Code of Conduct

Default baie de genievre lot number question.

so i recieved a bottle of baie de genievre today i ordered earlier this week, and the lot number is a1207101. from what i know of creed the creen lot number system, that indicates i have a bottle from 2001, is that correct?

i love this stuff and it doesn't seem that it's lost anything from what i knew was a fresh batch, but is it possible i have a ten year old batch that has avoided reformulation? thanks.

eric b

Default Re: baie de genievre lot number question.

No, it's from 2007. See below.

"From 2008 and on Creed used the 8-character lot number designation where the first letter (always an A), represents the house of Creed. The following two digits represent the scent ID number in their line-up (see sample list below). The 4th & 5th digits represent the YEAR"

BTW One of the all-time great Creeds!

I would not worry about the age. Just enjoy this great fragrance.

I purchased one a few months ago from Neiman Marcus and its serial number was from 2007 as well. Was a little disappointed that my flacon was 3-4 years old. What about you e-dub?
    - Expect the unexpected

thanks, guys. mine is great, flaconneur. it's no different than any other BdG i've tried (from known fresh batches), which means it's divine

eric b

Wouldn't surprise me if BdG lasted 10+ years. It strikes me as atomic-strong. I have a bottle that will last many years for me. Just a tiny spray, and I'm good for hours. My ancestors will probably enjoy the same bottle. It's that strong, IMO.

great stuff. i'm SO much more into the creed edt's than the millesime's (as a whole).

eric b

Quote Originally Posted by e-dub View Post
    great stuff. i'm SO much more into the creed edt's than the millesime's (as a whole).

eric b
    Agreed. The old-line Creeds are the most interesting ones. I wear them far more often than the millesimes.