Code of Conduct

Thread: Pure Virgin

Question Pure Virgin

Anyone tried PURE VIRGIN by The Different Company yet? Apparently, it may be the last that Celine Ellena creates for them before the ever-busy Duchaufour takes the helm....
    Last edited by morrison74; 26th March 2011 at 08:31 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Default Re: Pure Virgin

Haven't found a store in my area that carries it yet.

anyone tried this yet?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Blog Entries

No - haven't tried, but would love to. Sounds rather pleasant. Octavian was not impressed, but he at least raised an eyebrow for the more novel component. And he said it smells good, too. Always a plus in a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No - haven't tried, but would love to. Sounds rather pleasant. Octavian was not impressed, but he at least raised an eyebrow for the more novel component. And he said it smells good, too. Always a plus in a fragrance.
    I've heard it described (by a friend) as safe and clean and pretty. Not really what I was hoping to hear, but then again, what else should I be expecting from a fragrance named Pure Virgin?? I must try for myself I guess.

Wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I've heard it described (by a friend) as safe and clean and pretty. Not really what I was hoping to hear, but then again, what else should I be expecting from a fragrance named Pure Virgin?? I must try for myself I guess.
    Me too.

When I sniffed her earlier light fragrance for L'Artisan Parfumeur called Cte d'Amour, I was very impressed, although I would also describe it as safe, clean, and pretty. It was an interesting take on a floral marine aquatic - very light. Unfortunately, that one just wasn't me. Just a bit too feminine, and I preferred the stronger brine of Sel de Vtiver anyway.

This one may be a bit more unisex - at least that's what I'm hoping. I like the fact that Octavian links it to Cashmere Mist, if only indirectly. That's one fragrance I really like. If this one came off as something like Cashmere Mist, but with the twist of that candy component, it could be very interesting.

Me too.

When I sniffed her earlier light fragrance for L'Artisan Parfumeur called Cte d'Amour, I was very impressed, although I would also describe it as safe, clean, and pretty. It was an interesting take on a floral marine aquatic - very light. Unfortunately, that one just wasn't me. Just a bit too feminine, and I preferred the stronger brine of Sel de Vtiver anyway.

This one may be a bit more unisex - at least that's what I'm hoping. I like the fact that Octavian links it to Cashmere Mist, if only indirectly. That's one fragrance I really like. If this one came off as something like Cashmere Mist, but with the twist of that candy component, it could be very interesting.
    Did you try De Bachmakov? It reminded me a little of TdH, but a more unisex version. The longevity wasn't all that though. Still, a very accomplished scent...

Sel de Vetiver is an almost perfect 10/10 for me.

I wonder where she will go next.

Wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Did you try De Bachmakov? It reminded me a little of TdH, but a more unisex version. The longevity wasn't all that though. Still, a very accomplished scent...

Sel de Vetiver is an almost perfect 10/10 for me.

I wonder where she will go next.
    Yes, I did love De Bachmakov! Definitely weird but good. The longevity was just strange for me. It really seemed to be gone very quickly, but I would get a very faint base hanging on for a long time. Still, overall, not all that long-lasting. But the total effect was good - light enough to be reminiscent of a cool, early spring breeze.

I read in some comments on some other blogs that she has at least a couple of corporate gigs in the industry as well. So she may be moving on some other path in the industry. All I know is that she's talented, and I hope her talent gets used. Like you say, SdV is a tenner. I don't think I'll ever be without it.

Basenotes Institution

I just read a review of this on a blog & the list of notes mentions calissons, a French candy that I had never heard of except a month ago someone gave Ray a box of calissons and he gave it to me because he didn't like the way they tasted. They were delicious! Sort of like a cross between a Jordan almond and marzipan. Very delicate, sweet but not too sweet. With a honeyed, delicate crispness.

If Pure Virgin incorporates this accord, I'm interested!

BTW the list of notes are (according to Now Smell This): 'evanescent musk, light wind, linen flower, white rose, cedar and calisson.'. Gotta love the 'light wind' note. WTH?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

BTW the list of notes are (according to Now Smell This): Gotta love the 'light wind' note. WTH?
    would that be sweet or dry flatulence ?

I haven't tried it... but that name is both tacky and slightly creepy.

Basenotes Institution

Me too.

