Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Creed Royal Oud

Default Creed Royal Oud

I just come back from the Printemps store in Paris, where I stopped at the Creed corner to ask the manager about new fragrances to come, especially Original Cologne and Jardin d'Amalfi.
    She confirmed that these should be available in August, but add to my knowledge that Creed is right now in the process to deliver a new fragrance in July, named "Royal Oud".
    "Why an Oud fragrance in July ?" I asked. She answered that it has been scheduled for rich tourist from the arabian area that come massively in Paris this particular month to shop the Fall/Winter collections.

Anyone else heard about this one ?

Default Re: Creed Royal Oud

nice scoop!

this must be the "mystery" fragrance coming this summer, created by Erwin, that has the folks at Creed "far more excited than they were about Aventus".

i love Oud. if this is true, this is very good news to me. this nicely fills another hole in the Creed lineup.

I did hear a whisper when I was in London a few months back.........didn't know whether to believe it or not.....anyway, I personally hope so..........
    and please, no haters (it's becoming so tiresome)...........there's nothing for you here, so please move along....

Interesting.

Creed will have a Royal Oud, as Montale has a Royal Aoud. (And there may be others as well...)

What a way to go with your first post >.> Another creed bot I presume?

Despite the fact i'm starting to like creed a little more lately, I'm afraid it's not a house I can see doing oud right. But we'll see..

I was wondering when Creed would put out an oud offering. This is one fragrance trend I'm pleased to see, almost starting to make up for the Calone blight of the 90's.

here we go again!.....yet another creed post going off topic..........atta boy!!!

well anyhoo, I for one am looking forward to an oud from Creed!!!

and the topic of this discussion is........answers on a postcard, to the usual address, thank you......

Looking forward to this new release.

I wonder if it`s going to be in the Millesime line, or a Royal Exclusive..

Ok guys lets get back to the main point of this...

This sounds like a great scoop. I think this would be a great diversion from the very light fresh creeds that have been coming out lately. I hope that this is a darker creed much like many of the vintage scents from the past. I am dying for some vintage creed type creation!

I'll try this, but can't say I have high expectations. Not crazy about L'Artisan and Kilian's Oud - I think certain companies just shouldn't do Oud. If they can put a unique twist on it, though, that might be interesting.

Please keep on topic. And BTW, if you don't know the topic is Creed Royal Oud.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Please keep on topic. And BTW, if you don't know the topic is Creed Royal Oud.
    I apologize for deviating so much in the topic of the thread earlier - I'm just trying to help a fellow bnoter out by providing some context for a way to avoid being angered here. In the interest of directing back straight into the topic - does anyone out there have any idea what the notes list is for Royal Oud? Anything published yet? Any rumors?

Blog Entries

I'm interested in the notes as well. I'm particularly fond of oud when mixed with rose (big surprise, ha!)

I quit posting about my Creed purchases after Aventus just because of this specific basher.

Only thing I got from complaining about him was a warning on my account so I quit post about Creeds. It's not worth it to try and talk about something you like just to have somebody keep on body slamming it and having to have the last word on your post be a negative one about the house.

I won't complain about him again , but I agree with several people on this post.

I don't mind people who disagree but 10x in one post about the same thing get's old, very old. Sometimes people just like the smell and don't give a darn about the history of the house or whether it was 8 bucks at Target. I sure don't and I still enjoy them all.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Im guessing since its called "Royal" Oud itll probably be a Royal Exclusive. I think thatll be 5 in a row from Creed that are Royal Exclusives? Excluding Aventus. Spice and Wood, Sublime Vanille, and the three new ones. Plus this. Oh well, Just another Creed I wont be able to aford. Its a shame because I love the brand.
    Yayyy eBay...

Sorry didn't mean to derail again, my favorit Oud so far is Leather Oud by Dior which I haven't had the sack to try and wear to work yet. I will be interested to see how this compares, hard to imagine oud with the creed house note. I haven't smelled any Bond Oud's now that I think about it either.

