Code of Conduct

Default Sprays to the chest

Question for you guys..I've been incorporating this applicaction method for over a month now and i'm starting to wonder if its really working for me. I sweat fairly easily, especially when dressing for work, and i find my chest sweating where if i dig my nose under my shirt to see if i can catch a whiff of the sneat i just seem to smell a washed own version of the scent. Anyone have this problem or notice this? I'm thinking maybe applying to my actual under shirt may be a better options instead of directly to my chest.

Or i just need to spray a bit more heavily on my chest.
    Last edited by persianprince; 25th March 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sprays to the chest

I say spritz that chest hair with abandon!

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

In my case, my chest hair doesn't impede the fragrance projection and I only spray once on the chest.

I guess my 3 of them might be impeding my frag.....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Post Thanks / Like

I wear a suit and tie most days. So with a white shirt, I have a t shirt on and the shirt collar is buttoned up. Dont know that if I spray my chest that the scent is gonna waft up to my nose. I do wear talcum powder and my chest smells of that when I take the t shirt off and so does the t shirt but I dont smell talc on me during the day, even on the weekend when I may not put on a cologne

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I say spritz that chest hair with abandon!

LMAO..that was great! I beelive the problem is i read so many peoples responses to how they apply fragrances and how certain ones should only be for example one to the chest or keep the sprays light. Well everyone is different and my boyd apparantly can handle more..especially to the chest so i need to let the trigger lose a bit more in areas like this. Basically find what works for me.

I wore New Haarlem today and was afradi to go overboard and did one to the chest and one to the back of the neck and i barely detect much, they were light sprays...i know its strong but I can go a bit heavier.

You are not always suppose to smell what you are wearing. I only wear niche cause I have expensive taste, so I suffer from fast olfactory even when I wear Tom Ford PB, Bond 9, Creed, Xerjoff, Killian, Le Labo, and my latest Clive Christian X. I don't look forward to compliments they just come often and I brush it off. People will tell you 100 different ways to spray cologne, just wear it how you feel comfortable with it on your skin. I would avoid wrists unless your dirty and never wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC29 View Post
    You are not always suppose to smell what you are wearing. I only wear niche cause I have expensive taste, so I suffer from fast olfactory even when I wear Tom Ford PB, Bond 9, Creed, Xerjoff, Killian, Le Labo, and my latest Clive Christian X. I don't look forward to compliments they just come often and I brush it off. People will tell you 100 different ways to spray cologne, just wear it how you feel comfortable with it on your skin. I would avoid wrists unless your dirty and never wash your hands.
    Good point, and i should just wear it how i feel is best. One spray for others might require 5 for me...it all depends. But wearing a fragrance such as New Haarlem and nobdoy around me noticing makes me realize i went way to light on the sprays. These are friends too who i've asked if they smell anything and they said barely.

Post Thanks / Like

The strange thing is that, whenever I tend to spray on my chest fairly similar quantities of the same frag, I tend to get very variable longevities: sometimes almost nonexistent, yet other times almost overpowering for both the others and me

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    The strange thing is that, whenever I tend to spray on my chest fairly similar quantities of the same frag, I tend to get very variable longevities: sometimes almost nonexistent, yet other times almost overpowering for both the others and me
    Same here, well i never have had it to the point where its overpowering for myself or others, but i have noticed how some frags i've been albe to smell throughout the day and even when i get home and dtake off my shirt. I want to say that is more with my GIT and Aventus, and honestly those sprayer kick out a lot more juice then the typical frag. What does this mean? It means i probably need to go heavier on my sprays

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Good point, and i should just wear it how i feel is best. One spray for others might require 5 for me...it all depends. But wearing a fragrance such as New Haarlem and nobdoy around me noticing makes me realize i went way to light on the sprays. These are friends too who i've asked if they smell anything and they said barely.
    I'm a women and cologne connoisseur. As a student, I've smashed plenty of women who did not smell my scents @ first. When I get to having sex with random girls - I get compliments from my fragrances.

You can try spraying on the undershirt. I often try to spray so that a little gets on the shirt. If too much gets on a shirt, though, it can lead to certain notes becoming too strong, in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I frequently spray on the chest when wearing something light (like Bvlgari Man) for work, and I've found that it's more difficult to notice and appreciate the scent you're wearing if you pull open your collar and stuff your nose down under your shirt to breathe in deeply. Instead, try pinching your shirt and pulling it out away from your body and then back in, so air fills the space between the shirt and your chest and then blows gently out of your neck. While doing that, just breathe in slowly and normally, and you might be more likely to catch the scent the way it really smells to those around you.
    My wanted thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265086 (currently in search of a bottle of Kiton Black)
    My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270368

Post Thanks / Like

The neck is an option...
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I get the best projection from following Chandler Burr's advice: One spritz each to the each side of the neck on the forearms and down the front and the back of my shirt (that way you usually end spritzing your skin AND a bit of the shirt without overdoing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the chest/torso as starting point. It'll allow your scent to warm, but won't project a lot. The more i want to project, the farther outward I go, starting with the front of my neck, then the back. For more, on to the forearms and wrists.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray away....spray anywhere you want.

Thanks for all the replies. I got home from work and i sprayed a good 3-4 good hefty sprays on my chest and 4 hours later i still smell the scent very well. I guess i just listen to too many youtube reviews on frags and took those reccomendations as i did not want to be a walking cologne bomb at work. Just goes to shwo you everyone is different, 3-4 spray on the chest for someone else might be way to mucha nd for me it seems to give me what i was looking for.

I have dryer skin so i have to over apply frags more than the normal person as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I consider myself normal and I spray more than 3-4....more than 8.

I like to spray on the chest as like a tweak to projection. Say if something projects too much with 3 sprays to the neck but not enough with 2, then I like to spray the chest to just get that small amount of projection more that I'm looking for.