Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Very Irrestible. Underrated Gourmond? Or just another good winter scent

Do you guys classify Very Irresistible as a not so talked about gourmond or is it just a average winter scent. Your thoughts.

Default Re: Givenchy Very Irrestible. Underrated Gourmond? Or just another good winter scent

Your right, not very talked about. In Canada it was pushed extremely hard around 2008 which kind of made me dislike it off the bat lol. Once I actually got to trying it out, I think it is a wonderful blend of Mocha and Hazelnut which I havn't really seen done in any other fragrance. It feels very "high quality" to me.

Now, why I bought it about 8 months ago, and turned around to selling it just a few months after is a big question mark (I should really start writing this stuff down) - I think it was more association as an acquaintance I know started wearing it.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: Givenchy Very Irrestible. Underrated Gourmond? Or just another good winter scent

another good all-around-year scent.

The stuff is nice ... it was a signature scent of mine back in 06. Would you classify it as a gourmond? And if so where does it rank with the musc ravaguars and the new harlems?

I really like this. Very nicely done and while not big on sillage, it has good staying power as a skin scent and on clothing. It doesn't smell like anything else out there really. Similar to some others sure, but it very much has its own thing going on. Definitely underrated in my opinion.

well..Itīs not bad , but I did get a poor L/S,
    I donīt know your experience about that....
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garįons man 2

I bought this one about 6 months ago and sold it within 4wks. The reason? At first it smelled distinct and unique, but the more I wore it the more I realized how muddled and distorted the notes smelled. And there was a weird lotion/chemical note that really bothered me. I just don't think it smells very natural or smooth. It has its moments for sure, but ultimately it fails to create a sexy vibe for me. Also, longevity & sillage were just average on me.

Interestingly enough, I just picked up VI Fresh Attitude and I like it much better. Not sure it lasts long enough for me yet...

It's a very nice Givenchy style scent that is simply seldom spoken of. I own it and love it, got some compliments while wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    It's a very nice Givenchy style scent that is simply seldom spoken of. I own it and love it, got some compliments while wearing it.
    Silliage when in the 1st hour is booming then it dies down but the scent last on me a good bit like 7 hours. I love the stuff. I'm just trying to place when its more appropriate to where

Quote Originally Posted by SymbianBlack View Post
    Silliage when in the 1st hour is booming then it dies down but the scent last on me a good bit like 7 hours. I love the stuff. I'm just trying to place when its more appropriate to where
    Evenings, autumn and winter, with better attire as it is not a casual scent. For dating and clubbing - why not, I kind of wouldn't wear it to the office even though Very irresistible for men can pass for formal and special occasions. Someone made a Xeryus Rouge comparison and I almost have to agree with that person, although XR is colder ,sweeter and muskier- thus more wearable in warmer days.