I will definitely give it a sniff when it comes in !
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I'll try this, but can't say I have high expectations. Not crazy about L'Artisan and Kilian's Oud - I think certain companies just shouldn't do Oud. If they can put a unique twist on it, though, that might be interesting.
    That's part of the reason I'm so amused by the oud craze, it's got all of the qualities reviled by consumers brought up on citrus/fresh-calone/aquatic-squeaky-clean-laundry-musks. It's the medicinal/fecal-tinged tree sludge left over from fending off a fungal infection, not exactly a sexy sounding product nor easy to work into a mainstream product. And even the generally good companies can get it very wrong; L'Artisan gets full props for putting in a bold oud-ish aspect but the rest of the execution is pretty miserable. This could be another Creed where you are left wondering why they named it after an ingredient it doesn't contain but oud could be one of the ingredients that plays to Creed's strength of using good materials in conservative compositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew777 View Post
    Im guessing since its called "Royal" Oud itll probably be a Royal Exclusive. I think thatll be 5 in a row from Creed that are Royal Exclusives? Excluding Aventus.
    It will not be a Royal Exclusive. It will be part of their main line. This is what I garnered from a conversation with the Boutique recently.

so... mixing rumor with confirmed info, it looks like 2011 is shaping up like this:

1 Limited Edition Release
    Feuille Verte
    250ml flacon
    $605
    (late April)

3 Royal Exclusives
    Original Cologne
    White Flowers
    Jardin d'Amalfi

250ml sprayable flacons
    $550
    (summer 2011)

1 "normal" line release
    Royal Oud
    normal sizes, prices probably in line with Aventus
    (summer 2011)

1 Super-Duper-Exclusive-Expensive-OnceInaLifeTime Release
    250th Anniversary Fragrance
    rumor of 50ml, rumor of $1500
    (fall 2011)
    Last edited by Topsail; 24th March 2011 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I would almost certainly bet on a royal Exclusive........I mean, it's named "Royal Oud".......

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail View Post
    It will not be a Royal Exclusive. It will be part of their main line. This is what I garnered from a conversation with the Boutique recently.

so... it looks like 2011 is shaping up like this:

1 Limited Edition Release
    Feuille Verte
    250ml flacon
    $605
    (late April)

3 Royal Exclusives
    Original Cologne
    White Flowers
    Jardin d'Amalfi

250ml sprayable flacons
    (summer 2011)

1 "normal" line release
    Royal Oud
    normal sizes, prices probably in line with Aventus
    (summer 2011)

1 Super-Duper-Exclusive-Expensive-OnceInaLifeTime Release
    250th Anniversary Fragrance
    rumor of 50ml, rumor of $1500
    (fall 2011)
    Olivier is racing to the finish line it seems.
    I have faith at least one or two of those will be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Ok guys lets get back to the main point of this...

This sounds like a great scoop. I think this would be a great diversion from the very light fresh creeds that have been coming out lately. I hope that this is a darker creed much like many of the vintage scents from the past. I am dying for some vintage creed type creation!
    Yes, I agree t would be a great move for this to be a heavy scent, as heavy and dark as say the "syrupy"(read: Syrupy oud) Royal English Leather or the potently woody Bois Du Portugal....

I would be greatly dissapointed if they took a tiny dab of fantasticly dark natural oud oil, and cut it with the same synthetic oud used in XXV, and made a weak/dry/reserved scent like Spice and Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    I quit posting about my Creed purchases after Aventus just because of this specific basher.

I won't complain about him again , but I agree with several people on this post.
    please stick around. if enough of us put him on the "ignore" list, we will once again be able to enjoy discussing this company.

Sorry i fell into his trap today. Never again.

I don't care for oud, I wonder if Creed can change my mind.

If this is real -- I'm in. . . very much so. . . very interested to see what Creed could add to the category.

Very interesting and exciting!!!
    Gary

I think this could be promising, working under the premise that the Creed oud fragrance would be lighter in texture and therefore quite wearable.

I'd hate to see a cheap, synthetic oud or something that could belong in the Montale Aoud lineup. To be part of the Royal Exclusives might mean it could be a VERY light skin scent, like Sublime Vanille, which smells very cheap and hollow.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I think this could be promising, working under the premise that the Creed oud fragrance would be lighter in texture and therefore quite wearable.

