Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is it that makes scents like Le Male and A*Men last so long?

And whatever it is that they do to make that happen, why don't they do it to all fragrances?

Default Re: What is it that makes scents like Le Male and A*Men last so long?

I am no perfume expert. I may even say something stupid now, but I think that they have a higher concentration of perfume oil then other fragrances. Usually, this means that it is a quality fragrance, but they also use synthethic perfume oil to reduce the price. You can be sure that they have something synthethic in there.
    This all I can answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Musk and lots of it!

Chemically, it's not much different than laundry detergent which is one of the muskiest things out there (think about how the smell of it lingers many (MANY) days after washing). It's not a bad thing at all, but lots of houses that stay away from chemical musks (think Creed) tend to not last as long.

Post Thanks / Like

That's it? That's the big secret to longevity? If that's all it takes, then why on Earth doesn't everybody go down that route?!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in but there are a number of factors that can effect longevity. Certain chemicals last longer than others, citrus 'notes' are a good example of the broad type that generally do not last regardless of the fragrance. Meanwhile some vanilla's, wood's etc can have great longevity. Then you've got to consider concentration levels, the quality of the ingredients, and the commercial aspects.