Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperial Vs. Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Whose scent are you a fan and why?
    Last edited by sailim; 28th March 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Millesime Imperial Vs. Acqua Di Parma

Apples and oranges, both are fantastic in their own way. MI has a lot of Green Irish Tweed in it, with a mango accord and Acqua di Parma is a herbal rosemary rose scent. I like both, but would chose GIT over MI and have a bottle of AdPC.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Acqua Di Parma is the hands-down winner in this "contest".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

MI for me as its the closest to a holy grail fragrance that I have tried. If I had to give up every fragrance I have and just keep one, MI would be the one.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you mean Acqua di Parma Colonia? Because technically, Acqua di Parma is a house, not a fragrance.

Assuming an affirmative answer, I go with AdP.

[QUOTE=scentsitivity;2125273]Do you mean Acqua di Parma Colonia? QUOTE]

Yes, sorry .. I will correct the title

Default Re: Millesime Imperial Vs. Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Millesime Imperial by far IMO.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A couple of additional comments. I own both. I want to say in 2007 or 2008 I wore Millesime Imperial more than most anything (it was before I kept records, so I can't say for sure). Then at some point, the top notes fizzled in my bottle. So I could no longer enjoy the opening. Oddly enough, the MI would occasionally revitalize. In fact, I am near the bottom of the bottle and am wearing it today. Am surprised how good it smells again - and I have a touch of a head cold. But the inconsistent presentation is a factor on why I won't be replacing MI. The other is that testing current (2010) batches of MI, gave me the impression of a much thinner base; one that I do not appreciate as much.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to go with Acqua Di Parma hands down as well. I have actually gone to the local Neiman Marcus with the sole intent of purchasing MI on two occasions over the last six months, and, both times I have walked out with fragrances other than MI. I chose Green Valley over MI the first time, and, I went with Acqua Di Parma Colonia ASSOLUTA the second time. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a completely impartial party. No intent to start any debates or "aggressive deliberations", but, I find MI far too similar to Unforgivable (which I purchased immediately when it came out and wore to exhaustion) to justify the purchase. AdP fragrances are, in my opinion, superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Millesime Imperial is the hands-down winner in this "contest".

(and i own both)

Post Thanks / Like

acqua di parma for me. i tried both the first time years ago and on the same day and the raving comments i see people on reviews on MI i felt with acqua di parma colonia assoluta.
    “A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (1905—1996)

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Do you mean Acqua di Parma Colonia? Because technically, Acqua di Parma is a house, not a fragrance.

Assuming an affirmative answer, I go with AdP.
    That was my assumption also. But I personally would choose pretty much anything from this house over MI.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 28th March 2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    A couple of additional comments. I own both. I want to say in 2007 or 2008 I wore Millesime Imperial more than most anything (it was before I kept records, so I can't say for sure). Then at some point, the top notes fizzled in my bottle. So I could no longer enjoy the opening. Oddly enough, the MI would occasionally revitalize. In fact, I am near the bottom of the bottle and am wearing it today. Am surprised how good it smells again - and I have a touch of a head cold. But the inconsistent presentation is a factor on why I won't be replacing MI. The other is that testing current (2010) batches of MI, gave me the impression of a much thinner base; one that I do not appreciate as much.
    I totally agree. I had a bottle of MI maybe 6 years ago (?) that had a wonderful melon opening and every bottle since then can not and does not compare favorably. The kicker was when I would spritz on MI and ask wife how I smell and she would say, I love GIT on you. So no use in having backups of GIT and then having MI when she thought MI was GIT.

Now, if we are talking my first bottle of MI vs the Colonia, well, I would have gone MI since I got tons of pleasure and compliments AND longevity out of it, and would still get the Colonia. Now until the MI returns to the scent I remember fondly, I'll vote the Colonia.

Acqua di Parma Colonia, by a light year of distance!
    Pure classical history in a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough one. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and they're just sooooo different. It's really hard to compare and decide.

I guess if I could only own one, it would be the AdP, as I just appreciate it on a deeper level. MI is also a really attractive, versatile scent, though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Colonia or Colonia Assoluta by a country mile!!! MI is not even close!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Is this Colonia or Intensa...Assoluta..?