I'd hate to see a cheap, synthetic oud or something that could belong in the Montale Aoud lineup. To be part of the Royal Exclusives might mean it could be a VERY light skin scent, like Sublime Vanille, which smells very cheap and hollow.
    Are the Montale Aouds sucky? I always thought, from reading, that they were more competent. Never tried them though.

Sublime Vanille is definitely one of the more "hollow" Creeds, it's like there's something missing from it to my nose. I wouldn't call it a skin scent, though. For Creed to make an oud smell that way, they would have to strip the fungal resistance right out of the stuff. If it's a normal Millesime, I'll be happy. I need a few more of those to choose from.

Oh, no - because they use high quality ouds, they're often used as a benchmark from which to compare other oud fragrances. I should have clarified that Montale has really overdone their Aoud line to the point there are like 80 of them, now (exaggerating a bit, but there are at least a dozen too many in the Aoud series IMO). Creed's would need to stand out, above and beyond, any Montale Aoud in terms of originality... otherwise the Creed is just as redundant as Aoud ____ by Montale and I don't think anyone would want to spend Creed prices on a redundant oud fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Are the Montale Aouds sucky? I always thought, from reading, that they were more competent. Never tried them though.
    I suppose I could agree with calling the Royal Exclusives... "transparent"? Is that the style they really want to emulate? I've always associated royalty with excess, opulence... not transparency and light, breezy and even weak.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think it's strange how, aside from M7, oud hasn't mainstreamed all that much and remains a trend confined to niche brands. Are only noses-in-the-know attracted to it, or is the general public still largely unaware that it exists?

Creed's oud may or may not be an "original" take in the same manner as Original Vetiver and Santal. If so, it might not be the best thing for a first time oud sniffer to try. Then again, they may go a totally different direction altogether.

i'm tellin you guys, it's NOT a Royal Exclusive.

if whoever "Floute" is, if he's right, then this is the new millesime fragrance that is expected to drop this summer.

just because it has "Royal" in the name doesn't mean it's part of the Royal Exclusive line. (see Royal Water, Royal Delight, Royal English Leather, Royal Scottish Lavender)

I suppose I could agree with calling the Royal Exclusives... "transparent"? Is that the style they really want to emulate? I've always associated royalty with excess, opulence... not transparency and light, breezy and even weak.
    The syrupy and/or "heavier" Creeds don't really sell that well...from what I know Royal Delight, Angelique Encens, Love in Black, Bois du Portugal, Irisia, JiE, et al register sales far below fragrances of the ilk such as GIT, Imperial, ViW, SMW etc. The Creed challenge with an oudh note will be to make it wearable and not overwhelm the nostrils...to me they superbly accomplished this with Sublime Vanille, which features a heavy dose of top notch orchid and bourbon vanilla yet is at the same time furnished in an uncluttered composition and presented with touches of light citrus notes to make the central component stand out. If Creed can maintain the same unilateral focus on oudh, preferably also maintaining the animalic tinges of the ingredient, count me in. As of this writing, I know of no oudh fragrance which I can wear 24/7 in simmering heat.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    The syrupy and/or "heavier" Creeds don't really sell that well...from what I know Royal Delight, Angelique Encens, Love in Black, Bois du Portugal, Irisia, JiE, et al register sales far below fragrances of the ilk such as GIT, Imperial, ViW, SMW etc.
    It certainly makes sense that GIT, MI, VIW, SMW etc. sell far more than the others, and I think Creed has intentionally steered people's focus to these fragrances over, say, Royal Delight or BdP. We've seen GIT, MI, SMW provide the inspiration (to say the very least) for the biggest sellers in male and female fragrance. It still seems the aquatic/fresh fragrances are the most popular.. maybe that trend is shifting and when it does, I'll sure be happy. Sort of like after radio stations stopped playing "Barbie Girl" every hour on the radio.

