Code of Conduct

Default Angel Men Pure Malt real?

Hey guys does anyone have pictures or information on how the wrapping/box should look like for puremalt? and how to spot a fake?

Thanks
    Thank you, deadidol

Default Re: Angel Men Pure Malt real?

I imagine it would be pretty hard to fake one of those giant rubber flasks without cutting it open or something. But I dont know! My first thing on the Authenticity Checklist is matching serial numbers. Check it out. Should be a printed one on the bottom of the box and one on the bottle. They should be the same. Otherwise go by smell!
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew777 View Post
    I imagine it would be pretty hard to fake one of those giant rubber flasks without cutting it open or something. But I dont know! My first thing on the Authenticity Checklist is matching serial numbers. Check it out. Should be a printed one on the bottom of the box and one on the bottle. They should be the same. Otherwise go by smell!
    Hope that helps.
    That and I'm pretty sure every bottle comes with a code inside that you can register at the TM website. If the code works and the serials match then I'd say it's real. It'd be pretty hard to counterfeit Pure Malt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrydown View Post
    That and I'm pretty sure every bottle comes with a code inside that you can register at the TM website. If the code works and the serials match then I'd say it's real. It'd be pretty hard to counterfeit Pure Malt.
    is this the same with angle men?

Also I check the website and couldn't find where I can input the serial number.. do you have a link?

Thanks!
    Thank you, deadidol

I've never heard of Muglers being faked. I wouldn't worry.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

It'd be pretty hard to counterfeit Pure Malt.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WeSmellGood View Post
    is this the same with angle men?

Also I check the website and couldn't find where I can input the serial number.. do you have a link?

Thanks!
    http://www.circle.thierrymugler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Those rubberized bottles would be very difficult and pricey for someone to fake.

thanks for the link, however what if I don't have the box?
    Thank you, deadidol

thanks for the link, however what if I don't have the box?
    Then you have no code and can't authenticate it on the circle site.

Wait a sec, I thought you were wanting descriptions of the box/wrapping so you could compare with yours, which implies that you have the packaging. Are you saying that you don't have the packaging?

The easiest way for us to help you is for you to take pictures of your bottle/packaging and post them in this thread so we can have a look.

Blog Entries

Dude It's Pure Malt, no one's going to fake it. There's too much paranoia in this hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    Then you have no code and can't authenticate it on the circle site.

Wait a sec, I thought you were wanting descriptions of the box/wrapping so you could compare with yours, which implies that you have the packaging. Are you saying that you don't have the packaging?

The easiest way for us to help you is for you to take pictures of your bottle/packaging and post them in this thread so we can have a look.
    The pure malt hasn't come in, once it does I'll post of pics of the wrapping box etc... I do have 2 amen (without box) that I want to make sure they are real. I know one is but not sure about the 3.4 one.
    Thank you, deadidol

Cool. I bet you'll be fine. Where did you buy from?

cheers
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Yeah man don't worry.
    Just like when you got that A*men, remember?
    Spray that thing, inhale deep...and
    ENJOY!

It's fairly easy to press fake bottles.. it's all computerized. It gets drawn up on the computer, then pressed from a machine. However as others have said, it's difficult to copy most of the Mugler bottles, due to the snug fitting rubber skin. I actually have seen knock offs of A*Men in the refillable bottle, it looked pretty much like the authentic one, only the juice was darker, and the sprayer was cheap.

Well with my two angel men one of them smells like the sample I got from TM (1.0z) however the 3.4 is more stronger (where it hurts the eyes and nose) and smells like deodorant Clorox type lol however after 2 hours it smells like the sample and 1.0z btl

maybe it expired?

oh and smells I got it off BE
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 25th March 2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Thank you, deadidol

Removed
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 23rd March 2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Thank you, deadidol

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    on eBay you'll find alot of A*Men counterfeit (refill bottles).. i bought a fake one long time ago when i was a fragrance noob..
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/241...-A*Men-is-fake (i know, noob thread but this is my dark past)
    but this is A*Men, never heard about pure malt, pure coffee fakes, so IMO dont worry
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

I picked up a fake B*Men refillable on an auction site. The packaging looked fine, but the typeface on the box looked a little odd, sort of weird lettering proportions like you might see on something cheap manufactured in China. And the bottle had obvious floaties in it.

I didn't even spray it because who knows what the juice was made of. Sent it back and got a refund.

So yeah, there definitely are fake Muglers out there - not just A*Men.

Do you have a link that goes more in dept of this ? pictures etc...