Luckyscent has Pure Virgin now. I guess it's going to be one of those girlie lightish sweetish vanilla 'dooley bobs' . It sounds very pleasant.If it's like Cashmere Mist then I may like it. I discovered last weekend that I LOVE Cashmere Mist.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I have a sample. I threw it in the loser bin.

This scent is about as exciting as having sex with a virgin. Yuck!
    Last edited by thebeck; 13th July 2011 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    *evil laughter*

Not one to mince words, are we? I do like a man who's direct!

Nevertheless, you're talking to a guy with a rather inverted sense of worthiness in this world - so by all means - spill the dirt on this puppy! I may be spooning it up with gusto!

I ordered a bunch of samples from Luckyscent, including this one, in the search for a good "skin scent" I can wear to work. I'll report back what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    I ordered a bunch of samples from Luckyscent, including this one, in the search for a good "skin scent" I can wear to work. I'll report back what I think.
    Did you try your sample yet?

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    LOL! It's great to know there's a Basenoter out there who's even harder to please than myself...

Pure Virgin... The name makes me laugh, though. Out of interest, do filthy virgins actually exist?

yes sir

I've tried it a few months ago, really liked it on my girlfriend, sensual stuff imo
    To me it's a good one, but much better on her skin

Saw the title of the thread and instantly thought: "Shit...another Mugler flanker?"
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Sounds like the 4th Mugler Release

Caffeine, Booze, Tobacco, ....LOL

Since I last posted, I bought this to add to my collection but was a little bummed that they didn't come out with it in a 90ml size.
    As far as the scent goes, not bad but very light.

I have this fragrance. It smells like freshly warm oven-baked snickerdoodles spilt all over warm clean laundry just out of the dryer. Clean and gourmand at the same time. It's definitely a keeper for me, and worth a try for those who are curious about it. Officially a casual Unisex fragrance per its description on the box.

I'm sampling this right now.

The general overall smell is that of: the pleasant scent of sniffing a baby's head.

It smells equally like honey, waxy almond, and musk. It's not a heavy scent, but its not as transparent as I was expecting. There's also a slight powder aspect to it. The name "pure virgin" I think is supposed to mean "baby."

So if you like the smell of babies and you want to smell like one, this is for you. It's not a bad fragrance, but Le Labo Amberette to me is a more pleasant take on the smelling of a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbee View Post
    Saw the title of the thread and instantly thought: "Shit...another Mugler flanker?"
    Me too, and based on the name - I was VERY worried about the notes.

This would be the fragrance of the first ever gourmand-smelling laundry detergent! I'm still glad I own/use it.

So this is good? Havent been able to spot it at a retail store

Available at Barney's. Yes, I like it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    I'm sampling this right now.

The general overall smell is that of: the pleasant scent of sniffing a baby's head.

It smells equally like honey, waxy almond, and musk. It's not a heavy scent, but its not as transparent as I was expecting. There's also a slight powder aspect to it. The name "pure virgin" I think is supposed to mean "baby."

So if you like the smell of babies and you want to smell like one, this is for you. It's not a bad fragrance, but Le Labo Amberette to me is a more pleasant take on the smelling of a baby.
    Your description is how Petit Guerlain by Guerlain smells (the one Giacobetti did). Have you smelled the Guerlain firehorse?

-- Jack Kerouac

Your description is how Petit Guerlain by Guerlain smells (the one Giacobetti did). Have you smelled the Guerlain firehorse?
    Giacobetti did Petite Guerlain? Is it anything like L'ete en douce?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Giacobetti did Petite Guerlain? Is it anything like L'ete en douce?
    Um...not really. The Guerlain is definitely from the Guerlain DNA with a rich aromatic softness to it that's surprisingly light and fugacious. The L'Artisan is starker, more floral and crisp and yet very much a 'minimal' scent.

-- Jack Kerouac

i used pure virigin every day...when i recieved the sample, i smelled and immediately i ordered it... such a nice sweet powdery warm baby scent...

No I have not tried it but I like a lot of giacobetti fragrances - so thanks I'll have to try it too. Gotta say, didn't care too much for pure virgin.

Um...not really. The Guerlain is definitely from the Guerlain DNA with a rich aromatic softness to it that's surprisingly light and fugacious. The L'Artisan is starker, more floral and crisp and yet very much a 'minimal' scent.
    Ah, I c Moar lemmingz...