The Creed challenge with an oudh note will be to make it wearable and not overwhelm the nostrils...to me they superbly accomplished this with Sublime Vanille, which features a heavy dose of top notch orchid and bourbon vanilla yet is at the same time furnished in an uncluttered composition and presented with touches of light citrus notes to make the central component stand out. If Creed can maintain the same unilateral focus on oudh, preferably also maintaining the animalic tinges of the ingredient, count me in. As of this writing, I know of no oudh fragrance which I can wear 24/7 in simmering heat.
    In Sublime Vanille, the vanilla doesn't smell like it is anything special... rather, it seems so one-dimensional and boring, like it has been done before. Not done before like the vanilla featured in Micallef's Note Vanillee or Guerlain's SDV. Those are multifaceted and complex vanillas I own and consider to be the quintessential vanilla fragrances, where the Sublime Vanille never revealed anything beautiful to me. Lemon/citrus + vanilla + light musk is all I ever smelled from it and I'm also not sure I really enjoy the Royal Exclusive flacon presentation - Creed could have done better, I'm sure of it, and I really don't think these Royal Exclusives are going to be good sellers for Creed.

So similar treatment with oud could make wearing oud even more enjoyable, because I can't get behind pure oud aside from appreciating it more academically than really wanting to wear it and smell of it. By Kilian's Cruel Intentions has helped me see the light on oud. But the vanilla was never hard to palate for me in SDV even on warmer days - the heat only seems to bring out different facets of it. I had hoped Sublime Vanille would have performed brilliantly in the summer, when I received it, but it really bored the living daylights out of me.

The syrupy and/or "heavier" Creeds don't really sell that well...The Creed challenge with an oudh note will be to make it wearable and not overwhelm the nostrils....
    Original Santal is quite syrupy, and sells well I assume.....and have you seen how many sweet scents sell well among both niche and minstream houses? You sound like you are predicting another "seem well-blended and classy by keeping all ingredients at a minimal concentration" transparent dissapointment like both royal exclusives so far.

I think where CREED's house identity, is in having scents that suceed in being both fresh and light", and yet also rich and opaque.

This new identity of "transparency from top to base" really isn't qualitatively discerning enough to warrant premium prices.....it seems so "designer". This is my biggest critique of every creed released since Windsor....they've all lacked richness and layered opaqueness. Aventus base finally seems to be at the strength it should be at in batch c42b10j01 (maybe a tiny bit more vanilla like earlier batches), but it lacked a sufficiently strong/contrasting.masking fruity top to keep the smokey heart hidden from the user as a surprise.........Although it seems that concept (intense fruit to masculine moss/gris) is nearing it's potential...... closer with every batch I have smelled.

part of superior development is having a concrete sense of opaqueness at each identifiable stage, hiding what is to come....and when shifting to a greater percentage of synthetics.....these dramatic points in development are often lost....it just all melds togehter, and each distinct stage is less so.....

So, in summary, I would simply love an Oudh perfume, that is both cool & fresh, and richly opaque......one that isn't just reliant on "transparent lightness" throughout all stages to give a "wearable" effect.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 25th March 2011 at 04:32 AM.

In Sublime Vanille, the vanilla doesn't smell like it is anything special... rather, it seems so one-dimensional and boring, like it has been done before. Not done before like the vanilla featured in Micallef's Note Vanillee or Guerlain's SDV. Those are multifaceted and complex vanillas I own and consider to be the quintessential vanilla fragrances, where the Sublime Vanille never revealed anything beautiful to me. Lemon/citrus + vanilla + light musk is all I ever smelled from it and I'm also not sure I really enjoy the Royal Exclusive flacon presentation - Creed could have done better, I'm sure of it, and I really don't think these Royal Exclusives are going to be good sellers for Creed.

So similar treatment with oud could make wearing oud even more enjoyable, because I can't get behind pure oud aside from appreciating it more academically than really wanting to wear it and smell of it. By Kilian's Cruel Intentions has helped me see the light on oud. But the vanilla was never hard to palate for me in SDV even on warmer days - the heat only seems to bring out different facets of it. I had hoped Sublime Vanille would have performed brilliantly in the summer, when I received it, but it really bored the living daylights out of me.
    Guerlains SDV is actually one of the worst expensive "vanillas" I have ever smelled. I haven't tried Micallef's but I have tried various vanilla extracts and oils and SDV is just...bad and infected with a harsh synthy wood note. I discuss more in my basenotes review so as not to distract from the oudh discussion here.