This is my 1.0 I bought from online store http://i55.tinypic.com/2je46df.png

And this is what I bought from ebay
    This is the inside the flask metal case http://i54.tinypic.com/25iptv4.png
    Underneath the 3.4 bottle, I lift up the label so it can be readable.http://i52.tinypic.com/n341ue.png

seems more blue but maybe its because its in the flask...
    Sorry, not much more info on it. First time I mentioned it was here actually. Where I saw the A*Man knock off was at a dollar store, most of the stuff they sell is a buck, but that fragrance was being sold for 5, and was said to be authentic. They also has some "authentic" New Era Yankee's caps for 5, though they were hard and cheap, and clearly fake.

Can't tell much by your pics, the first one is definitely legitimate. The one from Ebay though, I couldn't tell ya. I don't purchase fragrances from Ebay, unless they are sample lots. Why buy on Ebay, when you can go to an online store, where you can read reviews on their legitimacy, and get prices even lower than Ebay.

To this day, I still don't understand the Ebay hype. It's a one-stop-shop, big deal. It's pretty much overpriced, or nothing better than any other online distributor.

I guess it's good if ya want something that's discontinued. But something like A*Men, I would never in a million years buy on Ebay, unless it was from a store with a site.. like fragnet's Ebay store or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Sorry, not much more info on it. First time I mentioned it was here actually. Where I saw the A*Man knock off was at a dollar store, most of the stuff they sell is a buck, but that fragrance was being sold for 5, and was said to be authentic. They also has some "authentic" New Era Yankee's caps for 5, though they were hard and cheap, and clearly fake.

Can't tell much by your pics, the first one is definitely legitimate. The one from Ebay though, I couldn't tell ya. I don't purchase fragrances from Ebay, unless they are sample lots. Why buy on Ebay, when you can go to an online store, where you can read reviews on their legitimacy, and get prices even lower than Ebay.

To this day, I still don't understand the Ebay hype. It's a one-stop-shop, big deal. It's pretty much overpriced, or nothing better than any other online distributor.

I guess it's good if ya want something that's discontinued. But something like A*Men, I would never in a million years buy on Ebay, unless it was from a store with a site.. like fragnet's Ebay store or something.
    well I got the 3.4 for like 30 and retail online store the cheapest I found was 42.00 + Shipping

How do I remove the 3.4 from the metal flask? that way I could better exam it/snap shots.

Once again thanks guys for all your help!

Also would you trust http://www.beautyencounter.com/
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 26th February 2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Thank you, deadidol

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Dude It's Pure Malt, no one's going to fake it. There's too much paranoia in this hobby
    Agree times a million.

How do I remove the 3.4 from the metal flask? that way I could better exam it/snap shots.
    Once you have the back off, you just pull the bottle out of the sprayer head, which stays attached to the flask.

Removed
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 23rd March 2011 at 12:13 AM.
    Thank you, deadidol

Is that normal?
    Thank you, deadidol

removed
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 23rd March 2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Thank you, deadidol

Looks identical to my bottle. Give it a spray and make sure it smells right would be the best way to check, but I think it's real based on the photo.

Pure Malt looks fine. Beautyencounter.com is legit as well.

Looks good to me too

Hey guys this is a better picture of the 2 A*men

OLD wall background

NEW Monitor background

is the one on the left a fake with its blue hue?
    or what about the right one with its blue green hue?
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 23rd March 2011 at 12:14 AM.
    Thank you, deadidol

WeSmellGood, lots of members have tried to tell you your bottles look fine to them. The thread is filled with that. You can't seem to accept that, and keep asking. We obviously can't get rid of your worries for you. You should contact your sellers or the company with your questions about fakes. Or use the original idea of going out and smelling the stuff at counters and seeing if it smells like yours.

We can't help your worries here. We can't smell your product. We can't make up the difference when members buy cheap but want assurances of full price.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    WeSmellGood, lots of members have tried to tell you your bottles look fine to them. The thread is filled with that. You can't seem to accept that, and keep asking. We obviously can't get rid of your worries for you. You should contact your sellers or the company with your questions about fakes. Or use the original idea of going out and smelling the stuff at counters and seeing if it smells like yours.

We can't help your worries here. We can't smell your product. We can't make up the difference when members buy cheap but want assurances of full price.
    So its normal for it to have a slight difference in color?

and I save maybe 15 bucks. Not that cheap, but a discount =)
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 21st March 2011 at 07:20 AM.
    Thank you, deadidol

Can I ask a dumb question - isn't A*Men blue and Pure Malt brown or is this no longer about pure malt?

Anyway, can't you tell from the smell if it's fake or not?

