Code of Conduct

Default Does a Tom Ford Private Blend Collection 250ml comes with a spray?

I am just wondering how you guys use it if it is without a spray? Please advise. Thanks!

Default Re: Does a Tom Ford Private Blend Collection 250ml comes with a spray?

No, it has an applier in it's cap, but it's mainly for decanting. They have an official tom ford atomizer you're supposed to fill it with.

How is it transferred to the atomizer? A 250ml is a very big bottle. If we keep open and close the cap frequently, wouldnt it be exposed to the air and risk the perfume going bad fast? Any advice how to tackle this problem?

Thanks and sorry for asking noobie questions.

Well, the official tom ford atomizer comes with a funnel. However it is obviously overpriced, you could just get the bottle of your choice plus a funnel or even a liquid dropper. Use google to find various websites that offer perfume bottles and other tools you might need to transfer liquid. This process is known as decanting. PilotVials, Bestbottles and accessories for Fragrances are some of the sites that I've had good experience with. Especially PilotVials, though they have a limited selection of bottles (biggest is 30ml, and not very pretty).

Obviously those Huge 250ml jars aren't supposed to be used to apply the fragrance directly. The air thing is not a huge deal unless you forget to put the cap on for hours or days, but small particles like hair, dust or what have you could fall inside. Besides spraying is better than rubbing in my opinion, for alcohol based fragrances.

So you probably want to invest in a bottle + a funnel or a liquid dropper. Both can cost you as low as $5. Unless you fancy the Tom Ford official bottle, or some other luxurious bottle. Funnels can be found in some grocery stores as well, if you already have a bottle.

thank you for ur time and detailed explanation. You have been very helpful!

I bought a few fancy atomizers from Penhaligon's.

Sorry to revive this, but does anyone know about the two Tom Ford atomizers available? I have seen a black one and a gold one. I was just curious if either are still available, where you can obtain them officially, and which is considered the standard atomizer of the two?

Black Tom Ford Atomizer

Gold Tom Ford Atomizer

Thanks

I am pretty sure the gold one is the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    No, it has an applier in it's cap, but it's mainly for decanting. They have an official tom ford atomizer you're supposed to fill it with.
    Do you mean you use the low end of the cap to apply?

What I do know is that I made the horrible mistake of opening a new flacon of Tobacco Vanille and taking a sniff right up close. It destroyed my senses for about 12 hrs. I now try not to breathe out of my nose whenever I open it for decanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Sorry to revive this, but does anyone know about the two Tom Ford atomizers available? I have seen a black one and a gold one. I was just curious if either are still available, where you can obtain them officially, and which is considered the standard atomizer of the two?

Black Tom Ford Atomizer

Gold Tom Ford Atomizer

Thanks
    The black one is the atomizer that is given away with purchase of a decanter while the gold is the old atomizer that used to be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabel View Post
    The black one is the atomizer that is given away with purchase of a decanter while the gold is the old atomizer that used to be sold.
    Was this only a temporary promotional item? My TF rep hasn't had these in store since last fall, fortunately I got two at the time, but would love more.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Was this only a temporary promotional item? My TF rep hasn't had these in store since last fall, fortunately I got two at the time, but would love more.
    No, They only supply around 24 at a time to each store and they get stolen by employees quicker then anything I have ever seen. ( I kept all of mine hidden and they were still stolen ) It's a shame since it's a major selling point to a decanter.

Thanks for the info guys. I kind of want to buy a decanter of TV, largely just because I like the apothecary-style bottle way more than the chess piece (well, plus I looove the scent), but I'd want a nice Tom Ford method for applying it! So I will check with Neiman's here, and if they have it, good. If not, I'll contact the Tom Ford customer service.

I see now that the Gold one is a travel size and the black one is a 30mL atomizer specifically for decant pairing.

Interestingly, both are based on vintage Cartier lighters. You can see that they actually still sell models that very closely resemble the two Tom Ford atomizers.

Gold Lighter

Black Lighter with Gold Accents

Thanks for the info guys. I kind of want to buy a decanter of TV, largely just because I like the apothecary-style bottle way more than the chess piece (well, plus I looove the scent), but I'd want a nice Tom Ford method for applying it! So I will check with Neiman's here, and if they have it, good. If not, I'll contact the Tom Ford customer service.

I see now that the Gold one is a travel size and the black one is a 30mL atomizer specifically for decant pairing.

Interestingly, both are based on vintage Cartier lighters. You can see that they actually still sell models that very closely resemble the two Tom Ford atomizers.

Gold Lighter

Black Lighter with Gold Accents
    I know that Guerlain, from time to time, gives atomisers as gifts as well.

Cannon, good call on the design of the bottles and the Cartier lighters!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I know that Guerlain, from time to time, gives atomisers as gifts as well.

Cannon, good call on the design of the bottles and the Cartier lighters!
    I actually just read about the vintage gold lighter that Tom Ford carries being the inspiration for that travel sized atomizer, then I connected the dots with the black one and found the current models. I think it is quite a nice inspiration for the designs though! It goes with his color schemes and the textures of his Tom Ford for Men, Grey Vetiver, and Tom Ford Extreme bottles.

I bought 250 ml of Amber Absolute at Neiman Marcus last fall and got the black atomizer and funnel in the box. I just assumed they always supplied those with every 250 ml purchase. At the price they charge for the juice, they should.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    I bought 250 ml of Amber Absolute at Neiman Marcus last fall and got the black atomizer and funnel in the box. I just assumed they always supplied those with every 250 ml purchase. At the price they charge for the juice, they should.
    So you mean the decanter box actually had the atomizer packaged in as well?

So you mean the decanter box actually had the atomizer packaged in as well?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post

The SA gently gave me one for free... I don't know if this is the standard service.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But a friend of mine bought a 250ml decanter online and got no sprayer
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so it is basically something to just check with the retailer on. I'd rather not purchase one without it. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    It doesn't come in the plastic wrapped box, it would come on the side.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    I don't think it's an automatic thing. Certainly unless they clearly stated one would be included, I wouldn't expect one. When I got mine they were making a big deal of it, as someone else posted, as a selling point of buying 250mls.

Not the falcon

I just purchased a flacon online and it arrived yesterday with no atomizer or funnel. Is this normal these days? Or are they still coming with a free atomizer?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone?

I would be interested to find out where can I get my hands on an atomiser, I am happy to buy 250ml Private Blend.