I would like a quality wearable Oudh fragrance for once...if I want a loud, uber rich, ear-shattering oudh composition I can either put my head down Montale's well or grab one of the uber-parfum concentration house-clearing oudh oils from my early days in the arabian peninsula (which I have tried aplenty since I was 9 years old, way before my more technical interest in fragrances exploded).
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Original Santal is quite syrupy, and sells well I assume.....and have you seen how many sweet scents sell well among both niche and minstream houses? You sound like you are predicting another "seem well-blended and classy by keeping all ingredients at a minimal concentration" transparent dissapointment like both royal exclusives so far.
    I have never perceived Original Santal as a syrupy oriental and never understood how it can be labelled "syrupy" when even within the Creed catalog it can't compare to stuff such as Royal Delight or Royal English Leather which are very rich fragrances. And OS certainly can't be said to be as rich as the various baroque Guerlains or Lutens. I mostly get a spicy-woods concoction with coriander/cinnamon and cedar/sandalwood dominating with orange blossom on top. The oriental facets of Original Santal are a bit of a disappointment..the vanilla in the base isn't strong enough, and certainly not of the quality found in Angelique Encens or Sublime Vanille or Vanisia. It just doesn't have that oomph. Similar with the tonka in the base...just not enough of it. Its like a wide-chested man with tiny legs. When I spray a rich Lutens I get a smorgasboard of rich oriental notes ..styrax, beeswax, vanilla, some florals, all in a dense cloud..overwhelming at times yes, but atleast it stays true to its classification. OS is a woody-oriental, but its more woods than oriental.

An oudh spin on this would have to push out major oudh in the base to plump it into the rich oriental/woods classification.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I think where CREED's house identity, is in having scents that suceed in being both fresh and light", and yet also rich and opaque.

This new identity of "transparency from top to base" really isn't qualitatively discerning enough to warrant premium prices.....it seems so "designer". This is my biggest critique of every creed released since Windsor....they've all lacked richness and layered opaqueness. Aventus base finally seems to be at the strength it should be at in batch c42b10j01 (maybe a tiny bit more vanilla like earlier batches), but it lacked a sufficiently strong/contrasting.masking fruity top to keep the smokey heart hidden from the user as a surprise.........Although it seems that concept (intense fruit to masculine moss/gris) is nearing it's potential...... closer with every batch I have smelled.
    For one reason or the another, Creed have decided to a take a minimalist approach to the Royal Exclusives. Focus on a few core ingredients and present them face-front in good concentrations with minimal intrusion or complementary notes...which can be read as "less complexity". While they might be not as complex, their balance is superb. I was quite impressed with how Spice and Wood flows..the way the clove, birch, and fruit notes are balanced with cedar, and how they link together is superb. So I guess they are less about complexity, more about establishing balance between a few key ingredients.

I also find Windsor to be of the same ilk...Windsors development and complexity is about on par with Spice and Woods. Aventus on the other hand is a full-bodied composition with distinct development at every phase.
    Last edited by zztopp; 25th March 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    -

Guerlains SDV is actually one of the worst expensive "vanillas" I have ever smelled. I haven't tried Micallef's but I have tried various vanilla extracts and oils and SDV is just...bad and infected with a harsh synthy wood note. I discuss more in my basenotes review so as not to distract from the oudh discussion here.
    Indeed, you've accused SDV of many things including reformulation, which I couldn't disagree with you more on... but we'll agree to disagree for the sake of not derailing the thread

I would like a quality wearable Oudh fragrance for once...if I want a loud, uber rich, ear-shattering oudh composition I can either put my head down Montale's well or grab one of the uber-parfum concentration house-clearing oudh oils from my early days in the arabian peninsula (which I have tried aplenty since I was 9 years old, way before my more technical interest in fragrances exploded).
    This is where I'd agree, insofar as a wearable oud/oudh, though there are a few other ones out there that have succeeded at this (the aforementioned Cruel Intentions, Caron Oud and a few others I'm not remembering off the top of my head). Some of Montale's Aoud fragrances aren't loud or overly rich/dense but many of them are. The problem I have is how unremarkable so many of these oud fragrances are in terms of their development - how linear and ultimately boring they are. My criticism of the Creed Royal Exclusives fragrances I've tried, to date, is similar in nature.

