Code of Conduct

Default What is/are your application method(s)?

Maybe you only have 1, or a specific method for work, a date, season, or even fragrance, etc.. I currently only really have 3 I use no matter the fragrance.

Date/special occasion: 1 spray on each side of the neck, 1 on the chest and sometimes 1 on left wrist and dab my right wrist (only reason is so I can smell it from time to time).

Any occasion/work: 1 spray on the chest and 1 at the base of my neck or just 1 spray at the base of my neck.

I go pretty light with my fragrances. 4 sprays is my max. I've also been experimenting with different applications to switch it up a bit.

Default Re: What is/are your application method(s)?

Almost always 4 sprays: one on each side of the neck and 2 to the chest.

3 Sprays: neck and chest

It really depends on the fragrance, occasion, weather, and mood.

If it's a very potent fragrance.... 2 to the back of the neck and 2 on each arms....

If it's a semi potent fragrance.... 2 to each side of the neck... 1 to the back of the neck...and 1 to the chest

If it's a weak fragrance.... 2 to the chest... 2 to each side of the neck... 2 to the back of the neck.. and 2 to each arm...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Winter / Spring / Fall: Three to the chest, one to each inner elbow

Summer: Just three to the chest

unscented oatmeal lotion to neck, shoulders, chest, and stomach for every scent. for my workhorse (green irish tweed), two or three to the chest and one on each side of the neck.

eric b

3 to the back of the neck on each side for a total of 6.....I will spray my arms in the warmer months when I'm not wearing a coat!!!
    Gary

depends on the fragrance. But i usually go behind the neck, one spray behind each ear, and two sprays on the inside of the forearms.

Any fragrance, any occasion:

Two sprays to each side of the neck, two sprays to each pectoral muscle, two to the middle of the chest, two sprays to the crook of each elbow.

Forearms, back of neck, sometimes on clothing.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

11 to 13 sprays per default.
    3 to each sleeve, 3 to neck, 3 to chest. And if I really like a perfume then I'll add two sprays to each bare arm and a little to my forefinger which I'll apply to the back of my ears towards my lobes and a touch to the tip of my nose.

Nice methods everyone. For the guys that do multiple to the chest, do you do multiple sprays at one spot or move the spray around?

6 is my max 1 is the minimal. My neck is the first priority, if I spray my chest I always do 2 and if I go up to 6 both inner elbows and if I do 1 spray it will be the middle of my neck.

Cmax...

Either spray or splash (depending on the fragrance bottle and its dispensing mechanism) on neck, chest and-or pulse points behind the ear, more infrequently, even wrists, back of my neck and hair, in extremely variable amounts from one application to the another

Quote Originally Posted by mcb3030 View Post
    Nice methods everyone. For the guys that do multiple to the chest, do you do multiple sprays at one spot or move the spray around?
    I do one spray over each pectoral muscle. The other one goes on the upper chest right under the neck.

Spread around obviously. For a 3D silage effect. Lol

For club - I douse myself head (bald), back of neck, front of neck, each arm pit, arm and wrist - so 7 to 8 sprays.. even when I am wearing powerhouses. I like to make a big obnoxious statement

I don't really care about the seasons, but I do mind the temperature. If it is more then 20 degrees Celsius outside I use 1 spray minimum and 4 sprays max (from what I have). If it is colder I use 2 sprays minimum and 6 sprays max.
    I only spray on the neck and chest. Example: 2 sprays=1 one the neck, 1 on the chest.
    When I wear colognes I like to be sure that people can smell it. Otherwise, I get the feeling that I am wasting the juice and also my money.
    On a date, I obviously don't use tons of fragrance, since girls have better sense of smell then me. For example, if it is Kouros, I only use 1 spray since it has such a strong smell.

Same spot for me. Two sprays to each pectoral muscle, and two to the middle of the chest.

Have any of you guys tried to spray your wrists and dab behind your ears? I am currently trying out this method and I like how I hit the pulse point directly.

Forget the wrists. See: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268...ash-your-hands

Re 'behind your ears' - that's the side of the neck - that's where the arteries are, ie, those pulse points.

