange/brownish color....it's vintage. the vintage will have a very distinct drydown, that is quite strong, still a bit of Verbena hanging on.......sweetly spicy, grassy/minty/green/vegetal, and very sweetly-floral. The drydown in the vintage is very "texturally thick".

If it's that lighter, pale-yellowish, less opaque, more clear juice, it's newer formula. I have smelled two distinct newer formulas, both of which had the very pale colored juice.

One from several years ago which was very citrusy/minty, and herbal, but not richly-floral or sweetly-spicy.....and an even newer formula from a tester my nieman marcus just got in last autumn, which is slightly less citrusy, not as vibrantly minty, and seems to be more transparently-synthetically grassy/floral, in a different (much less rich) way than the vintage was floral, and not overtly herbal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I called the Creed boutique in Paris ...

Did the Creed boutique say the FdTRB was reformulated? Or is that just the common assumption, based on the glass color having been changed? I asked that question of the SAs in the NY boutique and they said it had not been reformulated. They said the reason for the glass color change is that they wanted to have a more up to date look because other companies now had the colored-glass/apothecary look.

They also said all the large flacons still have the green glass, because sometimes stores order them for display purposes, and the green filters out some of the light.

I have juice from 5 batches of FdTRB, and they all differ slightly, but I do not think it's reasonable to think Creed reformulated 5 times recently. It seems more likely that the batches varied somewhat to begin with, and some have aged as well; the oldest batch has lost some of its green top notes, so smells less green.

Edit: Also with FdTRB I've noticed the testers' juice suffers considerably from being exposed to light, and is less long-lasting than the juice in a purchased bottle. I noticed this about the testers of FdTRB at 2 different Saks stores. This is one fragrance that really needs to be kept in the dark.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 25th March 2011 at 02:40 AM.