Creed has the capability of pulling off a very exotic, special thing with their oud fragrance... I'm wishing nothing but the best, but they're arriving pretty late to the oud party.

Creed has the capability of pulling off a very exotic, special thing with their oud fragrance... I'm wishing nothing but the best, but they're arriving pretty late to the oud party.
    Just last week Pierre Montale was having one of his all-weekend "wild and randy" party bashes ..he saw Olivier Creed drive up to his mansion. Out stumbled Pierre in the driveway, all hammered and dizzy and holding a big bottle of wine in his hand and mumbled "Olivier moi ami, where have you been man? The party's almost over, its 5a.m. in the morning! Hurry come on in, check out the mess Duchaufour's been making over here!"
    -

LOL @ the image of these French noses all arriving in their Bentleys to party with Charlie Sheen, gettin' down to the OUD! hehehe

Just last week Pierre Montale was having one of his all-weekend "wild and randy" party bashes ..he saw Olivier Creed drive up to his mansion. Out stumbled Pierre in the driveway, all hammered and dizzy and holding a big bottle of wine in his hand and mumbled "Olivier moi ami, where have you been man? The party's almost over, its 5a.m. in the morning! Hurry come on in, check out the mess Duchaufour's been making over here!"

That's funny! Hey ZZ, I think we gotta give some credit to Erwin Creed for Royal Oud even though there is no way any fragrance could be launched without Olivier's direct involvement or approval while he is still alive. (BTW, I can't believe how peaceful and fun the RO discussion has been lately.)

Martin

Martin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    That's funny! Hey ZZ, I think we gotta give some credit to Erwin Creed for Royal Oud even though there is no way any fragrance could be launched without Olivier's direct involvement or approval while he is still alive. (BTW, I can't believe how peaceful and fun the RO discussion has been lately.)

Martin

Martin
    Gee, I can't quite place why . . . .

Royal Oud, if it were to be released as a Royal Exclusive, would likely mirror the style of the established Royal E's in its scent profile. The one that gets me is Spice and Wood - I feel like the apple/birch/spice evolution is very smooth, and the wood is particularly well rendered. It doesn't seem like a very strong scent after initial application. But it surprised me with its longevity and presence. I could still smell it on myself 7 hours after application, and 9 hours after application it was still around. For a Creed, that's pretty phenomenal! Royal Oud might have the same tricky effect. Transparent at the outset, but still somewhat formidable in the longevity/sillage department. I was ready to crap all over Spice and Wood for being short-lived at an atrocious price-point, but I really couldn't do that after I tried it. Likewise, if Royal Oud is a regular Millesime, it will probably be one of those that has quite a punch in the first ten minutes, and then seems to disappear for the wearer, only to reappear again mysteriously when people compliment him on it . . .

I will definitely get a sample and give it a try. Hopefully it will be better than Spice and Wood (which was the first Creed I sampled that I was really disappointed with).

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail View Post
    i'm tellin you guys, it's NOT a Royal Exclusive.

if whoever "Floute" is, if he's right, then this is the new millesime fragrance that is expected to drop this summer.

just because it has "Royal" in the name doesn't mean it's part of the Royal Exclusive line. (see Royal Water, Royal Delight, Royal English Leather, Royal Scottish Lavender)
    Whaoh... Didin't think it would make people react this way...
    May I just precise that I am not a Creed lobbyist, I just go from time to time to the "Scent Room" of the Printemps store in Paris, and the manager of the Creed corner is a nice lady I like to discuss with, that's all.
    Based on what she said, the Royal Oud will not be part of the "Royal Exclusives" fragrances to be released.
    And about the "notes", she just mentionned that it has been partly designed for the specific taste of oriental customers who come to Paris during the summer...

For one reason or the another, Creed have decided to a take a minimalist approach to the Royal Exclusives. Focus on a few core ingredients and present them face-front in good concentrations with minimal intrusion or complementary notes...which can be read as "less complexity". While they might be not as complex, their balance is superb.
    I agree. I think their mission with Royal Exclusives is, as they say, "fragrance as art". They are very high quality but simple presentations. They pay homage to the ingredients instead of trying to create a "personality" frag like Aventus or Green Irish Tweed. This will bore some people (like dullah apparently), but will appeal to a niche market within a niche market greatly.