Well the people at maceys where no help at all. I brought it over and the 2 ladies told me they smell pretty identical however the 3.4 was stronger but not in a good way she mentioned. The other was confused of the two different colors. Brought it to the mall where they sell colognes and they all said they wasn't sure and wasn't to familiar on Amen so I'm screwed at the moment.

If someone could do me just this. Upload a picture of one of your Amen clear bottle on a clear white background monitor and show what color it is. I would deeply appreciate it.

and laph whats with the smartalec answer?
    They smell very similar its just that when its first sprayed the 3.4 smells really strong (burns eyes,nose) not so pleasant. However after 2 hours they smell the same.
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 23rd March 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Thank you, deadidol

I was asking genuine questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    I was asking genuine questions.....
    I don't want to build enemies but friends. I am sorry. I just am concern and paranoid at the moment because a few here said that the 1.0z looks legit however when I contact Thierry mugler company they told me it should be blue not having a green tone to it like I shown. So now I'm getting mixed answers and its mind boggling.
    Thank you, deadidol

I don't know but the colour should be blue (not green or blue/green) - mine is blue like your larger bottle.

Also, the shape of the star on your small bottle is wrong - I can find no variation of A*Men with this shape of star.

The truth though, regrardless of the bottles, is that no one can really be sure without smelling them. So i'd just keep on comparing how yours smell to different testers in store or maybe get yourself a sample from somewhere like The Perfumed Court and see if there's any difference.

If they all smell the same to you (and you like the smell) then who cares? Just enjoy wearing them

First, don't ever go to Macy's for answers. Most of the SA's there are clueless. You'd need to go to a true Mugler rep to get a true assessment. Second, it could just be a difference in the batch that it came from, or one could be older than the other and the hue is different. I really would stop worrying about this. If one is too bad for you, sell it.

Maybe the 15 dollars you saved where not worth the headache? I'm just saying

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Also, the shape of the star on your small bottle is wrong - I can find no variation of A*Men with this shape of star.
    Not true. Here's a pic of the empty bottle out of my genuine 1oz metal flask.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    Not true. Here's a pic of the empty bottle out of my genuine 1oz metal flask.

thank you ceekay, I really appreciate you taking the time to show me. It means alot to me!

when it was full did the color look like mine or was it blue?

Also I have learn this. My sample smells more soothing to the nose.. it has more of a chocolate feel while the other two I have here have a chocolate but with a stale zing to it. like how your nose would react if you smelled Clorox. It has that high volume that makes you move away. While my sample I can leave my nose on my arm for hours lol So could it be that they are both stale even if its full?
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 24th March 2011 at 05:57 PM.
    Thank you, deadidol

No idea what the colour was like - it's never been out of the flask before. I replaced it with a 3.4 oz metal flask.

on the back of my 3.4 there is a 606252 on the top center. Is that normal? and on my 1oz there is a glue substance as if something was there and ripped off leaving residue.
    Thank you, deadidol

Thanks for clearing that up ceekay, I'd never seen the differently shaped star before (couldn't find it on the net either). All the bottles I've seen have the same shape as the 100ml.

WeSmellGood, if the possible inauthenticity of your A*Men bottles is bothering you so much you should return them or give them away and order a new bottle direct from Thierry Mugler.

All the evidence in this thread leads me to conclude that your A*Men is authentic. It has become clear, however, that no amount of evidence will convince you that your bottles are legitimate, and it also seems that the question of legitimacy causes you distress and prevents you from enjoying the fragrance. At this point it would be better to move on than to indulge in this neurotic inquest. You will never be happy with these bottles of A*Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh2003 View Post
    WeSmellGood, if the possible inauthenticity of your A*Men bottles is bothering you so much you should return them or give them away and order a new bottle direct from Thierry Mugler.

All the evidence in this thread leads me to conclude that your A*Men is authentic. It has become clear, however, that no amount of evidence will convince you that your bottles are legitimate, and it also seems that the question of legitimacy causes you distress and prevents you from enjoying the fragrance. At this point it would be better to move on than to indulge in this neurotic inquest. You will never be happy with these bottles of A*Men.
    This. There are no obvious signs of a fake bottle here (I own the 1 oz bottle that has the same shaped star) so you should do what the above poster said and sell it off and buy a new one. Any deal on ebay that's too good to be true (100ml metal AMen for $30) leaves you open to this kind of thing. If you want the real thing, buy from a trusted online discount retailer like Amazon, overstock, beautyencounter, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    This. There are no obvious signs of a fake bottle here (I own the 1 oz bottle that has the same shaped star) so you should do what the above poster said and sell it off and buy a new one. Any deal on ebay that's too good to be true (100ml metal AMen for $30) leaves you open to this kind of thing. If you want the real thing, buy from a trusted online discount retailer like Amazon, overstock, beautyencounter, etc.
    Fitch, the 1oz is from beautyencounter
    and the 3.4 from ebay

I sent a picture to TM and they told me the 3.4 is authentic base of its color compare to the 1.0z however they can both be fake on smell.