Have any of you guys tried to spray your wrists and dab behind your ears? I am currently trying out this method and I like how I hit the pulse point directly.
    I do mostly with perfumes that I like a lot or when I want maximum intoxication lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I do mostly with perfumes that I like a lot or when I want maximum intoxication lol.
    It seems like this method would work for dates or intimate occasions as you can the fragrance right at the pulse point behind your ears

Hmm ive seen several threads now on how to spray on your body, and people always mention the neck and cheast.
    But i never see anyone mention the armpits. Im just wondering if you dont spray there. I know if i dont, ill start smelleing sweaty by the end of the day

One blast to the jugular notch, ftw

Quote Originally Posted by yukselserdar View Post
    But i never see anyone mention the armpits. Im just wondering if you dont spray there. I know if i dont, ill start smelleing sweaty by the end of the day
    Seriously?

I suspect most people on Basenotes wear deodorant and/or antiperspirant so they don't smell sweaty by the time they leave the house (let alone the end of day).

1 on the neck 1 on the chest for a monster.
    2 on the neck 1 on the chest if it has strong sillage.
    Everything else is sprayed from a distance of about 10 inches to a foot with 3 on the neck, 1 on the back of the neck, and 2 on the chest.
    I used to spray my wrists, but it evaporated so quick it was pointless.

I try to spread it around pretty good. I use my finger to apply behind the ears, and even on my face. 1 or 2 sprays to the chest, one on each side of the neck, crook of the elbows, and 1 on each forearm rubbed together with the bottom side of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by dwrestle View Post
    I try to spread it around pretty good. I use my finger to apply behind the ears, and even on my face. 1 or 2 sprays to the chest, one on each side of the neck, crook of the elbows, and 1 on each forearm rubbed together with the bottom side of the other.
    Nice application !

Blog Entries

Testing purposes with a fragrance I'm giving a 1st time wearing for. 1-2 on the chest. Then I'll see how I feel after 10 minutes of waiting around or getting dressed.

Otherwise, depending on fragrance strength, 2 on the chest, one on each side of the neck. I'll spray on my left wrist (I'm left handed, so watch goes on the right) and then tap them together if needed. If I'm hitting the club or going to a party, one on the back of the neck too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadov View Post
    Almost always 4 sprays: one on each side of the neck and 2 to the chest.
    Same for me.

1 spray: 1 to base of neck in the center
    2 sprays: 1 as #1, and 1 at 20cm down
    3 srapys: 1 as #1, and 2 each pecs
    4 sprays: 2 each side of neck, 2 each pecs
    6 sprays: 2 each side of neck, 2 each pecs, 2 each side of abs
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I suspect most people on Basenotes wear deodorant and/or antiperspirant so they don't smell sweaty by the time they leave the house (let alone the end of day).
    Yea seriously, im just surprised nobody mentions if they spray their armpits.

''''''''''''
    Last edited by Descartes; 1st April 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Depends what it is. If it's the one or the one gentleman, you can go absolutely mental.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Depends what it is. If it's the one or the one gentleman, you can go absolutely mental.. =)
    Haha, I found that The One actually suits my skin well. I can go the usual 4 sprays with it and it actually lasts quite a bit on me.

I finally received my bottle of Le Male and this is probably the only frag I have that I use a specific method for. It's simple.

1 on the chest and that's it. I might do a light spray on my left wrist, dab my right wrist and dab behind my ears for a date or an occasion with my woman. But 1-2 MAX for this. This thing is a beast. I read, heard, knew it was potent, but THIS potent? This thing is godly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PGeGah6Wf4 -- Interview with Francis Kurkdjian
    SPRING CLEANING FOR SALE: Opened with boxes, but at least 98% juice left of The Antidote, Kenzo Power & Au Masculin. Want to sell in a package deal CHEAP! PM me with offer.

Chest, 2x neck, 1x back of head,
    1 on hand (I love sniffing my left hand when leaning on it with my chin: in the car, behind the computer etc.)

Will try to avoid applying to the neck from now on: it seems to be pretty bad expecially in summers.
    Will add an extra spray or so on the chest / elbows.