I think if you don't like the first two RE, you should lower your expectations for the next eight.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    But it surprised me with its longevity and presence. I could still smell it on myself 7 hours after application, and 9 hours after application it was still around. For a Creed, that's pretty phenomenal!
    agreed. i get better than average longevity out of both Spice & Wood and Sublime Vanille.

and from the description, looks like Original Cologne will have some legs too:

Inspired by the legendary colognes of the Regency and Victorian era, with ORIGINAL COLOGNE, Creed have orchestrated traditional and modern notes to produce a triumphant accord that is clear and clean, but profoundly tenacious. A masterpiece of 21st century perfumery, made possible by the legacy of 250 years of expertise combined with the innovative vision of Olivier and Erwin Creed.

to me it would seem to make more sense to make this another in the "Original" theme. i.e. Original Oud

seems like that line takes one accord (vetiver, sandalwood) and puts an original take on it. which is exactly what i would want from this new fragrance.

i can imagine the same style gradient bottle - black fading up to brown/amber.

Don't know how I missed this for 2 weeks:

Apparently, Royal Exclusives are going to be available in 75ml bottles (both Sublime vanille, and Spice and Wood are pictured in 75ml bottles with clear caps).

And later in the video, the very underwhelming packaging for CREED's Royal Aoud is unveiled:

For some reason I anticipated either it being a royal exclusive, or having a deep burgundy gradient or deep burgundy bottle entirely. But aesthetics aside, Erwin describes it as a light easy to wear Aoud, for the Occidental/European.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_TO3lDiqI
    Last edited by DULLAH; 25th April 2011 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks for the video...Would really like to try this but think I'll have to wait a while. I just hope it doesn't follow in the footsteps of Spice and Wood & Sublime Vanille, both scents which I was very underwhelmed by.

I'm wondering if some of the new Creed fragrances will actually arrive in the USA before the projected date of early July? Has anyone heard when they might be available from the Paris Boutique or elsewhere in England or Europe? Although I'm interested in the Original Cologne, Royal Oud, and Jardin d'Amalfi, it's the arrival of Feuille Verte that I'm the most excited about at this point.

Martin

Wow, what a fun video. Thanks Mr. Dullah. Can't wait to try Royal Oud. Spice and Wood, and Sublime Vanille, in smaller, more affordable bottles: yes, I'm in.

And I certainly agree with Mr. Jazznpool: Feuille Verte, most enticing. . .

A crappy Monday - this news really cheered me up. Looking forward to enjoying all of these.

Any word of a Feuille Verte release date?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHarvard View Post
    Any word of a Feuille Verte release date?
    Early July is what I've heard---I hope it is sooner.

Martin

You've got to be kidding me. Creed does an oud.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I was hoping Royal Oud would come in a 4 oz bottle, instead of just the 2.5 like Bois du Portugal. Hmmm.

I just had an email from the UK supplier of Creed:

They are launching the new Creed Royal Exclusives fragrances in Harrods on
    Sunday the 1st of June where you are able to get a sample of Original
    Cologne plus others.

hmmm, can't wait for the failboat to come in on this one

Tried Royal Oud for the first time today. Lots of zingy spicy citrus on top - a refreshing blast. Lemon, cedrat, grapefruit? A bit of cardamom? An aura of oud is already present from the get go...little to minimal band-aid smell..theres also a cool methol minty facet...there might be some camphor in the formula. There's a light animalic tinge (this is not a barnyard powerhouse) and some smokiness. I guess theres a bit of cedar in there as well. If you are looking for an everyday quality oud, this might be it.
    Last edited by zztopp; 1st May 2011 at 03:02 AM.
    -

Tried Royal Oud for the first time today. Lots of zingy spicy citrus on top - a refreshing blast. Lemon, cedrat, grapefruit? A bit of cardamom? An aura of oud is already present from the get go...little to minimal band-aid smell..theres also a cool methol minty facet...there might be some camphor in the formula. There's a light animalic tinge (this is not a barnyard powerhouse) and some smokiness. I guess theres a bit of cedar in there as well. If you are looking for an everyday quality oud, this might be it.
    Sounds nice. Longevity?