Code of Conduct

Default TdH EDT vs parfum?

Hi all,

I got a mini of TdH EDT recently and love it so decided to spring for a 75mL bottle of the parfum. Is it just me or does the latter lack the sweet and citric acid opening of the former? I get candy-orange from the EDT but a more metallic/dirty topnote from the parfum that I'm not keen on at all.

Waiting on the drydown (which was the best bit after all) now and hoping I didn't buy a fake... Are these well-agreed differences between the versions or did I get ripped off?

Default Re: TdH EDT vs parfum?

For me the parfum has a brighter, lively orange citrus but get similar drydowns if not the same. The parfum is just smoother in its transitions.

Interestingly, I get much much better longevity from the EdT over the EdP... i was pretty disappointed by the parfum.

the EdT does it all for me.. lasts forever, projects well , smells amazing. what more could i need
    Looking to buy: Terre d'Hermes 3.3 EDT! Lemme know!

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

I have both and don't notice any significant difference except that the longevity of the EDP on me is much greater and it projects much more than the EDT.

The EdT opens with a strong orange note, while the parfum has more of a grapefruit opening to my nose. Also the parfum is less mineralic and does a good job of smoothing out the rough edges that bothered me in the EdT. To me they last about the same, though the EdT shouts more. I prefer the parfum.

PS: If you tested and liked the EdT, why didn't you just buy that one?

The EdT I find it too "citrusy" almost bordering to sour which I don't like. The Parfum is richer, smoother, bolder and definitely better. I prefer the PArfum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    The EdT I find it too "citrusy" almost bordering to sour which I don't like. The Parfum is richer, smoother, bolder and definitely better. I prefer the PArfum.
    Exactly. It is typical when comparing an EdT to parfum that the parfum will have less sillage (and sometimes less longevity) but be richer and smoother. Because of their concentration parfums are more weighted towards the mid and basenotes, and it's the topnotes that give off a lot of sillage. In the case of TdH you aren't going to get the fizzy, IES-driven citrusy topnotes but you'll get more of the earthy/vetiver heart/base. I like both but prefer the parfum.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    The Parfum is richer, smoother, bolder and definitely better. I prefer the PArfum.
    I agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I prefer the Parfum.

I prefer the EdT. Lasts longer on me and I prefer the citrusy opening over the silky smooth opening from the Parfum. They're both great, but I think the EdT smells more masculine.

I like both, sometimes put a bit of edt over the parfum for the top notes.

Also, the difference is not just edt vs parfum, the parfum was reformulated to emphasize the earthy base.

I like the parfum more also.

I like Edt but i would like follow testing the Parfum

It's not just you. TdH is unique, and TdH perfume version has little going on. Granted it's thicker, richer, lasts forever. It lacks in originality, it doesn't project as well, and has no character really.

I think TdH is excellent, but the perfume version is just okay. It's not bad at all, it still has the natural vibe there, it has more vetiver too. To compare.. TdH: amazing, masterpiece, will probably be Hermes' top seller for years to come. Perfume version: Take out the citrus.. thicken up what's left, and add some vetiver. I guess the perfume version is good for somebody who doesn't like the earthy bitter citrus notes at the top, or doesn't want all the projection. On my skin, the EDT projects like a monster, while the perfume version projects well, but nothing like the EDT.

Terre d´Hermes EDT

Kerosene

The opening of the parfum is much richer and intense, but after a few hours, they both drydown very similar. I've grown to love that intense orange/grapefruity opening.

Both last pretty much the same on me.

Thanks for all the replies - I got the parfum because of the endless "I like it better" in the comparative reviews and the difficulty of getting a sample here. I figured that since the EDT is so good and everyone likes the parfum more, how could I go wrong? However, I missed the bit about cranking up the flinty/mineral notes and it seems to me that they dominate. I can also kind of perceive a "rotten orange" note (mentioned in a few reviews) in the parfum that I couldn't get at all from the EDT.

The parfum definitely is smoother and richer but I think it's lost some of the cedar from the drydown which I found quite appealing and replaced it with the mineral notes. The parfum smells less artificial in the opening but I think I prefer the EDT in the drydown, which is the best bit of TdH. I get better longevity and projection from the EDT too.

All you people who prefer the parfum over the EDT, who would like to swap my 99%-full 75mL parfum bottle for your preferably 95%+ full 100mL EDT bottle? Someone in Australia (better yet, Adelaide!) would be best due to shipping costs.

I'd post this in the Swap forum but of course I can't because I'm new here.

Parfum!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

I own both. The fresh top-notes of the edt smells great, but after 10 minutes they are gone. The parfume version is (as mention above) richer, smoother and bolder. There is also more "dirt" in the drydown of the Parfume. The sillage is a bit better (with a small margin) on the EDT. The longevity are equal on both. They both smell great, but I prefer the Parfume version.

I love TdH EdT but don´t like Parfum Version till now. It´s to green for me. To much.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."