How am I suppose to react when first I notice two different colors and second that they smell like strong Clorox compare to my sample I got that's soothing...
    Thank you, deadidol

Fitch, the 1oz is from beautyencounter
    and the 3.4 from ebay

I sent a picture to TM and they told me the 3.4 is authentic base of its color compare to the 1.0z however they can both be fake on smell.

How am I suppose to react when first I notice two different colors and second that they smell like strong Clorox compare to my sample I got that's soothing...
    seriously, enough. you bought it off ebay, this is what you get. you probably got a skunked bottle from someone who improperly stored the bottle for a long period of time. it happens. that's probably why it was cheap. sell it and buy a new one. sending a pic to TM isn't going to do anything, nor is posting on here. no one can tell you anything definitively without smelling it themself. please stop repeatedly asking the same question over and over. unless you're not telling us something obvious about the bottle, there is nothing more we can tell you about the authenticity of it. i would be willing to bet money you got a skunked bottle. sell it for wicked cheap on ebay yourself, buy a new one, and stop repeatedly asking the same questions over and over please.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    seriously, enough. you bought it off ebay, this is what you get. you probably got a skunked bottle from someone who improperly stored the bottle for a long period of time. it happens. that's probably why it was cheap. sell it and buy a new one. sending a pic to TM isn't going to do anything, nor is posting on here. no one can tell you anything definitively without smelling it themself. please stop repeatedly asking the same question over and over. unless you're not telling us something obvious about the bottle, there is nothing more we can tell you about the authenticity of it. i would be willing to bet money you got a skunked bottle. sell it for wicked cheap on ebay yourself, buy a new one, and stop repeatedly asking the same questions over and over please.
    Ok but really you said it your self. " buy it from BE" they sold me a junk one as well. why is it green and is overly strong ? But thats something you would know, thats why I contacted BE and see if they will return it. I learn from this thread is that its blue not green blue. However is there suppose to be a number on the center back of the bottle?
    if so the 3.4 does but the 1.0z doesn't but both has the amen stick on the bottom.
    Thank you, deadidol

Ok but really you said it your self. " buy it from BE" they sold me a junk one as well. why is it green and is overly strong ? But thats something you would know, thats why I contacted BE and see if they will return it. I learn from this thread is that its blue not green blue. However is there suppose to be a number on the center back of the bottle?
    if so the 3.4 does but the 1.0z doesn't but both has the amen stick on the bottom.
    The bottle from BE may have been old or improperly stored. I've personally received old product from BE with an expiration sticker of 11/08 in March of 2011. I've also read of many others who have received old products from BE.

Forget about it; either use it, give it away, or sell it for little money...and move on.

peace

edit: I should clarify that the expired product I received from BE wasn't a Mugler fragrance; it was Bvlgari Black.
    Last edited by Smells_Familiar; 26th March 2011 at 04:17 AM.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    The bottle from BE may have been old or improperly stored. I've personally received old product from BE with an expiration sticker of 11/08 in March of 2011. I've also read of many others who have received old products from BE.

Forget about it; either use it, give it away, or sell it for little money...and move on.

peace
    ah that could be it too, sadly there is no identification on the bottle of being expire.. whos to say that amazon won't pull a fast one like this too. I'll prob just get it from TM website of a 1.0z I guess unless someone knows a good site that sells up to date?
    Thank you, deadidol

ah that could be it too, sadly there is no identification on the bottle of being expire.. whos to say that amazon won't pull a fast one like this too. I'll prob just get it from TM website of a 1.0z I guess unless someone knows a good site that sells up to date?
    Amazon, if you buy from Amazon themselves not the retailers who use their website, (it shows it on the page of the individual bottle who is selling it) is a very reputable seller, much more so than a place like fragrancenet, BE, etc. They're a very well known name and don't play around. The same goes for overstock. I've bought from both places with no problems whatsoever. I'm sure if they sent you a bad bottle, they'd happily refund or replace it, they have a customer service standard to uphold, more so than a place like fragrancenet.

Just buy a new bottle. http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...87/subcat.html This is where I bought my 1 oz AMen bottle and it's just fine.

Give up on fragrances now and for the future then, joker.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.