Code of Conduct

Default Which Diptyques to test?

I'm planning on visiting a local boutique that carries the Diptyque line. Which ones are some of your favorites that you think I should try? Nothing super-masculine or super-sweet/fruity.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Which Diptyques to test?

My favorite is L'Ombre dans L'Eau.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dyptique's style is neither too masculine nor sweet, so you can smell pretty much everything. Among my likes, l'Eau de Dyptique (spices) Philosykos (fig leaf). But they're all good.

Oyedo is the weirdest - really fun to smell, but hard to wear for me (Eau d'hesperides smells similar to me, though more muted).

cacio

Though I must confess I have never sampled a Diptyque fragrance, I have heard great things about Philosykos. Most things I have read or heard sing the praises of this particular offering. I will say, though, it sounds like it may be a bit sweet. But, I am going to recommend that one to you because of the high regard it is apparently held.

Eau Lente

I think you need to know your own preferences.

Vanilla- Eau Duelle
    Fig- Philosykos
    Sandalwood- Tam Dao

Each scent has it's own vibe. They're all quite wearable,but I think Eau Duelle is maybe the most feminine. Tam Dao really captures the smell of a carpenter's shop. Philosukos is a nice green fig scent.
    Starts off green and gets a bit sweeter as it dries.

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    I'm planning on visiting a local boutique that carries the Diptyque line. Which ones are some of your favorites that you think I should try? Nothing super-masculine or super-sweet/fruity.
    With summer in mind, I tried L'eau de L'eau cologne and liked it enough to purchase a bottle today.

Martin

Blog Entries

L'Ombre Dans L'Eau is my favorite by a long shot-- Bulgarian rose, black current leaves..smells to me just like fresh tomato plants in the garden. This is unlike any other fragrance I've smelled.

If you are looking for a light floral, you could try Jardin Clos. Not my thing, but you are looking for a wedding fragrance, I think?

There are too many that are my favorites. You should really take a sniff of all that are available, which probably won't overwhelm, and see for yourself.

The first ones I bought were Philosykos, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, and Opone. I've since fallen in love with several, among those Ofresia and Tam Dao are probably ones that grip me mightiest.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

The new one, 34 Blvd. Saint Germain. It's really a nice one.

My favorite is their John Galliano Room Spray, which can be used as a skin scent. Very incense-y and smokey. The ones that get the rave reviews are Philosykos and Tam Dao.

Philosykos and Eau de Lierre!

Off-Scenter

I'd recommend Eau Lente, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, Philosykos, Vetyverio, and (if you're lucky enough to find it,) Virgilio.

Have everyone they have ever come out with but I would suggest you check out
    Olene and Ofresia given your criteria.

I have Tam Dao on one wrist, Ombre on the other, and samples of Philosykos and Eau Duelle in my purse!

My favorite is: L'ombre dans L'eau

Runners up:
    Eau Duelle
    Tam Dao
    L'eau

Ombre seems very well done but it is not at all to my taste - reminds me of great-grandma's trunk of fancy things.

Diptyque is very nice fragrance house. Quality ingredients and unusual fragrances. My favorite Diptyque's (in order of preference) are:

L' Ombre dans L' Eau - a mix of rose and black current leaf - a very natural green scent.
    Eau Duelle - tea and vanilla - one of the finest vanilla fragrances made.
    Eau Lente - incense and spice
    Tam Dao - pure idea of sandalwood
    Phylosykos - green leafy fig
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 26th March 2011 at 03:54 AM.

Does nobody like Eau de Lierre?!!

L'Ombre dans l'Eau is the no. 1 and followed by:
    Vétyverio
    L'Eau
    Phylosykos

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    I have Tam Dao on one wrist, Ombre on the other, and samples of Philosykos and Eau Duelle in my purse!
    Have you had a chance to take your Philosykos sample for a test drive yet? It is very high on my "to try" list, but, for one reason or another I keep putting it off. I am interested in hearing your take on it!